PDA

View Full Version : ...And you wonder why our military budget is so high...

Lion El' Jonson
May 14th, 2003, 01:31:50 AM
Bear Attacks Sub

During the ICEX 2003 naval exercises near the North Pole, the American submarine Connecticut (SSN 22) poked it's sail and rudder through the ice. When an officer looked around outside via the periscope, he noted that his sub was being stalked by a hostile polar bear. The periscope cam was turned on, and these photos of a polar bear chewing on the subs rear rudder resulted. The damage was said to be minor. The SSN 22 is a Seawolf class boat, one of the navy's newest submarines. It wasn't designed as a polar bear snack, but that's how life is sometimes.

Interesting that a Polar Bear would consider something hard and metallic as food...

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=bear_sub1.htm

Arya Ravenwing
May 14th, 2003, 02:42:56 AM
:lol lmao! That's kind of funny. :)

Jimmy
May 14th, 2003, 02:44:56 AM
Well that wont do anthyting for the bears diet now ill it?

ReaperFett
May 14th, 2003, 03:30:31 AM
Hey, you need plenty of iron in a healthy diet ;)

Droo
May 14th, 2003, 05:27:15 AM
Too much iron in your blood!

That's quite funny. Maybe it was after it's Coca-Cola.

Darth Viscera
May 14th, 2003, 05:29:37 AM
Polar bears are up at 1am in the North Pole?

Jess Rellon
May 14th, 2003, 06:24:40 AM
:lol This is great stuff. :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 14th, 2003, 10:11:26 AM
Hunting never ceases when prey is about.

It would of been even funnier if the bear somehow crippled the sub

Lion El' Jonson
May 14th, 2003, 11:27:48 AM
Oh, the public would have Bush's head for that.

I can imagine the headline:

1.3 Billion Dollar Submarine Loses to Polar Bear

In an incident early this morning, the U.S.S Connecticut, a brand new Seawolf-class submarine, was sunk near the North Pole by a Polar Bear. Reports indicate the animal sunk its teeth into the rudder and disabled steering. When the vessel dove, it couldn't maneuver and promptly ran into an iceberg and sank. President George W. Bush, in a statement from his Texas ranch, said:

"Our nation will not stand for this sort of terrorist behavior! It is with great regret that I launch operation White Fur. Operation White Fur will not only wipe out those terrorist polar bears, but seek to hunt down those that would harbor these terrorist polar bears! Thank you, vote for me."

Ya, it'd go something like that...:lol

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 14th, 2003, 11:30:25 AM
:lol Operation White Fur! :lol

Thug
May 14th, 2003, 11:35:01 AM
:lol the scary part is, that probably is not far off, and that would give Bush a reason to attack Canada...

Jess Rellon
May 14th, 2003, 11:37:53 AM
:lol Why would we want to attack Canada? (no offense to those who live there. :))

Shanaria Fabool
May 14th, 2003, 11:52:36 AM
Operation White Fur will not only wipe out those terrorist polar bears, but seek to hunt down those that would harbor these terrorist polar bears!

Do you have any idea how many polar bears live in Canada!? This is why Bush would attack us IF this was what realy happend... but it didn't so we don't have to worry.

Wei Wu Wei
May 14th, 2003, 12:00:41 PM
Originally posted by Jess Rellon
:lol Why would we want to attack Canada? (no offense to those who live there. :))

How could anyone be offended by asking such a question?

Darth Viscera
May 14th, 2003, 12:04:57 PM
Originally posted by Thug
:lol the scary part is, that probably is not far off, and that would give Bush a reason to attack Canada...

I wouldn't say that too loud if I were you. Infusing that lovely $923 billion GDP into our own $10 trillion would give us a nice boost. Yummy.

According to War Plan Red, we would quickly seize the key port of Halifax; cut communication between eastern and western Canada by capturing Winnipeg; secure bridgeheads near Buffalo, Detroit, and Sault Ste. Marie; and attack Quebec overland from New England. If everything went according to plan, the U.S. military would take the Great Lakes region and St. Lawrence valley before moving on to the prairies and British Columbia.

But then, that war plan is 80 years old. I'm sure you can keep the U.S. armed forces off your kaboose by just keeping up the regular shipments of crude petroleum. Delaying Canada Day by 3 days every year wouldn't hurt either. :smokin

Sigil Roland
May 14th, 2003, 01:02:37 PM
You know your going to have a bad day when a Polar Bear starts tearing at your sub's rudder....

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 14th, 2003, 03:00:40 PM
**Shifty Eyes**

Canadian Bacon...

Darth Viscera
May 14th, 2003, 03:37:03 PM
**Shifty Eyes**

Michael Moore...

Lion El' Jonson
May 14th, 2003, 04:19:35 PM
If the US ever tried to invade Canada, we'd be stopped by one thing:

Moose

:lol

Darth Viscera
May 14th, 2003, 04:51:50 PM
Don't we have meese in the U.S.?

Sean Piett
May 14th, 2003, 04:56:28 PM
I have a mouse, so yes.

Sanis Prent
May 14th, 2003, 05:59:40 PM
I love the cutscene in Fallout, when America invaded Canada, with the two American soldiers in power armor executing Canadians in the street, and one pauses to wave "Hi Mom" for the camera. Funny stuff.

Lion El' Jonson
May 14th, 2003, 10:43:20 PM
Oh, that was golden.

To quote Red Alert 2 (for some stupid reason...)

"I know, Canada...more Moose than people up here..."-General Carville

Alright, so it's an exaggeration...:p