PDA

View Full Version : Two Part Thread - Apology and RP SPAM

Telan Desaria
May 18th, 2003, 09:07:32 AM
Section I

I know the following may sound juvenile and somewhat school yard in its appearence, but I think it the right and proper thing to do.

Josh, aka Admiral Lei Lebron, is among the best online friends I have. Together we have roed many times in three different galaxies and though he exists to me as lines of text on a screen and the occassional jpeg, I feel I could trust him with anything. As such, I would like to note the unfortunate OOC treatment he has received of late. This treatment has been in the worst spirits of this forum and have made him consider leaving us. To do so would be a loss. No one can play a deranged warlond so well.

On behalf of those who feel as I do, I would like to extend my formal apologies on our behalf and beseech you to stay, Lei.

I do not know to what he intimated when he told he things, but if anyt hing said would make someone feel unwanted, than I deplore the incident regarldess of conext and nature.

The purpose of rping, and I my be mistaken, is to leave reality. To escape our sometimes mundane and oft dreary lives. In doing so we have brought life to galaxy replete with evil and good, light and darkness, composed of characters and species and governments of every form and shape imagineable. They all coexist, sometimes peacefully, sometimes in war, but to us, they exist as extensions of our minds and imaginations. Here our thoughts turn to action, and our action to enjoyment - both ours and our readers.

In this vast universe we have though up and expanded from the mind of one to thousands, these different species exist together. We have made to each his own brand an extension of what we would want, what we would life to cease imagining and begin seeing,. I believe those true to intangible things: equality, fairness, dearths of hatred and pain, lives with purpose. lives without horrible cares.

If we would wish this on beings of our design that they be treated as equals and without bitterness due to their ancestry and what not, how dare we do it amongst ourselves more under our own cyber imagines than the guise of our characters!

Here we have participants from the British Empire, colonial regions of Australia, the Americas, Her Majesty's republic of Canada, Grossdeutschland, and many others. Among our ranks are women, children, the old and young, the strong and weak, the normal and abnormal, tall and short, the coloured and the pale, the Orient and the West, the quasi-type and gay, the experienced and the new. Yet we all manage to convey our ideas through story.

Perhaps I have mistaken the ethos through which this board runs. I hope I have not. Here is a haven for all to be free of the constraints of reality. No one, in such a providential atompshere as boundless imagination, should feel unwelcome or unwanted.

-Matthias

Topic II

- Advertisement for an RP

I would invite you all to read the Cat and Mouse series of threads where happenings both inside and outside of the Imperial Sovereignty will grow intense, dark, and turbulent. From a plot against the life of Grand Admiral Desaria, to a classified and secret colonization of Wild Space, to an assault on the New Republic, to the hunting of a rogue, many plots will be revealed.

Enjoy.

- Note - Permission secured from Michael Gue to use, NPC his character Lord Michael Gue in one of my storylines, and kill it off. This agreement was reached between usover AIM and anyone is free to contact him and confirm it.

Darth Viscera
May 18th, 2003, 09:56:38 AM
heh. you called marcus a colonist :lol
It's a commonwealth, like with Puerto Rico.

Telan Desaria
May 19th, 2003, 03:11:31 PM
At least Visc reads my posts

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2003, 03:17:43 PM
Telan went back in time!

Telan Desaria
May 19th, 2003, 03:18:27 PM
how?

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2003, 03:19:54 PM
*points at his avatar*

Tarkin gone ... *poof*

Telan Desaria
May 19th, 2003, 03:26:14 PM
ah, yes. I have a really neato sig, too, but I can't get it to work. Sil made it form me and gave me the URL, but I can't figure out where to put it so it will work.

Zeke
May 19th, 2003, 03:29:15 PM
Put it in the signature field under your profile. It goes like (center)(img src="SIG URL HERE")(/center). Just do < in place of ( and > in place of ).

Telan Desaria
May 19th, 2003, 04:04:58 PM
Thank you....hijack finished. Does anyone really care that I post things OOC???

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2003, 04:11:54 PM
I read t, I just have nothing to say.

Telan Desaria
May 19th, 2003, 04:22:24 PM
ah. I give up

Sean Piett
May 19th, 2003, 08:58:23 PM
I think it's a general shame that Lebron left. I'd be glad if he came back.

Navaria Tarkin
May 20th, 2003, 04:18:51 PM
on another note ...

- Note - Permission secured from Michael Gue to use, NPC his character Lord Michael Gue in one of my storylines, and kill it off. This agreement was reached between usover AIM and anyone is free to contact him and confirm it.

I have talked to Gue personally and so far the answer is no ... this should not be played out until Telan discusses it more with him.

Thanks

Telan Desaria
May 20th, 2003, 04:36:53 PM
I was not thusly informed of his change of heart. As of the posting of this message, I have edited it out of my Cat and Mouse storyline.

Navaria Tarkin
May 20th, 2003, 04:37:42 PM
There was no change of heart ... he told me what happened in the AIM convo you had and he never said yes. If you want to talk about this more, PM me