PDA

View Full Version : Movies we have NO desire to see this summer

BUFFJEDI
May 13th, 2003, 05:30:04 PM
We need a thread like this , Right?:D

I'll start with my Least favorite movie's that i know will suck without ever having to give them a chance.

Charlie's angels 2:Why lord ,hy Put us through Month's of Plastering those nasty trampazoids all over our T.v while we are trying to enjoy our regularly scheduled programing :mad

Matrix reloaded: why Lord ,why was not the first one bad enough for one life time? If I were to watch this I would more than likely leave the theater SMARTERO_o Need I mention that the Matrix beat out TPM for best effects in 99 and got undue credit for bullet time??

Ok the ball is rolling Sound off on what you Loathe to see, come on Speak speak

JMK
May 13th, 2003, 06:46:30 PM
Fast & Furious 2. I don't really care to see it, but something tells me I'll get sucked into seeing it.

Telan Desaria
May 13th, 2003, 07:28:23 PM
The Matrix looks interesting, but Daredevil, Ben Affleck's movie, was horrid.

darth_mcbain
May 13th, 2003, 07:33:50 PM
I agree with you 100% on Charlies Angels 2. That looks terrible. I thought the first one was terrible too...

Daddy DayCare... Not that it looks terrible, I just have no desire to see it - doesn't look like it will be one of Eddie Murphy's better ones.

Dumb and Dumberer... Don't get me wrong, I loved the first one, but it seems like a bad idea to have a prequel to this one that doesn't have Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels in it.

Dae Jinn
May 13th, 2003, 07:34:25 PM
Jeepers Creepers 2! :lol

I have yet to meet anyone who liked the original, and the fact that they're making another one makes me laugh my butt off!

Mu Satach
May 13th, 2003, 07:41:41 PM
*dances through the thread in a pair of spidey under-roos*

"Heaven...
must be missing an Angel..."

Figrin D'an
May 13th, 2003, 08:15:52 PM
Oh, this is simple...

American Wedding... the sequel to American Pie and American Pie 2.

As if the first two weren't bad enough... and sadly, I know people that will go see it and love every minute of it...

Or, maybe Freddy vs. Jason, because both of those series of films were sucktacular so long ago on their own.

JMK
May 13th, 2003, 08:48:45 PM
Unfortunately I don't think they will ever be old enough to fade from memory once and for all.

Sanis Prent
May 13th, 2003, 08:50:57 PM
2 Fast 2 Furious, hands down.

CMJ
May 13th, 2003, 08:52:22 PM
There looks to be a ton of films I don't wanna see this summer. Kinda depressing really.

Pierce Tondry
May 13th, 2003, 08:59:11 PM
Well, if you know lots of movies are gonna suck, keep your eyes out for low-publicized indie-flicks.

I'm not banking on Fast and Furious take 2, or the Hulk. They both seem a bit off to me.

Taylor Millard
May 13th, 2003, 09:19:29 PM
Fast and the Furious 2 I'm not seeing. Or Daddy Dare Care. Or Dumb and Dumbererer or whatever the hell it's called.

JediBoricua
May 13th, 2003, 09:48:19 PM
How about Bad Boys 2.

Jedi Master Carr
May 13th, 2003, 10:24:03 PM
Dumb and Dumber for me that looks like the worst movie of the year.

sirdizzy
May 13th, 2003, 11:17:48 PM
Pokemon Heroes (aka pokemon 5)- god when will the madness end wasn't 4 enough

Rugrats Go Wild- all producers of niceklodeon cartoons should be round up and killed

Legally Blonde 2- god have you seen thr trailer for this, makes me want to gouge my eyes out

S[y Kids 3 Game Over- the first one as ok, the second one was the biggest piece of trash ever

Freddy Vs Jason- i wish these movies would have died in the 80's

Jeepers Creepers 2- proof a movie doesn't have to make money or be any good to get a sequel

Scary Movie 3- i hate gross out potty humor not funny not orginal

Excorist 3 the begining- why please tell me why

dirty dancing 2 havana nights- god please kill me now for the love of all thats good and right freaking kill me now

Camdyn Fields
May 13th, 2003, 11:30:16 PM
I'm going to have to see Jason Vs Freddy simply because I'm a huge Friday the 13th fan. It looks really stupid :D :lol

ReaperFett
May 14th, 2003, 12:54:06 AM
S[y Kids 3 Game Over-
I want to see Stallone as a wierd baddie though :)

Scary Movie 3- i hate gross out potty humor not funny not orginal
It depends. This one has some good names attatched, So Im hoping its nothing like its predescesors.

Arya Ravenwing
May 14th, 2003, 02:36:00 AM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
*dances through the thread in a pair of spidey under-roos*

"Heaven...
must be missing an Angel..."

LMAO! :D

I just bought the Charlie's Angels DVD the other day.... I think 2'll be a great no-brainer type of popcorn muncher.

I'm not looking forward to 2 Fast 2 Furious but I'll probably end up seeing it as my roommate is a huge Paul Walker fan. And when I say "fan" I mean "stalker." ;)

Dumb and Dumber-er = teh suck

JMK
May 14th, 2003, 05:38:34 AM
dirty dancing 2 havana nights- god please kill me now for the love of all thats good and right freaking kill me now
Forgot about that one. I agree, kill me too.

Jedieb
May 14th, 2003, 09:31:24 AM
Dumb and D......
Dirty Dancing2
FatF2

Won't go to see them, won't rent them, and unless I'm strapped to a bed with my eyelids taped back I won't watch them on cable.

Jhony
May 14th, 2003, 11:18:58 AM
If I was strapped to a bed with my eyes taped open, I would be more worried about the woman in the leather outfit that did it rather than what's on TV. Now, for movies I don't want to see.

Matrix Reloaded
Dumb and Dumberer
Fast and the Furious 2
Spy Kids 3
Freddy vs Jason
Legally Blonde 2
Rugrats
Pokemon

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 14th, 2003, 11:27:35 AM
Originally posted by Jhony
If I was strapped to a bed with my eyes taped open, I would be more worried about the woman in the leather outfit that did it rather than what's on TV.

*whistles* j/k

Prolly won't see any of the ones listed besides Matrix Reloaded, getting dragged to see that tomorrow, blech....

Abagael Zellan
May 14th, 2003, 12:24:40 PM
Ugh, that American Idol musical, "From Justin to Kelly".

Total waste of space. >_<

Lilaena De'Ville
May 14th, 2003, 01:32:03 PM
Ooh amen to that!

Anything Pokemon
Anything American Idol on the big screen
Anything Rugrats
Anything that looks like a bad sequel to a bad movie: Scary Movie 3 :eek
Anything that is a rehashing of a great movie just to make more money minus Patrick Swayze (which I can't spell) - Dirty Dancing 2. unless he's in it, in which case that's just sad.

Dasquian Belargic
May 14th, 2003, 01:33:23 PM
Anything American Idol on the big screen

I pity you all. At least after the 'Idol' rubbish was over here, it just ENDED and people just went away and you were able to ignore it all. Having to put up with a movie ... oy.

Zeke
May 14th, 2003, 01:37:52 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Patrick Swayze (which I can't spell)

Apparently you can. :) Spelled it right, you did. Alot of these movie sequels are to movies I never saw or didn't like. The number 2 is one to avoid this summer it seems.

JMK
May 14th, 2003, 01:53:41 PM
An American Idol movie? We've hit rock bottom this time for sure.
I thought we crashed when Legally Blonde 2 was announced, but this is it. I'll see you all, I'm heading to my underground bunker now.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 14th, 2003, 01:53:43 PM
Dirty Dancing is a classic. Must see it. Really.

Dirty Dancing 2 sounds like .....sacrilige! Its going to make people hate the original. I can just tell.

JediBoricua
May 14th, 2003, 02:12:17 PM
There is something good about Dirty Dancing 2 though.

You see they are filming it here in Old San Juan and they just loved the building where I work at. So they decided to shoot a scene there, which meant us having a free paid day!

I still wont see it, but at least I got something off it.

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2003, 05:01:28 PM
Unfortuntely looking at the popularity of American Idol I expect it to be big. Also I am not really looking to Scary Movie 3 sure it is being done by Zucker but he hasn't done anything good in years the last good film he did was Hot Shots Part Deux. And sure Leslie Neilsen is in but everything he has done since Naked Gun has been lousy.

Lann Kirauc
May 14th, 2003, 08:06:18 PM
I won't being going to the theatres much this summer. I am not the biggest film buff in the world. But is it just me, or has movie quality dropped drastically in the last decade or so? And taste too? I find more and more baser quality/hack films being lauded over with greater frequencey these days than ever before.

:mad

HunterJodoKast
May 14th, 2003, 08:28:03 PM
What I mean is, see I have lived in California all my life. And during my childhood years, between my friendly wrasslin and neighborhood sports get-togethers, and whatever else a I did. One thing I was able to do and that is catch plenty of the saturday and sunday afternoon matinees on television. Not to mention plenty of evening showcases too. I have seen just about anything and everything in my younger years. I have to say the last decade or so of cinema has been pretty insipid. Anybody agree?

Dae Jinn
May 14th, 2003, 08:57:08 PM
I have a feeling Dirty Dancing 2 will be like Grease 2 :x

Abagael Zellan
May 15th, 2003, 08:33:38 AM
Oh ew...Grease 2 was horrible. And if they go through with Grease 3, I'm going to renounce my citizenship.

Jedieb
May 15th, 2003, 08:47:22 AM
If I was strapped to a bed with my eyes taped open, I would be more worried about the woman in the leather outfit that did it rather than what's on TV.
A woman in leather strapping me to a bed... what's to worry about? I get that every other weekend. :smokin

imported_Blade Ice
May 15th, 2003, 09:57:48 AM
Charlie's angels 2 will suck only reason for going to see is Luce Liu (god I love her). other then that I can't decide on what else will be crap. I'll most of the comedies will be but thats because so far there has been any of those that have sparked my interest.

Gurney Devries
May 15th, 2003, 10:06:06 AM
I'm going to see Freddy vs Jason. But I have a soft spot for campy horror films. :) I am well aware that it's going to be pretty bad, but I just can't help myself.

By and large, there's nothing I want to see this year outside of Return of the King, Matrix Revolutions, Underworld and possibly The Hulk (Jennifer Connelly being in it is a bit factor; She's my favorite actress).

Oh, I've already seen 28 Days Later but I think I may go see it again in theaters, if I can find someone to go with me.

Abagael Zellan
May 15th, 2003, 02:35:32 PM
Oh, I've already seen 28 Days Later but I think I may go see it again in theaters, if I can find someone to go with me.

Que?

28 Days Later? I'm sorry, I missed something...what is that?

o_O

Dasquian Belargic
May 15th, 2003, 02:36:53 PM
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0289043

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 15th, 2003, 02:38:10 PM
oh, the zombie thing, forgot about that too......

Abagael Zellan
May 15th, 2003, 02:57:30 PM
Ah, okay then...For a minute I thought they were making a sequal to teh Sandra Bullock movie :lol

BUFFJEDI
May 15th, 2003, 03:53:26 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
A woman in leather strapping me to a bed... what's to worry about? I get that every other weekend. :smokin :lol
you are still my hero eb(s):cool

Gurney Devries
May 15th, 2003, 04:24:20 PM
Not really zombies, but close enough. :p

ReaperFett
May 15th, 2003, 04:26:04 PM
Originally posted by Abagael Zellan
Ah, okay then...For a minute I thought they were making a sequal to teh Sandra Bullock movie :lol
Going into rehab, Ms Bullock finds out about a Zombie plague sweeping the area....I LIKE IT! :D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 15th, 2003, 04:44:44 PM
:lol "Must be hallucinating with the lack of drugs"-SB

Xenodoros Stormrider
May 20th, 2003, 08:10:28 PM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I don't care what anyone says. I think all they're doing is some piece of crap with uber cool effects to impress people. Just including Sean Connery in that movie makes me laugh