PDA

View Full Version : Desperate times, desperate measures

Oddball
May 20th, 2003, 05:11:48 PM
Detatching his grappling hook and landing on the building below, Oddball sat on the edge, sighing. Great job there. Once more, you find yourself in too deep. Idiot he thought, as he began thinking about what he had got himself into.

He had agreed on a job with a man named Brianni Trackt, the head of a criminal organisation. At first it had sounded simple. All he had to do was break into a rival groups base of operations, and destroy their computer mainframe, hence crippling them. Agreeing instantly, Oddball had then gone to see what the place looked like. To say it wasn't a one man job was an understatement. The building looked like any other business organisation's, but Oddball knew what to look for. Aside from the two heavily armed guards just inside the door, he could see every room had security cameras, and every window was made to be unbreakable. Having seen similar systems before, he knew that all the guards had to do was press one button, and every single door would be locked secure and every corridor would activate anti-personel devices for use on all but people who were in the mainframes database.

Normally, a job he couldnt do wouldn't bother him. But Oddball knew of Trackt's record. A person who failed him was a person who wouldn't be failing him again, if you see his meaning. Sighing, Oddball looked down at the people below, trying to think of a way out of this.

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2003, 05:44:24 PM
"Oh, come on, I haven't got all day."

Daetana adjusted the strap on her shoulder, before reaching up to push her sunglasses back on her nose. A bell-boy was struggling up the steps behind her, carrying several large heavy pieces of luggage. Since her home had, unexpectedly, been burnt to the ground, Dae had been staying in hotels while things got sorted out. Her heels click as she walked up the steps, stopping only to take a look around the lobby before entering.

Oddball
May 20th, 2003, 05:59:07 PM
Helloooooo, is that who I THINK it is? Oddball thought, pulling out a small pair of binoculars. He watched as a human female walked into the hotel across from him. He recognised her as the person he had fought with not too long ago above a Coruscant plaza.

Hmm, the job is too much for a one man operation, but what about one man, one woman? Huzzah!

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2003, 06:13:48 PM
A few hours had past, and Dae was just about to get into bed. She ran a hand through her hair, making faces in the mirror. She was wrapped in a white towel, slipping on a complimentary pair of hotel slippers before leaving the bathroom.
She dried herself off before changing into a long black silk nightie and crawling into bed.

Oddball
May 20th, 2003, 06:22:51 PM
Walking back up to the roof he had sat upon but a few hours before, Oddball geared himself up for the task ahead. He had tapped into the hotel's security system, and found what room she was in, one that was slightly lower than the level Oddball faced, on this side of the building. Okay, swing over, land feet first against the wall, cut a hole in the glass, slip inside, begin talking. Easy he thought to himself, before getting out his Tonfa, and firing it's grappling hook above him. Holding it with both hands, he jumped off, flying through the night sky in a graceful(ish) arc.

"Woahah, too close to the w...." he started, before swinging straight into the window. The momentum caused him to fly straight through the room, landing face force into the door. Slowly dropping backwards to the ground, Oddball held his nose, checking it wasn't broken.

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2003, 07:01:18 PM
Dae shot up in bed, shards of glass were shattered all over the floor and the foot of the bed.

Slipping out of bed, she walked softly, carefully towards the man who was now laying on her floor. A frown crept over her lips; it was the man who fought with her in her bedroom. The smart-mouthed one.

"Not you again. Haven't you ever heard of a door?" She called her saber to her with the Force, holding the hilt in her hand but not igniting it. She waited for his answer, wondering what the frell he was doing here.

Oddball
May 20th, 2003, 07:06:07 PM
"Yes, I just met him" Oddball replied, still dazed. Looking up, he could see he had at least found the right room.

"I come to ask a favour. Not much, just going somewhere, blowing stuff up, things like that."

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2003, 07:21:01 PM
"Why me? You're the big tough-swing-through-windows guy, why do you need me to go with you?"
She folded her arms across her chest, looking down at him. "And what makes you think I'd do you a favor?"

Oddball
May 20th, 2003, 07:23:43 PM
Not bothering to get up, Oddball continued the conversation.

"I need you because I can't do this job on my own, I need help. And I think you'll do it because it is for a good cause, and Im sure you have a place in your heart for good causes. Somewhere."

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2003, 07:28:29 PM
She rolled her eyes."Good cause. Suuuuure."
She held a hand to him, to help him to his feet. "Don't you have other little freak friends who run around in Halloween masks to help you?"

Oddball
May 20th, 2003, 07:32:55 PM
"Oh you're just jealous you didnt think of dressing up as a red and black Panda first. he replied, slowly getting up.

"Criminal organisations are bad. Hurting them is good. Hence, good cause."

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2003, 07:43:15 PM
"Uh-huh." She sounded skeptical. But it wasn't every day that a pyjama'd masked man swung into her room asking for her help.

"I assume you have some sort of plan for getting into this "somewhere" so we can blow things up." She left him standing alone and made her way to the mini-bar. She poured herself a large glass of vodka and glanced at him over her shoulder. "Drink?"