PDA

View Full Version : Criticism, please!

Pierce Tondry
May 19th, 2003, 10:31:43 PM
I have two new pieces of poetry posted at Meras. Sedate and Seduced are my latest creations and I'd like some feedback.

Sedate is a comparison/capture piece., Seduced is a preliminary experiment with iambic pentamenter. Do you like one more than the other? Does one make a bigger impact? What do they convey? Is one more relaxing than the other? (That's an odd question, I know, but it's based on a comment I got from someone)

Here is a direct link to the thread in question:
http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5949

All answers and opinions are very much appreciated!

Droo
May 20th, 2003, 05:07:41 PM
Having read your other work today too, I can say that I personally find your latest deliveries are the best of the bunch and I really, really, really like them. You have a refreshing style, not overly dramatic or burdened by minimalism-desperate blandness. It's very subtle but strong. I'm going to have to wrap my mind around those two some more at a time when I'm feeling more poetic and all that jazz but thumbs up! Great work.

Pierce Tondry
May 21st, 2003, 09:04:58 AM
Thank you, Dru. This makes ONE person brave enough to come forward and say what they think about poetry! Anybody else? :)

Mitara Sinar
May 21st, 2003, 05:02:32 PM
Their nice! I like the last one the best in my option. I personaly like poems with some sort of rhyme to it.

Charley
May 21st, 2003, 06:13:04 PM
Originally posted by Mitara Sinar
Their nice! I like the last one the best in my option. I personaly like poems with some sort of rhyme to it.

They're nice!

They're nice!

They're nice!

They're nice!

As for the thread. I'll try to read it and pass verdict by the weekend.

Marcus Telcontar
May 21st, 2003, 07:08:16 PM
I have absolutly no mental concept of poetry - it just simply doesnt work for me. I dont know why that it, but it all looks messed and makes little sense. I read, it's poetry, but as per usual, it just fails to connect or make a lot of sense. Not your fault, it's just the way I read things and my mind works