PDA

View Full Version : mothers and daughters(open to anyone)

imported_Corin Zetith
May 14th, 2003, 06:30:09 PM
Corin's shuttle hit the landing pad with an uncerimonious thump, and the landing ramp fell to the ground. Corin strode down the ramp and realized he would have to pay fares from now on or look into purchasing a better ship. He walked out into one of the poorer parts of the city Coruscant.
He remembered how he had been raised as a spoiled brat and had more in one day than these children and there parents had in about a month. It made him sick to think that he had had so much, when these people had so little. A little girl ran out into the dirty alley, wearing a tattered dress, someone who reminded him an awful lot of his sister. The girl's mother could be heard worriedly calling from the door to their shabby apartment complex. Corin smiled at the woman and sent a thought of peace over her mind, meaning no harm, he stooped down and picked the girl up in his arms. He smiled at the pretty creation he was holding.

"Well hello there! What's your name?"

The little girl smiled back.

"My name is Nina! Who are you mister?"

Corin smiled again, the girl was no more than 4 years old, and she could talk surprisingly well for one so young.

"My name is Corin, and you, are just about the cutest thing i've ever set eyes on."

The little girl blushed and mumbled something.

"mmmmm....cuz God made me tha way!"

Corin laughed at the little girl's shyness (a lot like his own sister).

"Oh he did did he? Well, he sure did a good job!"

The mother realizing that there was no harm, smiled at the intent of the warm stranger. Corin had to put the girl down after he saw the mother smiling. The little girl ran back to her mother and hugged her while still looking at Corin.

"Goobye mister Corin!" said the girl

"Goddbye little Nina!" Corin said in a cracked voice.

The girls mother ushered her inside and tolde her it was time to get ready for bed. Nina waved one last time before retreating out of sight into the little apartment.

"You, know she normally doesn't warm up to strangers so quickly, what's more run out into the street to talk to them on a whim." said the mother

Corin walked over to the mother and started to rummage in his bag for something, he came out with a large sack full of something.

"Here! I want you to have this, don't worry i have enough to make my own way, but i want you to take these and use them to raise that little girl you have there. I want you to raise her like she should be raise, in a nice home, away from all of the dangers in a place like this. If you need any more you just ask, my name is Corin Zetith of the GJO, just contact them and ask to speak with me and i will be more than happy to help as much as possible. You have a precious little girl, all i want you to do is take this and make sure that she grows up to be a beautiful young woman, who knows what its like to live, to have joy in life. I must go now, remeber to contact me if you need anything else."

Corin's voice had cracked so much now that he could barely speak. He turned away and left the woman to realize that he had just given her almost half of his inheritance, a bank account of 5,000,000 republic credits. Corin waited til he was very far from where he had just left the woman and child and he sat down at a sidewalk table near a diner. It had hurt so much to look at that mother and her little girl, the girl who looked almost identical to his sister. He ordered a water to clear his throat and just stared blankly at the table in front of him, a small teardrop fell from his face and onto the table, his vision was blurred with saline and he didn't even realize where he was sitting anymore. he was remembering the night his mother and sister died.

Agalaria
May 15th, 2003, 08:06:09 AM
Agalaria was out for walking, exploring this section of Coruscant when she happened upon Corin who was crying. She approached him and put hand on his shoulder. Her black hair tucked behind her elven ears.

'Are you alight Mister?' she asks with a note of concern in her voice since she's not used to seeing males cry.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 15th, 2003, 09:56:11 AM
Corin snapped back from the past to the present and just faintly heard the elf woman ask him the question.
“Um………yeah. Yes, I’m fine…..I think.”
Corin looked down at the cheap plasteel table and realized he had indeed been crying. Tears had silently slid down his face to land on the table while he was remembering his family’s ruin.

Agalaria
May 15th, 2003, 02:01:16 PM
'I think I might have to disagree with that Mister. You were crying, and that alone says that somethings wrong since you weren't crying tears of joy. Do you wish to talk about it?' Agalaria asks in a gentle tone as she pull a seat up next to Corin and sits down.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 16th, 2003, 10:38:48 AM
Corin chose to ignore her question for the time being, still wiping his face with a sleeve only succeeding in making his eyes more red.

"Do you live here?"

Agalaria
May 16th, 2003, 08:49:57 PM
Agalaria shakes her head slightly.

'No, I'm afraid that I do not live here. The person that I live with refuses to come here for some reason. He keeps talking about his best student and the Jedi.' she says in a soft voice as she pulls out a soft cloth which she then proceeds to use to dry Corin's face carefully.

'My names Agalaria, and yours would be...'

imported_Corin Zetith
May 18th, 2003, 01:10:16 PM
"Corin, my name is Corin............Do you know why all of these people in this sector are so much less fortunate than the rest of the planet."

Corin let the woman wipe his face as he spoke. He was glad someone could care enough to try and help him.

Gideon Kell
May 18th, 2003, 01:29:51 PM
He wasn't one to be rude and interrupt a conversation, but Sitting there, Gideon couldn't help but answer the question.

"Because even with all it's glory and wealth. Coruscant will still have it's imperfections. All places has their share of it. It's too bad, the young ones tend to suffer more."

He softly said from behind Corin from his own table. Taking a sip of his caffinated beverage.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 19th, 2003, 02:29:32 PM
Corin shook his head back and forth slightly

"Somebody's gotta do somethin' 'bout it."

Agalaria
May 20th, 2003, 12:53:58 PM
'That is true Corin, somebody has to do something about it, but not many ppl are.' she says softly as she finishes drying Corin's face and puts the cloth away.

'But you must always remember that for every person who tries to help the poor, there is always somebody who is trying to harm the poor.

I myself do what I can to help them, but it never seems to be enough.' she continues to speak softly, her thoughts drifting to her current home and the interesting life she has there.

Gideon Kell
May 20th, 2003, 01:58:58 PM
Turning in his chair, he looked back at them as his arm rested on the chair back.

"So do I, when the situation arises on my assignments. I don't like seeing the little ones suffer at all."

He nodded and turned back to his drink.

"Yeah. Can't save the universe, and I dont pretend to try. But I can at least save one or two."

Agalaria
May 20th, 2003, 02:01:01 PM
'But why do you have to wait until you are on assignment?' she questions softly.

Gideon Kell
May 20th, 2003, 02:24:35 PM
He stared at his cup.

"Because in my line of work, assignments are when you're out in the field. That's when Im usually in the areas where the unfortunate are."

He took another sip.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 20th, 2003, 07:04:38 PM
"Yeah im gunna try and come here more often." Corin said

An image of that girl flashed into his mind.

"damnit that kid wont get outta my head!"

Agalaria
May 21st, 2003, 11:58:17 AM
Agalaria sighs slightly, trying to figure something out.

"It is believed that one a person's image remains stuck inside of your head, there is something that you are ment to do for the person." she says softly as she looks at Corin.

Gideon Kell
May 21st, 2003, 10:17:38 PM
"She is right Corin, I have a similar situation. Because of me, a little girl was orphaned. I now raise her as if she were my own to atone for what I had done."

He sighed thinking of Jadie, she was back at the ship with Syph. Probably getting into mischief. And that brought a smile to his face.

Agalaria
May 22nd, 2003, 08:05:06 AM
Agalaria nods her head in acknowledgement.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 22nd, 2003, 10:05:36 AM
Corin thought back to the girl and her mothre whom he had just given almost half his inheritance to and didnt know what to think.

"Do something? like what?"

Agalaria
May 22nd, 2003, 12:18:21 PM
"If I knew, I would tell you. Perhaps the girl is ment to be a big part of your life in your future and you need to be on good terms with her, or maybe it's something else. Only you will know though." she says quietly.

Gideon Kell
May 22nd, 2003, 12:59:58 PM
"That's right. Only you will know what to do, whether it's to be an actuall part of her life, or just an influencial part."

He turned to face them again.

"Maybe you should go back to see her. Maybe that would help."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 22nd, 2003, 02:17:45 PM
Corin shook his head

"I cant go back there, it'd be too..........."

Corin cut himself short and stared at the table again

Gideon Kell
May 22nd, 2003, 02:35:16 PM
He tried at guessing what Corin's last word wouldve been.

"Hard?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Let me tell you what is hard. Hard is raising a little girl who's father you killed. Hard is telling that little girl the truth when she is of age and seems ready to hear it."

He turned in his chair to face the two.

"You...have it easy."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 27th, 2003, 10:22:03 AM
Corin shook his head, still seeing the girl's face and remembering the night his sister had been brutally murdered, she had been no older than 4! That night it was he who had let her down it was he who had let both his mother and sister down. His father had left him with a hologram message telling him to take good care of them, and he had failed all three(mother, father and sister).

Agalaria
May 27th, 2003, 11:44:49 AM
Agalaria puts a hand on Corin's shoulder and gives it a gentle squeeze, to let him know that there are those that care to help in any way possible.

Gideon Kell
May 29th, 2003, 11:49:39 PM
He stood up and stepped over to the other table. Nodding at the Elven female, he looked at Corin.

"My name is Gideon by the way, and if it vexes you so much, I would accompany you back to the place where the girl lives. I'm sure Agalaria here would't mind coming along too right?"

He gestured to the fair female there.

"And maybe after, I will call for Jadie to be brougt here so you two can meet her. Im sure she would love that. She spends most of her time with Syph on the ship, and she needs a little leg stretching now and then. So what say you, we go visit that little girl, and then you can meet mine."