PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Top Ten Horror Flix (anime included)

Lann
May 22nd, 2003, 08:58:43 PM
In no particular order...

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Kubrick's The Shining
Carpenter's The Thing
Carpenter's Halloween
Dead of Night - '45
Black Sunday (AKA Mask of Satan) - '60
The Conqueror Worm
Masque of Red Death - '63
Deathdream - '72

Charley
May 22nd, 2003, 09:09:16 PM
The Ring
Fire in the Sky
Signs
The Sixth Sense
Twilight Zone: The Movie
The Shining
The Birds
The Thing
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Poltergeist

Jinn Fizz
May 22nd, 2003, 09:10:11 PM
Very favorite horror movie:

The Haunting (the original, NOT the stupid remake from '99)

the rest include:

John Carpenter's The Fog
John Carpenter's The Thing
Psycho
The Birds
John Carpenter's Halloween
Return of the Living Dead (yeah, a comedy, but still a horror movie)
Carrie
From Dusk Till Dawn
Signs
Poltergeist

BUFFJEDI
May 23rd, 2003, 05:39:52 PM
In order

SKB: which by the way I was in,and about 10 people have seen>_<

Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween 6
Halloween 2
Halloween 1
The fog
Salems lot
Friday the 13th 4
friday 13th6
I do have other Fav's But they are alot of Indy that I have no clue as to there name.And also all and any Hammer Horror But once agian the names escape me :(

Lann
May 24th, 2003, 12:41:49 AM
Oh yeah, I grew up on Universal Studios, Hammer Films, and Roger Corman's Poe classics.

I had a difficult time excluding the original The Haunting and Legend of Hell House. I also like Mario Bava's anthology called Black Sabbath, the very same director who made Black Sunday (AKA Mask of Satan) from my top ten list. These are the only two movies I have seen by this legendary italian horror director. But his other material appears quite subpar.

Another horror flick I like is Near Dark and concerns outlaw vampires in Texas. It stars Lance Henrikson, Adrian Pasder, and Bill Paxton. Directed by James Cameron's ex-wife, Katherine Bigelow. The bar scene is excellent. It is a movie I personally think may given some inspiration to Tarantino's From Dusk Til Dawn and Vamp starring Grace Jones. Some of the elements in the plot and it's sequences found in all three are abit too familiar.

I can't say Carpenter's Vampire$ drew from these three because it was largely adapted from a Steakley novel of the same title. Though it is from the same vein.