PDA

View Full Version : Where Do We Get Stuff?

Sage Hazzard
May 23rd, 2003, 01:05:05 AM
A Padawan of mine asked IC recently how the Jedi get their possesions. Now this Padawan probably already has their own views on how, OOC, but was just asking for their character's knowledge. But I'd never really thought of it before. I gave an answer to the best of my knowledge of the Jedi and what they stand for. Basically I said we either had it before becoming Jedi, make it, get it donated, or get money from the government if we ask for aid. Though I might be wrong.

So, can anyone give their opinions(or facts, if there are facts) on how Jedi get their possesions and stuff. In the movies they probably friggin' made everything and ate rice for every meal. :lol But how do we go about it?

Oriadin
May 23rd, 2003, 03:50:01 AM
I would imagine the Jedi get funding from the senate. So it would work the same way as how the police, and schools get their things in real life.

Marcus Telcontar
May 23rd, 2003, 05:02:52 AM
Theft.

I'm serious as far as GJO is concerned - Scorpion and Tohmahawk made a data raid and screwed a few places out of a lot of credits. IC, the Order has no need to ask for funding. "It's been looked after" as they say in the classics.

In the movies, I get the feelign the Jedi can be very independant if they want. I'm not so sure they are funded from the Republics coffers. An organisation going back so far, I'm sure they have resources.

Mace : Yoda, we need credits to renovate.

Yado : Hmm.... feel General Galatic is going to rise on the stock market I do. Buy.

Hey, you never know. as for Jedi gaining personal possessions, I'm sure if a Jedi needed somethign,t hey can get it

Alpha
May 23rd, 2003, 09:14:48 AM
By guile, trickery, brute force or the honesty thing. :)

Wei Wu Wei
May 23rd, 2003, 10:14:23 PM
I always thought Jedi rooms came already furnished except for the Jedi's personal belongings