PDA

View Full Version : Late night dining (open)

Sol Invictus
May 17th, 2003, 03:52:42 PM
It's late into the evening. The sun has set, but the Bar and Grill is hardly empty. Patrons still sit and chat at their tables, nursing their glasses and picking at their food. Sol is doing none of this, choosing a corner booth to observe the goings on of the establishment. Jedi roam freely here, standing out like sore thumbs, especially the Knights and Masters who wear their weaponry about. Sol had to leave his slugthrower with the guards, though it doesn't really bother him.

"What a strange rule for a Bar...no weapons save for the guards and Jedi. Are they so afraid of being raided? Or are their Jedi warriors not enough to take out rabble rousers and angry drunkards?"

TieFighterPilot181st
May 19th, 2003, 07:16:55 PM
Tie walked up and heard what the ma said and laughed. he walked up to the table and said to the man, "I think they're just thining what would happned if all the drunkards had blasters with them and if they got into an argument. Do you mind if i join you?"

Sol Invictus
May 19th, 2003, 09:06:08 PM
Sol scoots a chair out with the heel of his boot in reply to Tie's question.

"But, being all powerful Jedi, a few men with guns should be no threat."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 20th, 2003, 09:44:07 AM
"Very true," Tie assented as he answered Sol's question. Tie took teh offered chair and ordered a nerf steak from the serving droid. "I dont really know much about the Jedi though, I'm just a pilot in the StarFighter Corps. What do you do for a living?"

Sol Invictus
May 20th, 2003, 10:35:11 AM
Sol can't help but chuckle at his use of words. For a living he said.

"One could say that I'm an eternal student...always learning new things."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 20th, 2003, 04:13:34 PM
"Sounds interesting. I was like that at one point of my life but i decided to settle down. So you lead a very active life i presume?" Tie's ner steak arrived and Tie took a chunk of the meat and popped it into his mouth and washed it down with a tumbler of Corellian Whisky.

Sol Invictus
May 20th, 2003, 07:58:46 PM
"I...suppose. I've always learned best with a sort of hands-on approach."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 20th, 2003, 09:32:38 PM
Tie chuckled remembered being the exact same way just a few months ago." yeah sometimes thats just the best way to do things."

Sol Invictus
May 20th, 2003, 10:20:23 PM
"Especially..." Sol says with a smirk, eyeing a passing waitress, "...when ladies are involved."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 21st, 2003, 04:31:03 PM
"Wise words from a wise man. So you just freelance for a living? What kinda ship do u have?"

Sol Invictus
May 21st, 2003, 08:59:54 PM
"I don't own a ship."

What brought this onto this man's mind? Sol doesn't recall having mentioned it.

"Why do you ask?"

TieFighterPilot181st
May 22nd, 2003, 03:35:45 PM
"Just wondering. Then how do you get around or do you just stay here on Coruscant?"

Sol Invictus
May 22nd, 2003, 04:28:38 PM
"A man can find reasonable fare to travel on cruise ships and other transport. I came here on a ship called the Happy Child, which specializes foremost in transporting goods, but also carries passengers on the side."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 22nd, 2003, 07:01:31 PM
"Ohh thats true. I'm a fighter pilot so i fly my own modified TIE Interceptor i took with me when i deserted from the Imperial Nav.

Sol Invictus
May 23rd, 2003, 07:45:19 AM
"A TIE Interceptor...the fastest ship in the TIE series, am I correct?"

Starships are a weakness in Sol's knowledge, so Tie suddenly has his undivided attention.

"Four lasers, if I'm not mistaken...is your hyperdrive equipped? I hear that some are."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 23rd, 2003, 03:51:05 PM
"Yes, it is. Actually i have some heavy modifications on it. Four turbocharged laser cannons, a concussion missile launcher with 4 missiles, a hyperdrive, sheilds, and a light turbolaser, a small ion cannon and an astromech that acts as the gunner for the astromech. I tweaked the engines so that its still as fast despite the modifications."

Sol Invictus
May 24th, 2003, 11:10:26 PM
"I imagine that would take an incredible amount of skill and knowledge to manage that..." Sol says.

His tone is impressed, but inside, he's grimacing with disgust. So many unnecessary modifications? It sounds like just another young'un being "cool"...

TieFighterPilot181st
May 25th, 2003, 03:50:38 PM
"Yes, it does. I know it souds a little excessive but trust me when the Imperials have a death mark on you for desertion you can't be too safe. Anyways it because of that i survived the early part of the Rebellion when i was running missions for them."

Sol Invictus
May 25th, 2003, 10:39:13 PM
"Aha. You were a double agent. Not something I'd spread around or speak lightly of in public...there may be hitmen in this very bar."

TieFighterPilot181st
May 27th, 2003, 04:53:33 PM
"That is true, but I think I can take care of myself in a fight. What did you do during the war?"