PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP, games and ALT-TABing

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2003, 03:51:22 PM
Does WIndows XP work well for ALT-TABing and games? When on 98, I used to be able to bale out of most games, so I could, for example, chat on AIM. But I have tried it with two games, and Black Hawk Down goes screwy, while Enter the Matrix cant be reentered. Is this normal for games on XP?

Gurney Devries
May 23rd, 2003, 04:10:46 PM
It all depends on the game. I hear the PC version of Enter the Matrix is extremely buggy, for example.

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2003, 04:22:37 PM
If you can run it in a window it seems to make most games more alt-tab friendly. But it could also be your hardware/drivers.

Shouldn't this be in the games forum?

Charley
May 24th, 2003, 01:00:18 PM
Issues regarding alt tab are the fault of crappy game code. Microsoft bend themselves over backwards to make a friendly OS, and it works fine for 95% of the stuff out there.

Zach Almsalsys
May 24th, 2003, 04:51:08 PM
If you cant bring the programs back up from the taskbar, try Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Right click on the program your trying to bring up, then click "Bring To Front".

You'll probally still have the End Task menu still up when the program flies, so just close it.

imported_Grev Drasen
May 25th, 2003, 11:55:51 AM
I only play two games, Starcraft and Unreal Tournament, and it works well with both of those. But on UT it still plays the background music while I'm on my desktop.