PDA

View Full Version : Enter The Matrix

Zasz Grimm
May 17th, 2003, 05:11:03 PM
Appears to be an excellent game and it carries stuff in it that we don't see in the movie.

Anyone played it yet? I am trying to get the money to go and buy it for my PC.

Morgan Evanar
May 17th, 2003, 06:36:57 PM
Appears to be an excellent game and it carries stuff in it that we don't see in the movie.

Anyone played it yet? I am trying to get the money to go and buy it for my PC. New PC first.

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2003, 10:00:27 PM
In the process of playing it...

It's not bad... the gameplay itself is nothing special... it's kind of like GTA 3, except that hand-to-hand combat is by far the most fun aspect of the game... bullet-time kung-fu smackdown and all that fun stuff. Weapons combat is okay... driving portions of the game kind of suck, IMO.

The "Hack the Matrix" feature took me all of an hour to figure out, I think it was meant to take longer... although, you can come back to it and view extra goodies and stuff as the game progresses... storyboard art, cut scenes, etc... it was still somewhat entertaining.

Speaking of cut scenes... best part of the game, by far. One gets to, literally, watching parts of The Matrix Reloaded from a difference perspective (the game centers around Niobe and Ghost). Fun background stuff, like expanding upon what happened to the Osiris, the big captain's meeting at which they discuss the threat to Zion, etc...

Personally... I really don't care about the gameplay that much... I rented it so I can play it to see the story aspects. So, really have no qualms about "hacking" in cheats and stuff to move the game along easier.

I guess in short... it's okay. I doubt I'll ever buy it though.

ReaperFett
May 18th, 2003, 11:39:39 AM
I'm going to get it, but I think it is stupid how the game helps explain the film ("Until you play the game, you havent seen it all!" or similar says the website). This to me is just a clever way to cashin on the movie. They could do a game that follows the film easily. But no, it has to help explain the film? That just doesnt seem fair.

Imagine the uproar if Lucas did that.

Morgan Evanar
May 18th, 2003, 12:17:54 PM
I'm going to get it, but I think it is stupid how the game helps explain the film ("Until you play the game, you havent seen it all!" or similar says the website). This to me is just a clever way to cashin on the movie. They could do a game that follows the film easily. But no, it has to help explain the film? That just doesnt seem fair.

Imagine the uproar if Lucas did that. What. Lucas is a moneygrubbing cashcow wrangler, its not news. I'd be GLAD if that was the case. Some original content, Tapdacing Almighty, would you please!

Darth Viscera
May 19th, 2003, 11:49:38 AM
I played the game for about 6 seconds, then stopped. Way too hectic and fast paced, like the PC LOTR game. This thing'll give me a heart attack.

Sean Piett
May 19th, 2003, 12:09:04 PM
Way too much bullet time. The novelty goes away after you use it twice.

Gurney Devries
May 19th, 2003, 03:05:02 PM
I try to only use the bullet-time when I absolutely have to. And I don't like using the weapons at all. I just go around and beat up people. Wash, Rine, Repeat. Kind of reminds me of Oni, actually.

Darth Viscera
May 20th, 2003, 12:32:47 PM
my player is by default running ALL THE TIME, and I have to use the nonsensical controls to try and get him to stop so i can punch people. I would have thought that playing a character from the Matrix would be a tad more graceful.

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2003, 05:42:15 PM
Kind of reminds me of Oni, actually. Oooooh. I need to play this then.

Charley
May 25th, 2003, 03:06:14 PM
This game is digital eyecandy sextravaganza. I am in love.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2003, 03:07:22 PM
They had an Xbox in the cinema when we went to see Reloaded, with this playing, and it was pretty cool. Cart-wheeling, machine-gunning fun :)

Darth007
May 25th, 2003, 03:53:31 PM
for what platform do you guys recommend it?

I own gamecube and will probably rent it a few times, however I am borrowing someone's xbox too, and I could always buy it for the PC but thats unlikely.

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2003, 04:43:45 PM
If you remove the driving sections and the constant "cover me" parts, this was more fun than Max Payne, IMO.

Droo
May 25th, 2003, 08:29:43 PM
It feels a bit like the Spiderman movie-based game to me. I've got it for two nights on rental but it's nothing more than novelty so far. Not a scratch on Max Payne as far as I'm concerned.

Charley
May 25th, 2003, 09:24:11 PM
I prefer Max Payne, just for the awesome noir rockitude, but this is definitely a fun game.

Figrin D'an
May 25th, 2003, 10:23:44 PM
It was worth the rental, IMO, but I would never buy it. I completely agree that the driving parts sucked... they were boring, and other than the freeway chase that actually appears in the film, they seemed unnecessary. The final levels were lame as well.

The rest of the game was pretty good. Doing bullet-time cartwheels while firing various automatic weapons is way too much fun. :)

Gurney Devries
May 26th, 2003, 01:54:19 AM
I found that the bullet-time was implemented more poorly than in Max Payne. In MP, I could slow everything down, dive, line up a shot and place a few really nice shots. In Enter the Matrix, it just seems to help me take less damage when there's a group of peope firing at me. I much prefer doing all the Kung-Fu in real time.

I think the general consensus is that the X-Box version is the best one. The PC version is very, very buggy and should probably be avoided.

ReaperFett
May 26th, 2003, 05:51:21 AM
I got through both players without a crash or bug, bar ALT-TAB screwups, but might be my comp being new.

Charley
May 26th, 2003, 11:12:36 AM
I experienced it on X-Box. I will avoid the PC version until I hear otherwise.

JMK
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:20:37 PM
I like Enter the Matrix so far, but damn it's way too dark in some levels. I get that they are underground but that's overkill! Still, running on walls and cartwheels etc are really cool to execute.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:37:03 PM
The controls on the X-box were a bit hard to get used to - I kept going into bullet-time by accident, while running.

t's way too dark in some levels.

amen.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:47:10 PM
I played in it X-box and beat the game in like 4 or 5 days, I think its too short IMO, and its hard to play on the X-box controller (bottons are all weird) but the bullet time was awsome, I never played max payne but I've watched my brother play it and it was cool

I think the gun part was lame IMO the fighting was the whole game if you ask me....

Pierce Tondry
Jun 14th, 2003, 05:13:54 PM
My brother mowed through both scenarios in about two days (attending school both days). I watched some of it and found it to be like an upgrade to the old Shadowrun game for the Genesis, I think it was.

Charley
Jun 15th, 2003, 07:44:38 PM
Too dark? What? Turn your lights off in your room like you're supposed to, people.

I beat the game in a day. Much fun. And to be honest, I'm becoming a fan of the X-box controller. There's something that just clicks for me.