PDA

View Full Version : This time last year

JMK
May 14th, 2003, 08:21:36 AM
Was 2 days before the release of AotC.

All of us were salivating and dying with anticipation, so how have your impressions of the movie changed since your first viewing?

For me it's still not on the level of the Originals but I watch AotC all the time and I just find it a whole hell of a lot of fun.

Jedieb
May 14th, 2003, 09:23:44 AM
Man, has it really been a whole year? It's definitely my fav prequel so far. It's very watchable and I enjoy sharing it with my son. Though he hasn't asked to see AOTC since I introduced him to ESB. Crazy kid.....

JMK
May 14th, 2003, 11:07:58 AM
Crazy or smart?

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2003, 11:14:44 AM
AOTC is my second favorite SW movie I still like it as much when I first saw it last year.

BUFFJEDI
May 14th, 2003, 04:55:26 PM
Wow has it been that long??Just think , I was about a year ago this time doing bad things to a Female theater worker to get in to see AOTC for free:smokin Dang I was pathetic:(

well as for AOTC It's still in my book The 100% greatest film of all time that should have won every single award for the best of the best instead of getting crapped on, and on top of that it was ROBBED Gosh Darn it at the Box-office, I hate the Box -office.It's so fake.As a matter of fact I try to watch Atoc once a week,when I'm home.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 15th, 2003, 12:13:46 AM
Still think they should of cut out a bit of the love story.
But otherwise, way better then TPM and its Hyperactive happy version of Anakin.

Jedieb
May 15th, 2003, 08:24:52 AM
Crazy, like a FOX! That boy of mine is a genius!

Marcus Telcontar
May 18th, 2003, 06:55:35 AM
Gone down my appreciation has. Still better than TPM, but still there are big glaring problems and the cut scenes on the DVD still rankle me badly. The novelty of Yoda going crazy and kick butt has worn off and it looks.... * shrug *. Not so good. I suspect AOTC isnt going to survive the test of time.

Admittedly, havent watched it for a while must do so soon

JMK
May 18th, 2003, 02:50:20 PM
I kinda agree about Yoda. I was praying that he wouldn't be "a hyperactive ninja turtle flipping around everywhere" and that's exactly what I got. I was hoping for a pure duel with the force, but what can I say. I enjoyed it at first, but now the novelty has worn off and I have a bit of a hard time with it.

ReaperFett
May 18th, 2003, 02:52:26 PM
I was saying the Yoda fight wasnt that good! But did anyone listen? Noooo! ;)

Pierce Tondry
May 18th, 2003, 02:59:05 PM
I still like the Yoda fight. I've always believed that a Jedi's ability to manipulate his environment was limited anyway, and I was quite satisfied to see the lightsaber combat of the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. That is why I think the lightsaber duel was a better choice than a straight "wizard's duel".

Besides which, using the Force is supposed to be taxing on the Jedi, and Yoda is OLD! :)

CMJ
May 21st, 2003, 12:20:13 AM
My 3rd favorite SW film...better than ROTJ and way better than TPM. It has some rough spots, but this was the best SW flick since 1980.

Shadow Hunter
May 21st, 2003, 05:10:56 PM
I dont get it man. ATOC was my least favorite SW movie. I really liked TPM and most people didnt. I liked ATOC the first time I saw it but now I can't sit down and watch it.

JMK
May 21st, 2003, 07:00:21 PM
I really don't get that. It's the reverse for me, I have a much harder time with TPM than AotC.

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2003, 12:08:07 PM
I still like TPM not as much as AOTC but I can still watch it.

Jedieb
May 22nd, 2003, 04:06:47 PM
The duel has aged pretty well with me. The initial rush I felt when I saw it the first time couldn't possibly be sustained, but it's still one of my favorite SW duels.

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2003, 04:45:32 PM
Yeah I love that part still as well, I always get a rush when I first see Darth Maul standing there. I also still like Qui-Gon, he is one of my favorite SW characters.

BUFFJEDI
May 22nd, 2003, 06:58:55 PM
WHat ??Wow??? I am amazed at all the Abuse TPM and AOTC are taken in here:huh

Both films have aged VERY well with me .(need I go into how many times I have seen both?? ;) they are still the greatest.The Duel is still the most awesome fight scene I have ever seen . I guess me and Jon LB are the only true fans left:( ;) J/K

SAURRON
May 26th, 2003, 12:02:04 AM
I always get a rush when I first see Darth Maul standing there.

Yes! My favorite part of the movie. Doors open, music starts, and its on.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2003, 03:32:47 AM
The Duel of the Fates music and the doors opening...and Darth Maul! One of the best duels ever! I love that part!!

I haven't seen AotC since the...um...since last summer. I saw it 6 times in the theatre and I got so...FULL of it that I had to take a break. ^_^; Strong I am in the Force...but not that strong.

AotC is a fun movie. The novelty has ebbed away from it, yes, but I still like it lots better than TPM. Anyway I'm waiting for the third and last movie, and hopefully it'll be more content over visuals. :D

ReaperFett
May 26th, 2003, 07:16:42 AM
I dont watch either prequel much, but that's because when Im sitting around I generally am worked up about something so I just want to watch GUNFIGHTS and CAR CHASES :)

But when I do rewatch them, I find them just about as good as I remember. TPM has gone down slightly, but only because TPM was my first cinema SW moment.

Time
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:24:18 PM
Both of the prequels are great IMO. TPM had alot of story to tell and it think it was done very well. And for one reason or another each time i watch it i find Jar-Jar less irritating (strange.) And AoTC was also done very well and did a fine job of telling the story it needed to tell. Save a few less love scenes.

JediBoricua
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:49:09 PM
People please don't shoot me, but I CAN'T FIND MY TPM DVD!!! I gave my vhs away and didn't buy it when it camed bundled with the AoTC DVD, ugh. So I haven't watch TPM in a longo time, but it really does not feel like opening night.

AoTC on the other hand, I like more every day. Now that HBO is showing it every freaking night, I watch it or bits of it, everytime I see it on.

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:05:02 PM
I still have to rent AotC ^_^; I found a used copy of the OT (all 3 movies) without the added effects second-hand for $20, but I had no money to buy it :\
TPM was alright, I guess, not great and not as good as the originals IMO. I've heard AotC is way better, so I kinda want to see it.

JMK
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:13:18 AM
And you should! :)