PDA

View Full Version : Questions (Open to all)

Southstar
May 19th, 2003, 09:05:24 PM
Southstar leaned comfortably against a transparisteel window pane holding a corellian ale in one hand and the hilt of his lightsaber in the other. For once what he saw in his gaze was the subject of his thoughts.

The corridor was long, doors on each side in an alternating pattern from one wall to the other. In the open spaces across from a door was a bust of a Dark Lord; Vader, Palpatine, a few Southstar didn't recognize. The same applied to the paintings on the ceiling that depicted various scenes of Sith history. But it wasn't the detail of the architecture that caught his eye, it was the fact that nobody had walked down this hall all day. At the far end were rooms for appretices, which should be full. Father up towards Southstar was a large door leading to a library, which hadn't been used. Closer to him were single rooms which could be used as an office of sorts. None of it used.

Southstar wasn't sure why though, while he was out he had heard of a schism in the Order but he didn't realize the impact it had until returned. How many of his fellow apprentices had been around as long as he had, even then it was only a short time that he had been around. And if they had been around since before him, why didn't they leave with seemingly everyone else.

Southstar broke from his thoughts as he heard footsteps in the distance. A master? Knight? Apprentice? Whoever it was perhaps they would have some answers.

Warlock
May 20th, 2003, 10:49:47 AM
The footsteps were matched with a tap-taping, as an old mans walking stick touched the ground. Slowly but surely the Warlock was making his way past the busts and paintings, past the tributes and trophies and taking in each one to memory incase its details were required at a later time – however unlikely it was.

As always, the old man wore a deep blue cloak with a cowl pulled over his head. From beneath the hood he could be heard ‘hmm’ing and ‘ahh’ing on occasion, muttering things to himself about what he saw before him. Apparently he had no yet noticed the other Sith within the hallway.

Southstar
May 20th, 2003, 10:08:08 PM
The footsteps grew closer as Southstar took another gulp of his ale. He set his lightsaber down and leaned forward to see who it was coming down the hall.

Another Sith dressed in the traditional robes was slowly roaming the halls. Southstar smiled sarcastically and leaned back into his former position while taking another gulp of his ale. "Whoever you are pick up the pace. I want to speak to you and I don't feel like waiting all day."

Warlock
May 21st, 2003, 11:00:51 AM
A muffled snort of chuckle came from beneath the old mans hood as he approached the young one, who was apparently guzzling away on a draught of some sort – he could smell the ale on him for a few feet away. Paused at the statue to the apprentices’ side, Warlock did not look directly at him, instead admiring the painting on the wall.

“Mmm?”

Southstar
May 21st, 2003, 10:40:20 PM
"Are you blind?" Southstar almost shouted in irritation, "Over here old man, talk to the one who speaks back and not the picture of the glory days." He had never before seen this man around, but maybe it was because he was never looking.

Warlock
May 22nd, 2003, 11:30:23 AM
“Just because I’m not looking at you, my boy, doesn’t mean I’m not talking to you. Surely you have the intelligence to know that,” the man replied, as he glanced downwards. From the shadow of his cowl his eyes could be seen to now be looking directly at Southstar.

Southstar
May 22nd, 2003, 06:27:32 PM
Southstar wanted to lash out at the old man for the comment about doubting his intelligence, but he didn't. It wasn't worth it and this guy was a fellow Sith. You can't be lashing out at your own, especially when you own consists of a handful. "I prefer to speak to what I can see." He replied sharply. He paused to run through his memories to see if he had ever seen this man around the palace before.

Warlock
May 24th, 2003, 03:11:31 PM
Beneath his hood he almost rolled his eyes. Some of these younger Sith …

“Very well.”

Shifting around unexpectedly quickly, Warlock pressed his staff against the floor as he stood straight-on with Southstar. The light showed his face now, old as it was, though it was evident he would not draw the hood away.

“What do you want to speak with me about then, mm?”

Southstar
May 25th, 2003, 12:13:19 PM
"First off, who are you and why haven't I seen you here before." Southstar was going to be cautious with this man. Looks could be very deceiving, especially with old men. Who knew if this guy was even a Sith, he could be a spy.

Warlock
May 25th, 2003, 12:36:16 PM
“You may call me Warlock, and you have not seen me before because I have only recently arrived and joined this Order. Now, who are you?”

Southstar
May 26th, 2003, 09:12:20 PM
"Southstar. I've been here a few years but never made knight status due to various disasters during my training." He said and wondered what kind of power this old man really had. "Have you had previous training with the dark side?"

Warlock
May 27th, 2003, 03:30:11 AM
“I’ve been studying it longer than you’ve been alive, Southstar, just didn’t realize it until now,” the Warlock replied with a genuine smile.

Southstar
May 30th, 2003, 11:22:25 AM
As Southstar had expected, Warlock must be very advanced in the Force. "What is you status within the order?" Southstar wondered if the higher-ups within the Sith Order had allowed him to be considered a master or not.

Warlock
May 31st, 2003, 07:08:18 AM
“Apprentice or some such moniker.”

Southstar
May 31st, 2003, 05:47:36 PM
"Apprentice?" Southstar said but was confused, didn't Warlock say he had been studying the Force since before he was born? "How does one study study the Force for so long and yet only take the rank of apprentice?"

Warlock
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:54:10 AM
“I’ve only just joined this place, my boy, quite obviously I’m going to be of the lowest rank. In time I’ll progress… I fear my studies in the Darkside haven’t been quite as feverish as those here. Perhaps that’s why I’m not as advanced as some of your … Masters.”

Southstar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:18:07 PM
"Have you ever wielded a lightsaber before?" Southstar asked. Warlock seemed to be strong in the Force, but could he fight? Could Warlock hold his own against a Jedi?

Warlock
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:39:06 AM
“I have not, and nor do I feel the need too. From what I’ve heard, people rely far too greatly on these lightsabers… falling back onto them as crutches.”

DarKnight
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:07:34 AM
-Just then, suddenly in a darkened corner, a robed figure appeared silently from thin air in swirls of black smoke. He slowly but confidenlty walks forward; walking the hall his figure is over 7" tall and of a large build although the robes hide any visible proof. His jet black skin and eyes are not visible beneath the shadow of his hood but his burning red pupils show clearly his eyes sweeping to observe any and all details along the corridor. As he slowly approaches the other two he walks into clearer sight, his dull black plate-mail peaking from beneath his long robes showing arcane script in silver adorning the armour. A large sword handle protrudes, from a hole in his robes, on his back and as he takes very deliberate steps visible to are a pistol holstered to the thigh of each leg; His large and armed presentation initialy appear very menacing but his casual, solid demeanor suggests something of a more thoughtful if not at least more sinister purpose. His steps grom shorter and slower and eventually stops as he opennly shares his words with the two.-

"Be not concered for my arms for they are reserved only for my defense and the active purging of the forces of the light. Be not alarmed I am no spy, I am no threat at least not right now. I am mearly a lone Dark Knight travelling the worlds in search of purpose and adventure."
-As he speaks his sharp teeth barley glisten beneath the light and his voice is gravelly and rugged but very certain and honest and the balance it holds is just a little short of unnerving.-

-Once more dry words escape his lips.-
"Truth be told, I have grown weary on my travels; But not of effort, oh no quite the opposite, I grow weary of the bordem. I am the last of my kind and so the only challanges left are the kind I can stirr up in bars, taverns or Jedi seminars. My life has been degraded to a mear bounty hunter and although those few who know of my carrer swear blindly of its adventure it is nothing compared to the old days.
So I come here to seak purpose, to seek a meaning for my actions."

Odin Murk
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:59:53 AM
:: A door opens and a bent over shape goes through the door that is too short for him. The hulking image steps into the corridors light and blinks for a moment, its tail still hanging inside the doorway.

I look out of my room to see three people and I'm there long enough to here the closest to me talk. My eyes squint as I try to discern if it is anyone familiar but from what he just said, I don't care. What a pathetic wretch. All talk... I grunt as I lumber forth, my 11 foot tall body hunched over to fit in the corridor. I stand behind the man, my tongue flickering out to taste the air. He might be human, might not. Either way, he could make a great meal at his size.::

Your life hassssssssss obvioussssssly come to an end. You've come to your final ressssssssting placccccccce bounty hunter.

:: My thick claw comes forth and two fingers, the only two able to, wrap around his neck as my tail wraps about his arms and torso, instantly constricting him. I start to apply pressure, smiling as any lizard man could.::

The Ssssssith Order sparesssssssss no mercy for bags of hot air. You're not even worth a meal.

:: I constrict him until I hear cracks of bones and than I drop him. With the force, I slide him down the hallway, resting him at an intersection where as in the meantime that I take to turn to the other two, gaurds find the body and carry him out to be dropped outside the gates of the Sith Order.::

Excussssssssse me...

Ahh! Southssssssssssstar... Hail! Thissssssssss time isssssssss well yesssssss?

:: My standard speech and dialect wasn't the best, and my humor might be lost on the both of them from going from so violent to humanly polite but I could understand it. I chuckled a bit after that.::

ooc: DarKnight, do not post here again until you have registered at the recruitment center if you are looking to join, and if you have something to say about it, send me a pm :D

DarKnight
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:34:23 PM
-DarKnight sits up to throw a usfull little spell to re-knit his broken body-
"Good as new"

-DarKnight again wisps back to the lizardman to state his words.-
"I commend you on your strengh and I will enjoy facing it with my skills in a good spar but first I need to go and flag down the attention of a master or knight and convince an apprenticeship from them. I'll see you around."

-And with that DarKnight throws a punch at the lizard man and although he doesn't clear him down the corridor it does slam him against the wall breaking a rib or two and with sufficient force to thoroughly convince the large lizard that the DarKnight is most definitley not human; Hoping the lizardman will appreciate the return of the friendly jesture.
Before the Lizardman has time to even hit the wall, DarKnight wisps away again leaving the lizardman only the silouette of black mist of his form to stare at before it quickley fades into the air.-

Southstar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:51:40 PM
Southstar watched as the unfamilier face arrived and spoke. He was a little unsure what to think. The man seemed like he may make a decent Sith Knight, after months of hard work, practice and failure. But now he was about as useless as a newborn child.

Before he could respond to him Odin had crept up behind him and given him a taste of true power. "Odin...always a pleasure." He said and soon after Darknight threw his punch. Southstar didn't really know Odin that well, but he did know that the punch would barely phase him and Darknight was lucky he had gotton away when he did.

Odin Murk
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:05:13 PM
:: I chuckle. Getting up, not hurt at all.::

Of coursssssssssse. I hope there are only one of thossssssse mammals here. What interesssssssssssts keepsssssss you in the halls of the Palacccccccccce today, Southsssssstar?

:: I nod to him and the old man, ignoring the other fool.::

Southstar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:17:57 PM
Southstar watched as Odin acknowledged his presence but ignoring Warlock. He silently chuckled to himself; earning Odin's respect wasn't easy, Warlock would learn this as of today.

"Just taking a little time think about the order, Odin." He paused and then elaborated, "Where we are, where we are going..."

Odin Murk
Jun 4th, 2003, 09:13:21 AM
And in time the Darksssssssssside will ansssssssswer those better...

:: I turned slightly, acknowledging the old man. Elders deserved some respect. They had been given the time to learn from their mistakes and to learn how to improvise. They had also been open to knowledge that might have only existed during that time.::

Are you a Ssisssthling old one? Or are you assssssssssss the other fool. No allegianccccccccccccce, jussssssssst a wanderer?

Warlock
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:54:45 PM
“A Sith,” the Warlock replied, studying the lizard man with a curious aspect. He had seen creatures like this before in his time, and would certainly be interested in learning more about this particular specimen.

A sideward glance at the other arrival and the old man smiled beneath his hood. How people amused him so.

Lady Vader
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:04:10 PM
*LV had been standing silently at the end of the corridor, unnoticed by the group, and had seen the entire scene between Odin and DarKnight.*

*A displeased frown creased her brow, but she said nothing. Turning, she silently left the corridor, without ever interrupting the conversation taking place.*

Odin Murk
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:46:13 PM
:: I nodded to the old man.::

Good, good. The Order doessssssssssn't need fools walking about the hallsssssssss.

:: I chuckled, one of my massive claws massaging the tired muscles on my shoulder.::

Tell me, either of you. Have any of you dealt with Ysalmiri?

Southstar
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:57:13 PM
Southstar became alerted at the mention of the Force dampening creatures. "No. But I know enough about them to understand they can be dangerous. Why do you ask?"

Oolana Taine
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:43:16 AM
Oolana was returning to her quarters after a relaxing walk through the grounds and in passing heard a word that made her skin crawl... "ysalmari". She walked out and made her presence known to those gathered.

"Wretched beasts!" Just the memory of the mental touch those creatures infuriated her.

Odin Murk
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:32:32 PM
:: I nodded to the apprentice Taine::

Yssssssssalmari... exxxxxxxxactly Ssssssithling, wretched creaturesssss. Think... our power comesssssss from the forccccccccce and some more than otherssssssssssss.

:: I looked to the old man. That was not insulting in anyway, merely the truth.::

What would happen to usssssssss if all of us lossssssssst our powerssssssss with the forcccccccccce? How would you defend yourssssssssssselves? As we train in the forcccccce should we not teach ourssssssssselves to know our own limitationsssssssss before we exxxxxxxpound on the limitlesssssssss abilities of the forccccccce?

Non forccccccce users can be often known to carry weaponsssssssss laced with Yssssssssssalmari blood. That is lethal to our forcccccccccccccccce attuned bodies. Causing temporal lossssssss of the force, another lethal thing to our bodiesssssssss, and also leading to death or permenant ssssssscarring.

:: Odin's muscles ripple at the thought. As a natural born hunter, I knew it was a neccessity to use poisons and other agents to slow down the game that was too strong or powerful or fast. Force users were all of the above once trained well enough, it wasn't a wonder it was used more often against us.::

Oolana Taine
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:39:31 PM
"Exactly, those...things are dangerous. Anything that can strip us of that which we depend on for power is an abomination."

In Oolana's past, though her force abilities were unknown even to her, ysalmari were favorite pets of her master. He was a collector of exotic things and she spent much of her life trapped in the void that the creatures created.

"I never thought that even their blood could be used against us...is that really possible?" she asked turning to face Odin.

Odin Murk
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:51:59 PM
:: I chuckled, lifting one claw up, the long fingers and the claw together was longer than most of the lengths of the faces of those before me.::

A recorded fight between Lady Vader and another jedi, I believe... I might be missssssssssstaken though... she had ysssssssssssalmari blood on her claws and they damaged the jedi dearly. More invessssssssstigation might lead to a greater underssssssssstanding. I am sssssssssure Lady Vader would know more. But yessssssss, their blood can be ussssssssed against us. Conssssssssssider it one of your greatesssssssst threats next to a physically or mentally caussssssssssssssed mortal blow.

Oolana Taine
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:55:16 PM
Oolana shuddered, and tried not to think of the possibilities or consequences of such an attack.

Southstar
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:27:39 AM
Listening to Odin speak of the battle using ysalmari blood as an advantage Southstar began to ponder the possibilities using this newfound knowledge. "Where might someone get ysalmari blood, Odin?"

Warlock
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:28:00 AM
“From a ysalmari’s dead body, I would wager,” the Warlock chuckled.

“It’s not something to be tampered in, though, I would say. By using it you risk infecting yourself…”

Oolana Taine
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:50:12 AM
"Its a wonder the masters here don't use ysalamri for training. It would be a good way to teach the newcomers that they can't just rely on they're powers. As horrible as they are, ysalamri could actually be quite useful."

Odin Murk
Jun 8th, 2003, 02:01:19 AM
:: my tongue flicked in and out as I listened to the conversation.::

Yessssssssss, risssssssssking infection is one thing to watch for. I do not suggessssssssssssst any of you apprenticessssssss trying ssssssuch a weapon yet. An acccccccccident could mean permanent losssssssss or damage to your forcccccce capabilities. And that is not a bad suggessssssssssstion, I might conssssssider talking to the massssssssters of ysalmari training. That could prove very ussssssssseful. What would some forcccccccce userssssss do when their ability to tap the forcccccce is disabled?

Southstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:26:51 AM
Southstar listened in and considered the possibilities of using ysalimari blood in one of his "basic training" exercises. He was going to be a knight soon and able to take on an apprentice. Again, ysalimari could be useful in training.

Oolana Taine
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:43:03 PM
"That would be an interesting mission, collecting ysalamri. It could be made more interesting by the addition of obstacles and trials by other masters and knights."

As much as the touch of ysalamri made her shudder, she was actually growing used to the idea of using the creatures for her own advantage. Oolana too would soon be allowed an apprentice and working with the creatures seemed greatly beneficial.