PDA

View Full Version : Neato Gjo

sonja
May 13th, 2003, 07:03:46 AM
Hey, who ever did the new GJO (Chris?) it looks awesome!

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2003, 09:11:29 AM
Guilty as are my co-conspirators Mark and Ogre =]

sonja
May 13th, 2003, 09:34:54 AM
It's so pretty you guys. So streamline. You repeated colors! That's all I ever ask!

Good job. :)

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2003, 10:31:22 AM
Mrrh? Repeated colors? As in a consistent scheme?

Taylor Millard
May 13th, 2003, 12:08:54 PM
I believe so :)

It does look good.

sonja
May 13th, 2003, 12:27:54 PM
Yeah basic rule in art 101 is repeat colors. Many people don't do that and they have no idea how much it mucks up their stuff.

It looka nice.

Pierce Tondry
May 13th, 2003, 12:34:31 PM
Very nice.

Don't like the Times New Roman-ish font, myself, but that's a personal preference. Ariel, Sans Serif, Tahoma... nice smooth fonts are easy on my eyes.

But very nice graphics and themes indeed.

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2003, 12:38:52 PM
I wanted a more upright, formal look. Besides, no one uses Times anymore. Except for me. I'm speshul.

sonja
May 13th, 2003, 12:44:14 PM
No fonts look smooth to me on my supa-monitor. I think the font looks nice, looks fancy, is suitable for the design, and you just stated that was the look you were going for.

Pierce Tondry
May 13th, 2003, 12:57:25 PM
But then again, it clashes with the font threads are displayed in. The formal theme is a good choice for stern and severe Jedi, no question. Where it slides and is off-putting is in the details: all the text in posts is still fairly smooth, whereas links are in Roman. You'll see what I mean if you look at the CT text surrounding PM | Profile | Buddy. There's so much smooth font already in use that the adjustment from smooth to formal is awkward.

I'm not complaining, just stating. I'll probably get used to it in a week and it hardly matters anyway whether I do or don't.

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2003, 01:13:11 PM
That was done to differentiate between content and controls, aside from maintaining the scheme.

Also, what res are you running at Sonja, and on what monitor?

sonja
May 13th, 2003, 01:18:23 PM
Again, sweetums, I am at work. Can't tell ya. I'll screencap for ya later.

Brian, you confused me. Isn't the font in the banner EPISODE font? Then links in Times. The rest jives if you ask me.

Pierce Tondry
May 13th, 2003, 02:09:41 PM
I think it's a size issue, now that I look at it closely. The column headings and so forth are either almost the same as or slightly smaller than regular post text, thread title text, or some cases of bolded CT text (which are smooth).

I think my mind expects the headings and so on to be larger or more distinguishable than the smooth font, and they are not.

Looking at the main forum, it looks perfect. It's subforums with thread displays or looking inside the threads themselves where I get thrown.

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2003, 03:15:14 PM
The banner and buttons are in Divona.

Ryla Relvinian
May 17th, 2003, 02:09:34 PM
Well, whatevah it is, I like it. :)

Woo hoo for serif fonts!