PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty of Love: Departure

imported_Terran Starek
May 13th, 2003, 07:30:01 PM
He had sent the message mere moments after his run in with Xazor. There he stood, at the entrance to the great Hall where the Jedi resided, with one single bag around his shoulder. It held a few things--his lightsaber, a change of clothes, some credits, and a comm device so that he had the means to communicate. There was only one thing left to do:

Tell Master Elessar.

His emotions were strong, and he wondered if Master Elessar would see the distress in him. He didn't know for sure, but he had to let his Master know that he was taking a vacation. It was a few weeks to get his head straight, and only that. Nothing more, nothing less.

So, he stood, waiting for Marcus to arrive.

Marcus Telcontar
May 14th, 2003, 12:46:17 AM
Marcus hadn't gotten any message - he hadn't been in a position to get messages for many months. But, by chance he was back at the halls of the Jedi, but not by choice - he was recovering from that fight on Harrvii. In disguise, he was a this point doing odd jobs while he recuperated. Today was gardening.

He whistled as he picked up the potted plant, put it on a cart and then stretched hs back. Hard work this was, but good at the same time. Now... where was this supposed to go? Oh yeah, library. So, off he went, pushing the cart and whistling as he did cheerfully. Up some ramps and then towards the Grand Entrance. As he approached the Great Hall, he saw someone he recognised. Usually, that wouldn't matter, but .... here was Terran Starek!

He griinned as he directed the cart and walked closer.

"Hey there Master Jedi.... going somehwere?" he called out in a changed voice.

imported_Terran Starek
May 14th, 2003, 09:43:32 AM
Terran turned his attention to the source of the voice--a gardener. Most of the staff around here was a fairly friendly breed, and he was generally very polite and kind to them. Today was a different day, though. He felt. . .different inside. He wasn't wanting to entertain random company, and he had a single, solitary goal and agenda to accomplish.

"Yes," he snapped. "Sometimes, even Jedi need a break from this place." His voice was dry and certainly not kind.

"No if you'll excuse me, I'm not really in the mood for idle chat," he offered up a fake, sarcastic smile.

Marcus Telcontar
May 17th, 2003, 05:37:09 PM
He gave the Jedi Padawan a glance, then closed his eyes, feling the ebb and flow of the Force around Terran.....

"Really. And what if I decide I want to chat, hmm? what would you do about that?" replied Marcus in a much more familiar voice.

imported_Terran Starek
May 17th, 2003, 06:30:38 PM
"Master?" He eyed the figure for a moment as the voice registered in his head. Then, seemingly, the illusion wore off before him as his mentor and near-father figure stood before him plainly. "Master Elessar. . .I didn't know." His tone was much less demeaning and much more controlled now.

"I'm glad you're here. With your schedule lately, I didn't know if my message would reach you," he replied. Or, for that matter, if it did at all. The Force had a way of making things happen, of bending and creating fate. "I really need to speak with you for a moment."

Marcus Telcontar
May 19th, 2003, 04:15:15 AM
"Message? Mate, I've been out of it since that Harrvii incident. I have not seen anyone apart from Pierce and you since then. Not even Xazor. How is she, might I ask?"

imported_Terran Starek
May 20th, 2003, 01:49:26 PM
"I. . .I don't know. You'd have to ask her." He looked at Marcus with saddened eyes--more sad than they were when Marcus first saw him. "We. . .things between us have changed." He was holding back his grief and the pain. Tears wanted to come out, because he was still touched by the emotion of what had occured.

"Xazor doesn't love me anymore." He got the words out and looked away from Marcus. "I can't explain it. . .I don't understand. . ." His anger began to take over. "But it isn't my fault. It's her call--her loss." His pride could not hide his emotion.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2003, 12:38:36 AM
"Heh? Pardon?" he said, greatly surprised. "What the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> has gone on since Harrvii? I cant find Helenias anywhere, Xazor's not about and now your laying this <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> on me? What the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> is in the water?"

imported_Terran Starek
May 30th, 2003, 12:02:11 PM
"You tell me, Master." Terran's face was upset and forlorn as he spoke. "I wish I knew what was wrong around here. But I don't. I thought everything was fine. I thought everything would be fine." He turned away.

"Of course, everything is not fine. She doesn't love me, Master Elessar. She doesn't love me--it's that simple." He brushed back tears and held in his emotion, which made his gut tremble and stew. "That being true, I'm afraid I don't know what love is."

"So I need to go. I need to get away from the Academy for a week or two." He brought his eyes back to Marcus'. "You've been like a father to me in many ways--I know at times you've considered me family. For that, I am ever grateful. I will not forget the influence that flows through my viens passed down from you. Our bond is strong." Though he spoke the truth, his voice was not rational and unstable.

"But I must take a break to reconsider myself and the things I do here. I do hope you will understand."

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2003, 07:38:30 PM
"well... yes I can understand.. but..."

Marcus threw his hands up in the air.

"I'm sorry, but this is just all a bit sudden and bewildering for me. Why did she say as she did?!?!"

imported_Terran Starek
May 31st, 2003, 03:13:56 PM
"You'll forgive me if this is difficult to talk about," he said, holding back emotion. "She. . .well. . .she said. .. " As Terran fought to find a kind and sensible way of putting what had happened, something inside of him took control. Something inside that had been unleashed since Xazor had told him the truth was becoming stronger. A dark, shadowy version of himself. He promised to never show this side of him, and had controlled it with the power of the lightside of the Force. But with his emotion and heartbreak, it had resurfaced.

"She's a liar." His tone was different--not usual of the friendly, personable, caring man he was. "She's a liar and she decieved me, Marcus." Rarely did he address his Master by his first name. His body tensed as anger coursed through him. "She doesn't care for me, so she says, and she has taken what I thought was 'love' and turned it against me as hard as she could. She loves someone else--a co-conspirator in this scheme to hurt me." He turned away, trying to regain composure. But his face grew darker and even more stoney. His eyes burned with anger. "She loves Dasquian, and they had plotted this whole time to get me out of the picture. I'm sure of it." He turned, smiling.

"But I did not fall for their prestigitation. I'm too cunning for that." He felt somewhat composed again, as color came back to his face. His body relaxed and he focused again. "I just need some time away, Master Marcus. I'm too emotional to continue with my training--I ned a break."