PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition spar thread notes.

Pierce Tondry
May 21st, 2003, 11:45:31 AM
Here's the way each thread is working.

First, participants have been PMed with links to the threads they will be sparring in. No one knows who will be fighting who until the links have been followed to their respective threads and posted in. This is to make things more fun. (for me :))

Second, because there were an odd number of sign-ups, I'm going to have to drop one of Sejah's entries. Sejah, you can post with whichever char you want in your exhibition thread, but only use one.

Third, the setting is assumed to be a wide flat stage about five feet off the ground. It is outside, and the day is bright and sunny. A spectator stage with seating is nearby where Jedi Masters can watch and offer advice from. It also has a concession stand where you can buy T-shirts, sunglasses, and mugs.

There is no real defeat in this. The spar simply runs until the two combatants have had enough, although a character who has been caught offguard and conceivably could be killed can certainly use that as a reason to stop fighting.

Good luck, have fun, and may the Force be with you!

Shanaria Fabool
May 21st, 2003, 10:08:39 PM
Question....Are people not fighting aloud to cheer ppl on from the croud, of can only the people in the fight post?

Oriadin
May 22nd, 2003, 03:24:50 AM
Well I posted in a couple of threads so I hope its ok.

Marcus Telcontar
May 22nd, 2003, 03:49:57 AM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, old style handing out popcorn and heckling :D

Oriadin
May 22nd, 2003, 04:04:01 AM
Hey! You in the front row! Turn your bloody phone off!

Marcus Telcontar
May 22nd, 2003, 04:13:45 AM
NO!

Zeke
May 22nd, 2003, 06:52:57 AM
I don't see why that'd be a problem--people in the crowd observing/commenting/cheering/buying snacks, I mean. Why else would there be seating all around the arena?

Marcus Telcontar
May 22nd, 2003, 07:20:27 AM
You have no idea how that used to be part of challenges - heckling and popcorn throwing was almost the most fun bit. The byplay of the spectactors could be even nastier than the actual challenge and sometimes fights would break out even worse and turn into all in brawls.

Or turn into a Lady Mara Jade macking Turbogeek while a 40 foot Bill Clinton Monster denyed anything happened. You probably would have enjoyed some of that insanity Zeke :)

Man, I miss some of that stuff.

Zeke
May 22nd, 2003, 08:24:26 AM
Ooh...Sounds like it's right up my alley! Insanity is good! It makes Zeke smile. :)

Shanaria Fabool
May 22nd, 2003, 11:53:13 AM
Sound like fun!! LET THE HECKLING BEGIN!!!

Rognan Dar
May 22nd, 2003, 01:10:15 PM
Another question: Are we useing REAL sabers, or those practice ones? If its the practice ones, could we hit eachother.....lightly? :lol

Pierce Tondry
May 22nd, 2003, 06:31:06 PM
Yes, spectating is absolutely fine. Ergo the concession stand.

Rognan: Gah, that's a tricky question I didn't want to have to deal with. :p Let's assume that these are practice lightsabers that match real lightsabers in every respect except that they will sting any skin they come into contact with.

You may also assume that the lightsabers in question are exact physical matches for your personal ones, so there will be no worrying about wielding weapons you are not used to.

Rognan Dar
May 22nd, 2003, 10:42:47 PM
Ok, sounds good. Just wanted to make sure before someone losses a limb or something :lol

Sage Hazzard
May 23rd, 2003, 01:08:31 AM
If it's cool, I'm just going to Syrius was handed his LS before the match began and came in with it. Hope that's how it's intended. Instead of say... throwing the sabres in the middle of the ring and making the contestants dive for them. :lol

Though he'll probably throw his into the audience. :lol... Or maybe into the popcorn stand... and pop all the unpopped kernels!!! :lol