PDA

View Full Version : Hitler: Rise of Evil

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2003, 11:51:38 AM
This is the new historical film dealing with Hitler's rise to power, it comes on CBS tonight at 9PM. It looks very good and critics have been giving it good notices. From what I can tell it doesn't make Hitler look good at all but a monster. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

CMJ
May 18th, 2003, 11:53:23 AM
Yeah, I was planning on watching it as well.

Dutchy
May 18th, 2003, 02:00:10 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
From what I can tell it doesn't make Hitler look good at all but a monster.

And that's an historical new insight?

Pierce Tondry
May 18th, 2003, 03:02:25 PM
I am curious as to how much of an accurate reflection this Hitler will be of his personality and personal history.

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2003, 04:31:45 PM
Well I brought that up because people were thinking they were going to make Hitler look like some complex character and sympathize with him. But that is not the way they are going.

Taylor Millard
May 18th, 2003, 05:20:38 PM
Hmm this sounds almost tempting to watch. I just might

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2003, 07:22:05 PM
Hitler was a vegetarian painter. I think this explains everything. ;)

"...I cannot get ze trees right....ach I vill keel every-von in zee vorld!!"

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2003, 08:19:06 PM
He didn't smoke nor drink not sure what that means though.

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2003, 01:01:28 AM
I saw part one, it was very good, IMO. Caryle was intense as Hitler he did a great job could get an emmy out of that performance. It was also historical accurate, IMO (considering it only has two hours to tell the story) I think they took some fictional liberties but they were good, IMO. I am wondering how Part two plays out I am curious how O'Toole will do as the incompentent Hindenburg.

Dae Jinn
May 19th, 2003, 01:04:21 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Hitler was a vegetarian painter. I think this explains everything. ;)

"...I cannot get ze trees right....ach I vill keel every-von in zee vorld!!"

I always heard he only had one testical. I think that wuold bug any guy :lol

Darth Viscera
May 19th, 2003, 08:10:55 AM
Was his father raping him at the beginning of the movie, or spanking him? I couldn't tell.

CMJ
May 19th, 2003, 09:02:09 AM
Spanking.

I thought it was really good for a TV flick. Very well acted I thought.

JMK
May 19th, 2003, 10:19:39 AM
I'll be taking a flyer on this one. I'm going for Cybill Shepherd playing the role of the one and only Martha Stewart in "Martha Inc."

:rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2003, 11:11:23 AM
LOL Kyle. I am not sure about the whole father thing, it did look like there may have been some abuse going on the mother looked to have had bruises on her face and there was a cut on Hitler's face. Also did she call him uncle? I didn't realize that Hitler's father was his great uncle?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
May 19th, 2003, 09:39:58 PM
I had somewhere to be tonight so I didnt get the chance to watch it :(

I have been watching some of the History Channel's documentaries on him, though. Interesting, some of it :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2003, 10:19:51 PM
The movie to me is interesting because you see how a nobody went to becoming the most powerful person in Europe. It is also scary seeing how he was able to win over an audience.

CMJ
May 21st, 2003, 12:05:08 AM
Part II was really good too. That was a great TV mini series.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2003, 02:28:38 AM
Seabiscuit!

mebbe?

*scampers out of thread after derailing topic*

Darth Viscera
May 21st, 2003, 07:52:44 AM
I hate Hitler even more after seeing the 2nd part.

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2003, 12:09:53 AM
I finally watched part 2 I had to tape it in order to watch my 24. I agree Part 2 was well done. But I have one complaint where was Himmler? He was the archetech of the SS and was really the one who pushed Rohm out he convinced Hitler to have killed, plus he was third in command I was surprised not to see him.

Charley
May 22nd, 2003, 04:59:21 AM
I didn't get to see this, but I am interested in it, if I ever get the opportunity. As for the SA vs SS issue, if they did indeed include the Night of the Long Knives, they could get away without including Himmler. Hitler's paranoia was the driving factor in that. He often had more than 1 person or department competing for the same job, and the fights could often get ugly by themselves. However, I've not seen it, so I can't say anything else on the issue.

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2003, 12:03:56 PM
Yeah they showed knight of the long knives that was a neat part and did show the paranoia. Really I think they ran out of time it is hard to show everything in 4 hours it should have been 3 parts to include things like the forming of the SS and stuff like that. Also does anybody know anything about Hitler's niece? They seemed to imply that Hitler had something for her, it never showed him messing with her except he kissed her on the lips once but I was curious how much truth there is into that or if it is just speculation.