PDA

View Full Version : MS Power-Point?

Xazor Elessar
May 14th, 2003, 07:12:55 PM
I have no idea how to create a powerpoint presentation and I need to before next week Thursday.

All I want to do is make a slideshow of pictures and have each of them display for about 5-7 seconds. I made my own cover page type of thing for the beginning on PS so I want to include that.

I just have no idea where to begin or what to do. :\ If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! :D

ReaperFett
May 14th, 2003, 07:16:27 PM
Make a dog walk. Or a car drive.

I learnt Powerpoint because we all used to be bored at dinner, so we'd make animations. Some of them were really funny :)

But from that, I knew how.

Xazor Elessar
May 14th, 2003, 07:19:55 PM
:huh

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 14th, 2003, 07:20:59 PM
Hmmm, First, set a theme. PP Should have a template theme on it. If you wish to change things around, use the Master Slide.
For the content, short, neat, and to the point with lots of beautiful graphs and pics to go along with it. Play to the audience.

Digging into my old memory for more info. I on AIM now, so hit me up, I might be able to walk you through the basics if you are that lost.

Xazor Elessar
May 14th, 2003, 07:25:10 PM
*wishes AIM worked*

All of my messenger services got knocked out a month or so ago because of Kazaa -- and now that doesn't even work. :( :( :(

I'll try what you said -- I'm really lost because I've never done it before. :\

ReaperFett
May 14th, 2003, 07:26:33 PM
Xazor, Powerpoint can do animations. So, do a simple one :)

Xazor Elessar
May 14th, 2003, 07:34:38 PM
I have to put in certain pics.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 14th, 2003, 07:36:46 PM
Fett, Powerpoint is not a real animation program, all you doing is showing slides at high speed.

Xazor, well, ask away and I'll try to remember how to get something done.

Xazor Elessar
May 14th, 2003, 07:43:18 PM
Okay, here is what I have to do.

This is for a project for my Chemistry class and it's worth a test grade so I have to do well.

I had to gather pictures of things that are important to me that I think represent life here on Earth. The purpose of this being that we make a powerpoint presentation with these pictures as a sort of 'message in a bottle' to life outside of our solar system (we're not really sending it off but we're doing our own version of the Voyager project basically). So I need to put these pics on there and have them up long enough for someone to look at them for more than a glance (hence the 5-7 seconds). I need to have music/sounds with this as well so I'm going to have at least two songs played throughout the presentation.

Problem is, I don't know where to begin. :\

So yeah, basically I need everything told to me because I don't even have a tutorial on the program itself. :(

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 14th, 2003, 07:57:42 PM
Ok, this is going to be slightly hard, I have not touched Power Point for about 7 months.

Step one, Create a Master Slide. All other slides will hold the same template that the Master Slide has. If you change something on the master, all others change.
Use a template (right click or somewhere in the upper bar)
Pick the one you want (all this on the Master) Then, fix the master around until you get it to your liking. Everything is vector based, close to what Adobe Illustrator uses.

If it does not work, tomarrow at College I will quickly make a PP to refresh my memory and then post all the correct steps.

ReaperFett
May 14th, 2003, 07:58:50 PM
Fett, Powerpoint is not a real animation program, all you doing is showing slides at high speed.
Yes, thanks for that Ric Olié. But how do you think I learny about all the various transactions? By having to do "Titanic: The 15 second version" or similar. Hence, it helped me. As I said :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 14th, 2003, 08:42:01 PM
Fett, did you know that the movie Titanic was based off a REAL event! Did you know that their was a real boat called the Titanic?

lol, sorry about the above post, yeah, it does sound condescending, my bad. But the way you kept going on about Animations like it was the only ability of PP kinda threw me off.

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2003, 12:02:45 PM
Xazor, if you need any help shoot me a PM...I'll probably be able to respond within an hour or two. I'm gonna see if I can make a tutorial for you...if not, I'll at least be able to answer your questions.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Btw, what version of PP are you using? I'm on an old computer with Powerpoint 97'.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 15th, 2003, 09:53:29 PM
I checked for the PP on the school's computer network. They must of taken it off when they installed PSP7f, guess they finally figured out that you don't need it for Media Design and production. I'll look in another building, like the Buisness building, they proberly have it.

As it looks right now though, I back up for Lion.

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2003, 10:36:12 PM
Alright, Dyzm...thanks, you'd probably do a better job than I would, though.

So, this just has to be a slideshow of pictures that each show for 5-7 seconds? Shouldn't be too hard.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 15th, 2003, 10:53:54 PM
I don't remember all of what I learned however you shoudl be able to create a new slideshow...start with a blank sheet. Put your first pic in the middle of the first sheet.

Add pages with single pictures on them, and then save.

You mouse click to get from page to page when you're actually showing the slideshow. Voila.

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2003, 11:11:05 PM
Or you can set it on a timer, I believe...

I'll make the tutorial in Word.

*Walks off to get his hands dirty*

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2003, 01:05:32 AM
Alright, it's done!

An exhausting 20 minutes of messing with menus and thinking up something stupid to make a Powerpoint presentation out of...but the tutorial is finished. Only text, unfortunately. If I can find some time tomorrow (shouldn't be hard...) I'll take some screenshots and upload the whole tutorial complete with images to my website...but you should be able to follow my instructions just fine.

Got any questions, comments (or praise...^_^; ), hit me a PM.

~Lion~

Link to the tutorial:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/AndyRocket/XazorPowerPoint.doc