PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition spar 1

Pierce Tondry
May 21st, 2003, 11:47:53 AM
(ooc) Combatants, please read this thread (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29512) in Avalon before posting.

Ka' el Darcverse
May 21st, 2003, 01:49:53 PM
The day was bright and clear; a few clouds in the blue sky that were moving slowly through the air aided by a brisk breeze blowing over the area. The atmosphere around the matches was a carnival; though the exhibitionists had an air of seriousness to them.

Ka' el was slightly nervous. He had trained for many years to be a Jedi, but he had never sparred anyone, at least outside of his saber classes. He had certainly never sparred before a crowd before. He was honored to be able to display the lessons he had learned before the honorable gathering of Masters and Knights and nervous, he didn't want to be embarrased.

Slowly he took his spot in the ring, his match was the first one of the day and he was a bit early. Crouching down in a lotus form he began to do some Jedi Battle Meditation, to prepare himself for the upcoming match.

Syrius Cline
May 22nd, 2003, 12:58:17 AM
"Oh, bloody hell, give me a break."

He sat his first foot on the fighting area.

"So now my defeat has to be on display, eh?" he said, mostly to himself. "Just when I need a smoke most. Damn doctors and their meddling 'studies'. Screw you, you panty waist, I want my damn firey cylinder of death and I want to inhale the smoke into my lungs until the damn Force bloody takes me!"

He breathed deep, calming himself. He rarely made sense when he was frazzled and made even less since when he was scared. This was one of those days where he made the least amount of sense of all.

"Okay, mate, let's go the distance. Afterwards, you can buy me a beer to soften my scraps and bruises," he spoke now to Ka'el, who'd he hadn't addressed until now.

He bowed to the Masters to the side, though not very deeply. It was a very casual bow, one a civilian would give. Syrius never knew how to bow, so he never tried.

Oriadin
May 22nd, 2003, 03:01:29 AM
Oriadin nestled himeself down in the crowd ready to watch the battle commence. Both Padawans he knew, although it was Syrius he knew best. An interesting match up here he thought to himself as he looked on.

Ka' el Darcverse
May 26th, 2003, 02:40:39 PM
OOC* Sorry for the delay there Sage

IC*

Ka' el rose from his meditative stance, a look of calm upon his face. This was a friendly match and he had no fear of being severely injured, but he focused as intently on the task at hand as he would have had he been facing a Sith Lord.

A smile came to his face for a brief moment as he heard his opponents wise-cracks. He did not know this man before him but he felt a kin-ship to him; as he felt with all fellow Jedi.

"I am the Padawan Ka' el Darcverse. Apprentice to Master Figrin D'an, it is an honor to face you." He said politely. As he finished speaking he tossed off his robes and removed his saber from his belt.

Snap-hisssss

"Whenever you are ready..."

Syrius Cline
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:41:08 AM
"Yeah, hey there Ka'el, nice to meet you mate. I'm Syrius Cline, Padawan to Xazor Elessar," he said, all the time holding up a finger, asking for a second.

He fumbled for his sabre. They handed it to him earlier... oh right, there it was, in his trench coat's pocket. He threw off the trench coat, reveling a green Jedi garb. It was more casual than most, the outer shirt undone and nothing tucked in.

"Okay, then... viola..." he said, banging the lightsabre. Finally, he found the button and a green blade shot out from the end. "Presto. Alright, uh..." he was clearly uneasy with the weapon in his hand, holding it out like a wet diaper. "Come and get it, I suppose."

He held it in an ackward defense stance.

OOC - Heh. Ditto. lol

Ka' el Darcverse
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:42:16 PM
Ka' el watched in amazement as Syrius fumbled with the classical Jedi weapon.

Does he not know how to use the blade...

Ka' el stepped forward and swung his saber in a horizontal arc towards Syrius' midsection, swiping from right to left, a probing first attack.

Syrius Cline
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:41:36 AM
Syrius brought the sabre into a one handed grip, in his left hand. It brought it down and to his left in a clockwise semi-circle, intersecting the other sabre in a "t".

"Oh crap, this ain't happening..."

He instinctively stepped in and kicked his right foot out at Ka'el's exposed left shoulder.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jun 8th, 2003, 05:09:41 PM
Ka' el felt the kick coming through the Force and instinctively spun to his right, watching his fellow Padawan's foot fly by his shoulder. Syrius was quick but undisciplined in his fighting, Ka' el figured that he was naturally a good fighter but did not work on honing his battle skills.

As the Padawan spun to avoid his counter-parts attack he brough his saber up and in a circular path over the head of Syrius and then brought it down towards his back. Attempting to strike him at the base of his neck across his shoulders.

Syrius Cline
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:19:23 AM
Without warning, Syrius brought his sabre over his shoulder in a two handed grip and blocked the attack without looking. It was due only to his pre-cognition, which was only a feeling but a strong urging feeling.

"Holy--" He got out before instictively pivoting on his right foot, bringing the sabre in a low slash at Ka'el's ankles. At this point, the Padawan was going on pure intuition and "feel". He surmised his Master would be proud but he felt wildly out of control of his actions, which eerked him deeply. Though the side effect was some adequete swordplay.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jun 12th, 2003, 06:34:16 AM
Ka' el watched the man match his moves with a technique that he could only define as desperation. It was impressive to see how a Jedi's precognition could help them wield a saber so effectively.

Still holding the blade in but one hand, Ka' el simply swung in down in an arc and met Syrius' saber.

"They're going to create a new form after your style Syrius," The fellow Padawan affectionately mocked. As their sabers met neck Ka' el's left ankle, the boy pivoted on his right, ducking low and attempted to sweep out Syrius' legs.

He had also switched his saber to his left hand and swung it as well making it much more difficult to avoid than just simply hopping his leg.

Syrius Cline
Jun 15th, 2003, 02:15:56 AM
Syrius flipped back, over the sabre and legs. His hair, heavily gelled, almost got set ablaze.

"Damnit!"

He was agile, hence the flip, but he was no swordsman. He switched off the sabre and tossed it aside.

"Come on then! Come at me!" Syrius beckoned, his frustration with his own skill clearly showing.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jun 18th, 2003, 10:19:07 AM
Using the Force Ka' el levitated the Saber back towards Syrius.

"Use the weapon, I do not want to hurt you and if you fight me without a saber and I with one, you could be hurt."

Ka' el then stood there waiting for Syrius to take the weapon back into his hand.

Syrius Cline
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:01:33 AM
Syrius raised his eyebrow.

"Okay, you silly bloke. Though you're handicapping me actually. Damn sabre only gets in the way."

He took the sword.

"Alright then goody-goody, try me."

Ka' el Darcverse
Jul 7th, 2003, 11:21:49 PM
Ka' el's saber came up quickly meeting Syrius' own blade. He gripped his saber with his right hand only allowing his left hand to slip below the two's clashing sabers and direct a Force push into the chest of his opponent.

The blow was simply designed to push Syrius off-balance and allow Ka' el to swing his saber under the over-exerted guard of his opponent.

Syrius Cline
Jul 17th, 2003, 01:08:06 AM
Syrius wasn't perticularly good with mystical things. The fact he couldn't Force Push compounded his folly in defense of it. It wasn't ever expected and Syrius never even thought it could be done.

So he hit the ground. He raised his sabre up trying to fend off further attacks.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:02:18 AM
Ka' el looks down at his opponent and deactivates his saber. Then reaches his hand down towards Syrius.

"How about that drink?"