PDA

View Full Version : ... Pretty cool.

Dasquian Belargic
May 14th, 2003, 01:39:07 PM
http://www.target-earth.net/xbox/

Moltar
May 14th, 2003, 01:46:15 PM
Wow, it seems the only people who can't make the Xbox dance is Microsoft.....

Hay wait a min!

Arya Ravenwing
May 14th, 2003, 01:59:16 PM
Neato!

Sejah Haversh
May 14th, 2003, 02:27:45 PM
Wow, people sure can waste their money on useless crap...

Personally, I'd sink that money into, say, a better engine if it needs to be car related, or maybe a better home theatre if it needs to be X-Box related.

Wait a minute, if it needs to be X-Box related, I'd spend the money on a PS2 or a GC instead. Yeah, there we go....

Morgan Evanar
May 14th, 2003, 02:45:02 PM
Wait a minute, if it needs to be X-Box related, I'd spend the money on a GC instead, and never touch the horrid POS ugly renderer that is a PS2. Yeah, there we go....Fixed it for you.

Droo
May 14th, 2003, 02:50:10 PM
:lol! I have a PS2 and can vouch for that.

Sejah Haversh
May 14th, 2003, 03:01:04 PM
Yes, but, see, there are fun games on the PS2.

Zeke
May 14th, 2003, 03:34:02 PM
True. Guilty Gear X2 and Kingdom Hearts were excellent.

Sejah Haversh
May 14th, 2003, 03:46:15 PM
As is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Marcus Telcontar
May 14th, 2003, 04:50:52 PM
I'm no gamer and I even know the PS2 is junk.

And while I'm at it, what a stupid and pointless thing front of cabin entertainment systems are. It is in a car. You are supposed to drive the car. And as far as I am concerned, any distractions = dead while driving. What a pathetic waste of air that person is if they cant work that out. Your car is lethal if used wrong and this.... is definatly wrong.

In the back, yeah well.... that's different. I can see the point. In the front, not a frelling chance.

Zeke
May 14th, 2003, 05:42:03 PM
My old Sega Genesis is a POS now too, but the games are absolute gold. :) If we aren't careful the thread will be hijacked and moved to the General Gaming forum.

Dasquian Belargic
May 15th, 2003, 11:07:44 AM
Kingdom Hearts is EVIL.

Zeke
May 15th, 2003, 11:20:23 AM
Evil? Why do you say that?

Dasquian Belargic
May 15th, 2003, 11:34:13 AM
I just think Square made a terrible mistake by making it.

Zeke
May 15th, 2003, 11:37:17 AM
How? It sold marvelously well.

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2003, 11:51:12 AM
Two words: Halo 2

http://halo.bungie.net/site/halo/features/h2_screenshots02.html

I agree with Jen on the Kingdom Hearts thing, it seems like it deviates too far from what Square is good at.

Sejah Haversh
May 15th, 2003, 02:18:29 PM
Am I the only person who is not enchanted by Halo? I mean, come on, it's an FPS. Whoo-hoo.

Dasquian Belargic
May 15th, 2003, 02:19:31 PM
I don't see the attraction either, really.

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2003, 02:36:25 PM
It's good for the same reason that Splinter Cell and Deus Ex were good...it's different.

You can't walk around with an entire arsenal, the marines are actually semi-intelligent, there's a (fairly) realistic physics model, and Cortana adds a sense of immersion...not to mention Humanity is actually LOSING for once...:lol

Alpha
May 15th, 2003, 03:19:59 PM
:lol

As for K-Hearts, I think it's a good game. :) A bit more childish compared to some of the FF series (except maybe IX. :) That one has the cartoony feel too), but it has some good stuff in it too. :) Being able to beat down on Sepheroth is just a bonus. :)

Droo
May 15th, 2003, 03:33:52 PM
I think Halo is drastically over-rated and over-hyped.

Marcus Telcontar
May 15th, 2003, 05:41:59 PM
Funny, that's what I think about the PS2 :D

Alpha
May 15th, 2003, 05:50:04 PM
lol. Halo is overhyped, but not seriously. :) PS2 is worth what you pay for it. :) TGhere are some great games on it.

Gurney Devries
May 15th, 2003, 06:05:22 PM
Halo is a mediocre FPS that really has a lot in common with Unreal 2. The fact that console players get so excited about it means that they obviously haven't tried any of the better examples of the genre available on a PC.

Although, I do have to admit: It's fun to smack things with the butt of your gun.

The PS2's graphics really are ugly and the game designers try to mask it as much as possible. It's really detracting from the gameplay experience. I was playing through MGS2 again and the amount of silly motion blurring in that game is amazing. It's supposed to give the game a more cinema-esque atmosphere, but it just left me going "HELLO? I'd like to actually SEE the game." My glasses were not happy at being undermined.

Most of the good games for the PS2 have already been ported to other systems. The number of good, exclusive titles left on the PS2 is pretty small. Vice City should be out on the PC within a month or so and, if it's like GTA3, it will look and play much better.

Things worth getting a PS2 for: Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry (as overhyped as the system itself - don't spend more than $20 on it), Xenosaga. That's about all I can think of, off the top of my head.

Sanis Prent
May 16th, 2003, 12:42:02 AM
Halo is simple and fun. One of the few console games I can find myself playing regularly.

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2003, 01:18:13 AM
Thank you, Sanis...that's the other reason why it's good...no learning curve. Once you get used to the buttons (and shear enormity) of the controller, you can usually jump right into a game and hold your own.

I'm actually sure that Halo 2 will be 300% better than the first Halo. Jason Jones himself, Halo's creator, admitted that the first Halo was more of a test run than an actual game. Bungie was still getting used to the Xbox and seeing how far it could be pushed before it started lagging...really...badly...

Well, now that Xbox designers have a better idea of the platform's capabilities, we're gonna start seeing nicer looking, more fluid games. If I recall correctly, the PS2 lauched with a unanimously crappy line of games, except for a couple.

And I will admit, it is fun to beat down on Sephiroth...all I got to do was Omnislash him to death...:lol

Alpha
May 16th, 2003, 06:16:08 AM
Gurney~And then in a few months don't forget Final Fantasy X-2! :) I would also say FFXI, but that will probably be on every console, and PC too, since it's an online game.

Sanis Prent
May 16th, 2003, 09:12:24 AM
I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy. It falls into the TFJ category (Too freakin Japanese)

Gurney Devries
May 16th, 2003, 09:28:49 AM
Oh, I'll agree that games like MGS2 are "Too Freakin' Japanese", but that's part of their charm. I suppose it's like an acquired taste.

Although it's a strange concept, I'm sort of interested in FFX-2. But aside from that, the PS2's lineup is looking pretty weak. Besides Vice City and Xenosaga (which both came out recently), the last good game that came out on the PS2 was... FFX, which was back in December '01. That's an awfully long dry spell. And there doesn't seem to be very many interesting games in it's future, either.

The only games on the system I'm looking forward to are Legacy of Kain: Defiance (which will probably have a PC port, like the rest of the games in the series), Final Fantasy X-2 and... any future installments in the Xenosaga series, I guess. MGS3 looks... well, odd, to say the least. I'm not so sure I'm going to like it.

All of this is just my opinion, of course, so take it with a grain of salt.

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2003, 09:59:57 AM
Ugh, I can't believe they gave Yuna GUNS?!

And Rikku is wearing a bikini (not that I'm complaining...:D)...

Sanis Prent
May 16th, 2003, 10:03:40 AM
I HATE MGS2. If any game designers should commit hari kari, its those guys. I felt like I was watching Gundam Wing, it was so gay and convoluted. Shock and Awe.

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2003, 10:11:33 AM
God, MGS2 was horrible. I hated it. Too many blurs and other video effects to cover up terrible graphics, horrible interface, and the storyline was cheesy. Yes, the storyline has got a background, but there's so many plot twists it's like reading a really bad mystery book.

Alpha
May 16th, 2003, 09:30:20 PM
Hey, the action in it is enough to keep some of us entertained. :) Or just shooting the pigeons. :)

Lion El' Jonson
May 17th, 2003, 12:16:38 AM
...If you want action, there's plenty of other games that deliver it in spades...

Hence the category "Action" games...:lol

And shooting pidgeons gets old really fast...oh well

Dasquian Belargic
May 17th, 2003, 02:32:00 AM
Ugh, I can't believe they gave Yuna GUNS?!

Notice how her outfit is moving more towards looking like Lara's? :lol

Lion El' Jonson
May 17th, 2003, 12:48:51 PM
:lol

Marcus Telcontar
May 17th, 2003, 06:28:17 PM
Rule one of anything - the more boobs they have to show to get people's attention, the less worth it actually is.

Lion El' Jonson
May 17th, 2003, 09:58:34 PM
The epitome of Marcus' point: Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball....:lol