PDA

View Full Version : Learning something new: Mind of Matter (Kyle)

Wei Wu Wei
May 12th, 2003, 02:37:47 PM
It started the way it always started. Teacher waiting in the classroom for the student to arrive. It had taken Wei some time, but now he finally decided what he wanted to teach Kyle.

Wei had some tennis balls and other things. "Telekinesis. Basic, but also very complex."

Wei sat down in a corner and waited for Kyle to show up.

Kyle Krogen
May 12th, 2003, 07:54:18 PM
Kyle walked into the room makeing his way to where Wei sat, he walked up to Wei and bowed "im am ready to begin training."

Wei Wu Wei
May 13th, 2003, 06:27:17 AM
"Wonderful. Glad to see you're enthusiastic about this. Now, today you are going to be learning how to move things with your mind."

Wei let the tennis balls spill out of their container and onto the floor.

"But first, you have to know how to control the Force."

The Jedi Knight stretched and yawned before he continued. "Now I want you to relax your muscles entirely and think of something that brings you peace inside. A memory, a favorite food, anything."

Kyle Krogen
May 13th, 2003, 03:35:20 PM
Kyle relaxed just as Wei had instructed, He remembered when he first came to the jedi order

"ok, im relaxed" he closed his eyes to help relaxe himself more.

Wei Wu Wei
May 13th, 2003, 07:38:52 PM
Wei nodded. "Now then, take this feeling of yours and reach out to one of the tennis balls with your mind, with the idea of picking it up."

Wei demonstrated by picking up a ball with the Force.

Kyle Krogen
May 14th, 2003, 02:17:20 PM
Kyle nodded, He reached out to the force, the ball started to rise Kyle used more power and it went higher

He kept himself relaxed the whole time, he slowly let the ball down, it landed on the floor next to Wei's foot

Kyle turned to face Wei "was that good?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2003, 08:13:43 AM
Wei simled. "Indeed, that was very good. Now fling it at something."

Kyle Krogen
May 16th, 2003, 01:59:12 PM
Kyle focused his mind and picked the ball back up then he sent to toward the wall, it hit the wall and bounce off rolling on the floor till it stoped at Wei's feet

"now what would you like me to do?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 17th, 2003, 11:17:16 AM
"Think fast," Wei said, and launched a ball at Kyle.

Wei wanted to see how Kyled handled this one. The Padawan could fling stuff, but what about stopping it?

Kyle Krogen
May 17th, 2003, 06:00:27 PM
Kyle tried to stop the ball but it was moving to fast, there was a small whack as it his Kyle forehead

"oww" he said as he rubed the now red spot on his forehead "let us continue"

He levaitated another ball in Wei derection till it was a few inches away from his nose "what should we do now?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2003, 12:12:34 PM
Wei levitated another ball. "We keep on going until I see you stop this tennis ball with your mind."

Wei sent the tennis ball at him once again.

"Once you have done this, we will move on."

Kyle Krogen
May 20th, 2003, 12:46:03 PM
after a couple more trys Kyle finaly was able to stop the ball before it hit his head, he sent it back to Wei "whats next Wei?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 20th, 2003, 09:12:37 PM
Wei caught the ball in his hand and then stopped to think. "Now we move on to more difficult things. Pushing and pulling is easy. But what about some other uses of telekinesis?"

Wei stretched out a hand and shut the door to the training room and locked it. "That door can only be locked by punching in a special code. A code that only I know. And since I haven't taught you to read minds yet, you'll have to find another way out."

Wei stretched and yawned. "I'll give you a small hint. What does a person do when she is angry and needs to get something off her chest?"

Kyle Krogen
May 21st, 2003, 02:19:51 PM
Kyle thought for a moment, he could easily cut through it with his lightsaber but he was told to use telekinesis, he let out a sigh since he could not think how to do it

"i dont know how to get it open" He stared at the floor and sighed again.

ooc: your hint makes no sence.

Wei Wu Wei
May 22nd, 2003, 09:52:47 AM
OOC: When a person is angry and they have something to get off their chest they say they are venting. I was hinting at an air vent in the cieling.

IC: "The door?" Wei asked. "Silly goose. Look up."

Wei pointed to an air duct above them. "I bet you could get out that way. But it's too high up to reach. You could jump up there, but how would you get the covering off?"

Kyle Krogen
May 23rd, 2003, 12:49:49 PM
"oh" Kyle looked up at the vent it was big enough for a man to crawl through, he used the force to slowly pull the cover off once it was off he then used the force to send him up into the air and into the vent

He crawled until he came to another vent cover which he pushed out then he fell to the floor out side the door, he knocked on the door signaling that he had make his way through the vents.

Wei Wu Wei
May 23rd, 2003, 10:08:38 PM
"Good," Wei smiled. "The passcode is 3960. That'll open the door."

Kyle Krogen
May 23rd, 2003, 10:40:52 PM
Kyle entered the password and the door opened, he walked back in to the room where he stoped a few feet from Wei

"now what shall we do?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 24th, 2003, 07:45:09 AM
Wei laughed. "You sound like a broken record, Kyle. But it's ok. I'm glad to see you are eager to learn. But I think that it is high time you just fiddled with your ability a bit. Just explore your new power a little. See what you can or cannot do. I'll sit here and supervise just in case I'm needed."

Kyle Krogen
May 24th, 2003, 12:57:16 PM
Kyle sat down on the floor and flouted the balls over to him one at a time then he made on of them spin around his head then he had another spin around his head, Kyle closed his eyes to constantrate more as he made the third ball spin around his head

the strain showed on his face iy became harder and harder to keep the balls in the air.

Wei Wu Wei
May 24th, 2003, 08:08:16 PM
"Don't push yourself too hard," Wei warned Kyle. "It would not do for you to hurt yourself by biting off more than you can chew. That's another good lesson for us to learn. Learning temperance. Gluttony is one of those seven deadly sins you know."

Kyle Krogen
May 25th, 2003, 10:39:04 PM
Kyle made one of the balls move away from ihs head and droped it on the ground, the ball bounced when it hit the ground then Kyle sent another of the balls, the second ball his the first while it was in the air

He now just flouted the one ball around his head, it started to pick up speed as it went around and around.

Wei Wu Wei
May 26th, 2003, 06:19:03 PM
"Much better. One at a time, one at a time."

Wei was pleased to see Kyle adapting to his new technique. He was eager to learn. He was very eager to learn. It was as much a strength as it was a weakness.

"Now I think you are ready to try a second ball. Two balls, same orbiting motion. It won't be too hard."

Kyle Krogen
May 27th, 2003, 02:06:13 PM
Kyle picked up one of the balls with his hand and threw it into the sair where it flouted to a stop and then went and followed the forst ball around his head

It was a chalenge to keep both balls moving at the same speed so they dont bump into each other.

Wei Wu Wei
May 27th, 2003, 09:16:06 PM
"Not bad, not bad. If it helps, put the balls side by side so they are touching. Then think of the balls as one mass. It might be easier to keep them in the air."

Wei was more guessing than he was giving sagely advice. He'd never spent too much time with telekinesis before. Now it was time to see if he could learn a little something from his Padawan.

Kyle Krogen
May 28th, 2003, 01:12:21 PM
Kyle move the balls together it did make it a little easyer to move

He smiled as it became less stressfull each second to keep the ball in the air.

Wei Wu Wei
May 28th, 2003, 04:53:43 PM
"Good. That'll be something useful to keep in mind later."

Wei tossed another ball at Kyle. "Make this one go in the other direction."

Kyle Krogen
May 28th, 2003, 06:19:33 PM
Kyle cought the ball with the force and tried to control it as well, sweet trickled down his brow as she had the two spin in one derrection and the third spin teh other way around his head

He clenched his teeth as he brain felt like it was coming out his ears, he closed his eyes and made his hands fists and he made them spin around and around his head.

Wei Wu Wei
May 28th, 2003, 06:48:31 PM
"Ok. I think you've had enough. Now it is rest time."

Wei took the balls from Kyle and put them back into the bag he had brought them in.

"You did very well. I want you to practice this diligently. But you will be resting for the rest of the day. No more telekinesis until tomorrow. And when you resume your training tomorrow, you will start out small. Do not attempt anything beyond making things float in different directions."

Wei handed Kyle the bag of tennis balls. "These are for you to practice with. See how many you can float at once. Do not move them about, simply levitate them. Then make them move one by one. Move them either just side to side, or just up and down."

Wei pushed up his glasses. "Any questions?"

Kyle Krogen
May 28th, 2003, 09:02:15 PM
Kyle nodded "no i dont have any questions, and thanks for the tennis balls"

he reached out and took the bag "yes ill rest and train again tomarrow."

Wei Wu Wei
May 28th, 2003, 10:09:03 PM
"You said you already knew some combat stuff. Next time we meet I will be looking forward to seeing how much you might already know about Force Boosting. I specialize in Force Boosting, so I'll be especially interested in what you have or have not learned. See you later, Padawan."

Kyle Krogen
May 28th, 2003, 11:12:05 PM
"I dont know anything about force boosting" Kyle smiled "yes i see you later Wei"

He half walked half draged his tired body toward the LQ.