PDA

View Full Version : Oh.....................god

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 06:46:01 AM
http://www.kungfucinema.com/news/2003-05-19-02.htm

imported_Arriana Rezner
May 19th, 2003, 06:50:41 AM
I wonder who he'll play :D (hopefully Ken!)

I'm not sure whether to :lol or :cry

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 06:53:08 AM
He can play Ken, he can play Barbie, doesn't matter, this is possibly the scariest idea ever! :)

imported_Arriana Rezner
May 19th, 2003, 06:54:15 AM
:lol!

I can't believe they would make a second SF movie after the first one was such a flop. Maybe Kylie Minogue will return to our screens as Cammy again (not likey :lol)

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 06:57:05 AM
The world needs to hear her accent again :)

Oriadin
May 19th, 2003, 07:28:15 AM
Sounds like a Dumb and Dumberer follow up to me...

Droo
May 19th, 2003, 07:35:02 AM
I'll probably watch it nevertheless. I enjoyed the first film all those years ago. It's already oozing cheese but what the hell.

JMK
May 19th, 2003, 08:15:38 AM
It definetly makes me want to cry my eyeballs out.

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2003, 11:13:11 AM
Oh the humanity why are they making a sequel to one of the worst video game adaptaions ever? And to top it off have the two of the worst actors in it? I defintely will not be seeing this movie.

Zeke
May 19th, 2003, 01:42:13 PM
Street Fighter is such an awesome video game series, why spoil it with a second rate movie? Jeez.

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2003, 01:47:10 PM
Because they're so cheesy they're funny

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 01:48:56 PM
Only good part was when Zangief said "Quick, change the channel!" :)

Droo
May 19th, 2003, 01:55:28 PM
:lol! I remember that.

sirdizzy
May 19th, 2003, 02:25:24 PM
they are relasing a mortal combat 3 later this year as well

when will they learn video games make crappy movies

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 02:35:15 PM
Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider were good.

Zeke
May 19th, 2003, 03:26:07 PM
The FIRST Mortal Kombat movie was good. The sequel sucked...it was just a display of how many characters could they shove into the movie.

Moltar
May 19th, 2003, 04:08:26 PM
But whos going to play Bison???

:(

Darth007
May 19th, 2003, 06:19:03 PM
Good Video Game Movies
Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider

God awful Video Game Movies
MK2
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 06:25:41 PM
Resident Evil was fine, tis true.

Darth007
May 19th, 2003, 06:27:49 PM
I heard rumors about a sequal, and then I think I heard confirmations sometime back, I hope its true. The 2nd is supposed to take off where the first video game started. That would be so much better.

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 06:33:41 PM
Think it is being filmed as we speak. New director.

Darth007
May 19th, 2003, 06:40:57 PM
Cool. New director though? Hope he doesnt screw it up. The other one, dont remember the name, did RE and MK1, which explains why both were good.

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 06:45:59 PM
something Anderson. Paul? Might be.

The new one worked on the one before.

Darth007
May 19th, 2003, 07:17:13 PM
Mr. Anderson, thats it. :p

Oh ok, then it should turn out alright

Pierce Tondry
May 19th, 2003, 08:04:06 PM
Hey, hey, HEY! Super Mario Bros. was a great movie for kids.

Darth007
May 19th, 2003, 08:10:58 PM
are we talking about the same movie? lol it was horrible for kids. I watched it when I was 5 or something, and it scared me away from mario for some time.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 19th, 2003, 11:56:29 PM
Resident Evil blew, and I never saw Tomb Raider.

And, I think I'll rent this one, sometime when I can't find anything else. Dolph Lundgren is a better actor than he's given credit for, I like him. He was the bomb in Masters of the Universe.

Sage Hazzard
May 20th, 2003, 12:41:27 AM
I actually really liked Super Mario Bros. :lol I was a wee lil' tyke back then though. :lol Boy, Princess Toadstool was a cutie though. It was odd she ended up with Luigi though...

Seteth Morters
May 20th, 2003, 01:23:28 AM
I got a slight fixation with the Resident Evil movie.... It was excellent. Nice to see a film that didn't pretend to be anything other than what it was - mindless fun, zombie-splattered gore-fest.

I loved it.

sirdizzy
May 20th, 2003, 01:55:22 AM
yea there is going to be a resident evil: nemisis

i guess i shouldn't say all video games movies suck becaues i own resident evil and tomb raider on dvd

ReaperFett
May 20th, 2003, 06:44:01 AM
They suck if they keep to a game story :)

JediBoricua
May 20th, 2003, 09:52:58 AM
Tomb Raider good?????????????????

U must be crazy, and the idea of a sequel makes my stomach revolt!

Droo
May 20th, 2003, 10:03:46 AM
I really enjoyed Tomb Raider, I saw the trailer for the second film when I went to see X2 except there was one thing I didn't like: Lara and some guy have to make this jump and as they fell and looked like they were about ot open a parachute they open their arms and legs and glide with flaps. I thought it looked daft.

I've enjoyed all video game adaptions, probably simply because they are based on a video game, Super Mario Bros. was a great film. It was so different from anything I had expected from a Mario Bros. film, a bit gritty actually. If I saw it today I'd probably cringe but it's still a fun film and that's all that matters to me and it's all you can really expect from a video game adaption. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see American McGee's Alice on the big screen, Milla Jovovich is also said to be playing Alice too.

Dasquian Belargic
May 20th, 2003, 10:14:43 AM
Originally posted by Seteth Morters
I got a slight fixation with the Resident Evil movie.... It was excellent. Nice to see a film that didn't pretend to be anything other than what it was - mindless fun, zombie-splattered gore-fest.

I loved it.

No it did pretend, it NEVER SAID ZOMBIES. :rolleyes

ReaperFett
May 20th, 2003, 10:30:35 AM
There were some big problems with the film though. For example, how come the special forces unit NEVER aimed for the head? I mean jeez, "They wont stop when we shoot them! Aim for their bodies some more!"? ANd how come when they first met the Zombies, they managed to fall bag, where all the ZOmbies that had been there had dissapeared? And what was the point of having an antidote, when it is needless in the grand scheme of things?

Oh, and the tongue SFX thingie sucked eggs :)

Vega Van-Derveld
May 20th, 2003, 10:32:19 AM
http://masterninja.com/reviews/?movie=resevil

Masterninja sums it up for me :D

Seteth Morters
May 20th, 2003, 12:55:01 PM
well, I watched it as a zombie movie, and loved every minute of it. Also, I'm a deranged fangirl. :)

JMK
May 20th, 2003, 01:19:57 PM
Oh, and the tongue SFX thingie sucked eggs
That thing sucked alot more than just eggs. It was horrid. :x

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 20th, 2003, 02:02:34 PM
Okay, the not aiming for the head thing was bad, but what about the Tunnel 'O Lasers? I mean, these green lasers can cut through anything, even kabar knives, but seem to find it impossible to cut through the other side of the tube. I mean, those walls should have been cut to shreds by then.

Oh, and then there's the big "computer key" thingy. Hello, the lasers clearly should have passed through where thay set that thing in the tube, and it's only the size of a STEAMER TRUNK! But I guess these lasers just don't cut through plot devices. Yeah, that must be it.

The movie was bad on every level.

JMK
May 20th, 2003, 05:00:03 PM
lol, now that you mention it, I find it hard to disagree with that statement. Then again, what do you want from a video game adaptation?

Darth007
May 20th, 2003, 05:17:30 PM
Its funny how you guys can criticize every other movie but Star Wars.

I mean, shouldn't lightsabers continue endlessly and not just stop 1 meter from a little tube? Why do we hear the sounds of lasers in space? And the Death Star, come on. A space station the size of the moon with so much friggin security and millions of personnel, and they can't stop one rascal group of people running around like a giant billboard saying "HERE I AM" and escaping in a clunky frieghter? You're telling me a moon-sized space station doesnt have enough TIE fighters to screach after the thing? Please.

ReaperFett
May 20th, 2003, 05:25:10 PM
Darth, in SW we saw the "rascals" escaping the personel. The Spec Ops in RE managed to backtrap THROUGH the zombies, which suddenly didnt exist.

Most of the things you argue are not plot holes. WHY DIDNT SPECIALLY TRAINED OPERATIVES AIM FOR THE HEAD WHEN BODY SHOTS WERENT WORKING? Answer me that. There is no plausable explanation.

Lightsabres dont stop because theyre made using techniques we dont know. we hear sound because silent fighting is boring. TIE fighters might not be ready to chase, remembering that they dont have Hyperdrives either, so only the first lot would be any use, which we saw. All them have logical movie answers. But why SPecial Operation troopers suddenly decide to pour fire into the chest without trying the head? Unanswered. Where the hundreds of zombies dissapeared to? Unanswered. Your turn hotshot :)

Oh, and cut the generalisations. I can criticise any film when it is the subject. You may notice, this is about video game movies. WHy would I bring up Star Wars, hmmm?

Darth007
May 20th, 2003, 05:31:48 PM
They arent special ops. They are the security force for the company with nice equipment. Honestly in real life, you shoot someone and they keep moving, are you gonna be like "Yep, this is a zombie, even though they are fake." No. You're going to panic, you dont know it's weak spots. Give it a break. Oh and the lasers "destroying the plot device" would be boring too.

That's like saying the stormtroopers actually see Obi-wan and kill him, making it impossible for them to escape the tractor beam, therefore prevented the Alliance from recieving R2D2's DS plans. Sure a creative director could find another way to tell the story, but then things would most likely become out of hand and implausible, making it a worse movie.

Then, as the movie tore on, I realized that amnesia is a lazy writer device - "Erm... this part's a little tricky... hrm... eh, I'll have the characters forget stuff. Yeah, that explains it all."

sounds a lot like

Lightsabres dont stop because theyre made using techniques we dont know

The point I'm trying to prove here is that both of em are movies, they got their mistakes. Thats why pigs would need to fly for Ebert to give a movie 5 stars. I just can't take hypocrite fanboys(no one specifically) that bash every flaw they can find in a movie but when someone raises a reasonable doubt about their movie they get all defensive.

Your turn. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 20th, 2003, 05:43:26 PM
Star Wars has TONS of video games!

;)

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 20th, 2003, 11:34:43 PM
I fully agree that Star Wars has some problems, but Resident Evil was just one big, continuous error. And, in response to the panic thing about the zombies, well, my thinking aslways has been, and always weill be: If it is trying to kill me, I will shoot it in the head. Nothing works without a head. Except for cockroaches, but they are unkillable anyway.

That, and shooting those zombies in the chest or whatever else should have killed them also. Muscles need oxygen to expand and contract to make movement. You need to breathe to get oxygen into the blood. So, by shooting a million holes in the lungs, they cannot put oxygen into the blood, and muscles cannot move. So, shooting a "scientifically created" zombie in the chest should kill it.

But still, if it's the walking dead, shoot it in the head.

Jedi Master Carr
May 20th, 2003, 11:48:49 PM
It didn't in the game I think it has something to do with the brain, realize it doesn't need to breathe any more, its hard to say really why, maybe there has been some unexplained reason in the games. Also in the Night of the Living dead movies it was the same way so I think this is just an old thing that has been used since. About the laser thing, my guess is the thing stops at the end of the tunnel. Umbrella wouldn't want it to damage the thing. Still RE didn't work for me, one everybody except one died that sucked. Second I can't figure out how to put it to the continuty with the games, especially since they are bringing Valentine in the second movie, it sounds like they are combining a lot of games 2 and 3 in Nemesis, I have heard rumors the little girl Sherry will be in to and maybe some other character from RE 2.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 20th, 2003, 11:51:58 PM
All I know is that muscles require oxygen to operate--period--, and that I will not be giving six bucks to contribue to the next POS that will be Retarted Evil 2.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2003, 02:30:46 AM
Geez guys, they're just movies. This isn't life or death here, we can all agree to disagree, ok?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 21st, 2003, 02:49:49 AM
Just movies? How about just a movie that robbed me of $6.50 and an hour and a half of my life.

Heh, but, I digress, it has given me many hours of ranking on it, which have been enjoyable.

Droo
May 21st, 2003, 03:39:24 AM
What astonishes me is how people can enjoy cartoons and brush aside all their breaches of believability for the sake of enjoyment but CANNOT MANAGE TO DO THIS WITH MOVIES!!! :verymad

Everyone's a critic. :p

Bette Davis
May 21st, 2003, 03:47:15 AM
I'm not. A movie has to be very VERY bad to upset me.

Like...Battlefield Earth. Purple Rain. The Rules of Attraction. Three top place holders in the WORST MOVIES EVAR list. :p

I can suspend my disbelief for most movies. Sometimes you have to laugh at what they try to fudge over though. :)

Loki Ahmrah
May 21st, 2003, 03:54:18 AM
Worst film ever for me has got to be Super Troopers; I found it to be the most pointless, stupid and unfunny piece of trash I'd ever seen. I thought "Rules of Attraction" is meant to be pretty good. I'll have to check it out.

As far as believability goes, I don't think I've ever had much of a problem with movies when it comes to that complaint. Regardless of the film I tend to just shrug off those daft things and accept them for the sake of enjoying the picture, otherwise I wouldn't have enjoyed Starship Troopers. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2003, 04:11:13 AM
I'm sure The Rules of Attraction was meant to be pretty good. It just...wasn't. :mneh Super Troopers was slightly amusing, but not 'good.' I didn't like Starship Troopers. But then, Denise Richards is in it, and if there is one thing she is not, its believeable in any role she ever plays. :p

Oriadin
May 21st, 2003, 04:35:32 AM
I really liked Resident Evil. Sure, it has its flaws and I have to admit ive been a bit anoyed at the way some things are left unexplained but I enjoy films for what they are. Always have, always will. Saw the Core the other week. Enjoyed it, but its so far fetched its just silly. THATS when you just have to take it for what it is.

ReaperFett
May 21st, 2003, 05:47:54 AM
What astonishes me is how people can enjoy cartoons and brush aside all their breaches of believability for the sake of enjoyment but CANNOT MANAGE TO DO THIS WITH MOVIES!!!
No, because it is bad writing. Instead of walking through an area where hundreds of Zombies just dissapeared, why not find a side door? Or the headhsot problem, why not have the Zombie weakness someplace else?

It is BAD WRITING. If I wrote a story, and my hero was trapped by gangsters, and then the next scene we see him walking out the room, wouldnt you complain?

Darth007
May 21st, 2003, 12:39:17 PM
Geez guys, they're just movies. This isn't life or death here, we can all agree to disagree, ok?

lol yeah but i love arguing for the sake of a good debate