PDA

View Full Version : Notice.

TheHolo.Net
May 15th, 2003, 03:34:44 PM
I am certain most with access to this forum have seen the closed topic started by Tatiana contained herein.

Regrettably I must now inform all of the staff of the group forums that the argument did not cease there as it should have after closure. It was continued in PM between Tatiana and several staff members, myself included. When asked several times to not carry on the discussion any further via PM, the request was vehemently ignored and flames ensued.

The staff has been left with no choice but to remove her access from these forums for blatant disregard for the authority of the staff of these forums.

This is not the desired outcome of what really should have been a minor issue with a quick and painless resolution, but it is our only course of action due to stubbornness and a continued low regard for how these forums are operated. So much so that it was obvious that her presence here was no longer an enjoyable one for her or those she was butting heads with.

The User Agreement is a very important aspect of utilizing these forums and cannot be dismissed as never having been agreed to by any user of these forums, whether they be a contributor financially or not. Every single user here is presented with that agreement before they even create an account here and at that time are provided the opportunity to accept the agreement and join or to hit back and go on their way in other endeavors.

If one refuses to respect that agreement, than its painfully obvious they either didn't care or believe they are above the rules, which no one who uses our service is.

Tatiana and her aliases have been banned from these forums as of today.

TheHolo.Net
May 16th, 2003, 01:07:09 PM
Okay, this situation has evolved from what it was yesterday in a way that this does not communicate.
The staff has been left with no choice but to remove her access from these forums for blatant disregard for the authority of the staff of these forums.This was the biggest problem that the staff had with Tatiana, and my biggest problem was the fact that she was not hearing what our staff was saying to her. It was being ignored and returned with flames and insults.

Originally this was intended to only be a temporary disciplinary action, but the absence of any admission of wrongdoing at the time made me leave that part out so that the disciplinary action that did occur would seem as severe as possible, in hopes that it would break down the barrier in communication with its severity.

That has occurred and communication is now at a point where it is really a two way street, and with the occurrence of that, I can now announce that it has been decided to make this ban one of non-permanence and one of only a temporary nature. As of this coming Monday, Tatiana’s ban will be lifted. She will, at that time, have the opportunity to choose on her own whether or not she wishes to continue to be a part of this community.

I will be updating the current OOC announcement soon to include this change.

Morgan Evanar
May 16th, 2003, 01:22:55 PM
I'm not privy to the logs, so I can't really rule either way.

TheHolo.Net
May 16th, 2003, 01:24:53 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I'm not privy to the logs, so I can't really rule either way. Yep, I understand that and am not asking for rulings here, just trying to keep the group mods informed of the regular mods/admins activities.

AmazonBabe
May 16th, 2003, 01:39:23 PM
Thank you for informing us, Ogre. Being in the dark can be a frusterating thing.

Ryla Relvinian
May 16th, 2003, 06:03:28 PM
It's too bad that something this trivial degenerated into this, but I think your actions were correct.

DarthHERA
May 16th, 2003, 11:56:37 PM
This all just sits wrong with me.

Not so much the banning, as I dont know what transpired.

But the "Shawn" thread went from bad to worse and I feel it didnt need to.

Pierce Tondry
May 17th, 2003, 01:14:31 AM
That's as it may be, Hera.

People will not behave maturely all the time. Tempers will flare and things will be said. What defines these outbursts is not the eruption, but the resolution, of any arisen conflict. Those resolutions, in turn, define the people who create them.

Which is a fancy way of saying people reap the rewards of their own actions.

Morgan Evanar
May 17th, 2003, 11:07:53 AM
:rolleyes

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2003, 11:29:18 AM
Cause and affect. Affect and Cause. The only thing we don't know is why!? Why why why why? >insert more gibber jabber<
:D

Ryla Relvinian
May 17th, 2003, 02:07:57 PM
Oh you are a screaming fangirl. :D

*Breaks out the Orgasm Cake*

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2003, 03:30:22 PM
After that cake I will be a screaming fangirl alright. :p

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2003, 04:02:25 PM
I hate to be a grammar nazi, but it's "effect" in this case, not"affect". "Effect" is usable as a noun. "Affect" is the verb or adverb.

To borrow Ryla's wonderful little incarnation...

The effect of the orgasm cake on Holly remains to be seen.

The orgasm cake will affect Holly in an expected manner.

*End public service annoucement.*

After that cake I will be a screaming fangirl alright.

Too late... :p

Ryla Relvinian
May 17th, 2003, 04:17:00 PM
Grammar Nazi!!! AHHH NOOOO!!! ;)

Yeah, you're right. C'mon, we can't type straight after that cake now can we? :D

And as far as I'm concerned, this (http://angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif) should be part of the user agreement. :)

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2003, 04:25:06 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Grammar Nazi!!! AHHH NOOOO!!! ;)

Yeah, you're right. C'mon, we can't type straight after that cake now can we? :D

That must have been some damn good cake to have that much of an effect.

;)

Ryla Relvinian
May 17th, 2003, 04:31:54 PM
Have you seen the movie? :)

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2003, 04:35:29 PM
Check the review thread in the Box Office forum for that answer. :)

Ryla Relvinian
May 17th, 2003, 04:37:53 PM
Aw, you mean I have to walk all the way over there???

Spoilsport. :p

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
May 17th, 2003, 05:08:46 PM
So much for Hera's attempt to say something was bothering her. Glad to see it was taken seriously.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2003, 05:35:34 PM
Originally posted by DarthHERA
This all just sits wrong with me.

Not so much the banning, as I dont know what transpired.

But the "Shawn" thread went from bad to worse and I feel it didnt need to.

Sorry for the slight hijack. Hera, the Shawn thread did get out of hand, which is why it was closed. However, things continued to degenerate after the thread closure.

I don't think anyone thought that the "Shawn" thread getting so bad was a good idea. You're not alone.

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2003, 06:18:37 PM
On that subject...

It's happened... it's over. The situation is being handled. If it bugs anyone that much, take it up with the those that you feel caused the degeneration in private. If assigning blame makes you feel better... great. Go for it. Blame me, I was a considerable factor in the discussion. It doesn't bother me one bit. I stand by every word I said. I talked to Tatiana after the thread was closed, and we came to a reasonable understanding, even though we disagreed.

Have fun flogging a dead horse.

imported_Eve
May 17th, 2003, 06:47:28 PM
Hey, she doesn't know (as she said).

Hera, wanna catch me on AIM when you see this?

DarthHERA
May 18th, 2003, 08:39:02 PM
Well, thanks for your understanding Fig :\

It took a lot for me to post that one comment because I was afraid to make things any worse. But it shouldnt be that way. Mods should be approachable, even if what a person has to say might go against the general flow. Actually, especially then.

Now, Im good friends with most the Mods here, and I think you do a great job. Usually I dont comment on stuff for that very reason.

But this really did bother me, and thats why I mentioned it. Im not looking to blame or to try to change the outcome or whatever. Guess I just wanted to be heard.

Pierce Tondry
May 18th, 2003, 09:14:11 PM
Guys... let's not have a repeat of the "Shawn" thread in this thread. There've been a lot of bad feelings floating around in the air lately, and I know I've contributed my share through poorly thought-out words and actions. The time is just ripe for something else to happen that will hurt the feelings of people who should be good friends.

Let's put the matter to bed, okay?

Hera, honestly, I feel that there was a fairly clear right and wrong side to this issue. The Admins are the ultimate authority to the board, and they should have the right to be not only direct, but even a little arrogant in laying down board policy as they see the need. Nonetheless, I will take your words to heart and see if there's something I can do with them next time something happens.

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2003, 08:51:16 AM
I don't know about being arrogant, direct yes of course, but when something wrong happens with a poster, it needs to be taken care of. Plain and simple ...

Course, I wish things didn't go the way they did but they did... and something needed to be done. Honestly, we can only learn from what occured and move on to see it doesn't happen again :)

AmazonBabe
May 19th, 2003, 11:54:41 AM
As most of you probably already figured out, I wasn't too happy with the "punishment". But then again, I'm kinda and completely one-sided to the whole affair. It's to be expected with the situation I'm in.

But, as it stands, while I wasn't happy with the outcome, and I can't change ppl's minds or point fingers or whatever, what's done is done, and it basically ends today anyways. Lessons have been learned... hopefully on both sides. So, to me, it's over.

Right now, my life is taking a wonderful turn for the better: I went to my fiance's graduation, he's finally come home and I won't have to be seperated from him for 4 months at a time, I've been offered a $50,000 a year job and they REALLY want me, I'm getting married in less than 8 months... hell, I'm too happy right now to let any of this crap weigh me down, and I'm not going to let it.

From now on, just call my Miss Happy :D (no relation to Mr. Happy :p)

Pierce Tondry
May 19th, 2003, 01:22:28 PM
Navvy: My use of the word arrogant in that sentence is a bit off from the typical definition . When an Admin says "Do X" a poster must comply. They are the board's ultimate authority, and sometimes asserting that authority means saying something like "Hey, I'm the Admin, do what I say or else."

Rie: It's good things are going well for you.

Shawn
May 19th, 2003, 03:19:45 PM
It took a lot for me to post that one comment because I was afraid to make things any worse. But it shouldnt be that way. Mods should be approachable, even if what a person has to say might go against the general flow. Actually, especially then.I believe we are. If we weren't, the discussion would have never taken place nor gone on for as long as it did.

I'd like to clarify that the banning was not a result of what transpired in the thread, but because of what happened afterwards. I know it may have looked like a case of "What? You disagree? BANNED!". But I assure you that that's not what happened.

imported_Eve
May 19th, 2003, 05:56:49 PM
She knows. I told her. She and Fig chit-chatted as well.

This issue is ova.

SAURRON
May 20th, 2003, 12:02:43 AM
So, what was learned?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 20th, 2003, 04:09:43 AM
Don't ask questions!!!

*stuffs Saurron into a bag and steals him for backtalking the mods*

;)

SAURRON
May 20th, 2003, 01:26:38 PM
Just curious.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 20th, 2003, 03:34:09 PM
..I was just kidding.. :)

Ryla Relvinian
May 20th, 2003, 05:36:53 PM
*Throws confetti up in the air*

Whee for Rie! :D

Lady Vader
May 20th, 2003, 05:42:24 PM
:D

(Posted smiley was not meant to steer focus away from the topic... it was just a thank you to Ryla. You may now continue with original discussion. :p)

SAURRON
May 20th, 2003, 06:03:03 PM
;) LV and congrats

:D LD