PDA

View Full Version : If only I'd had one of these lightsabers...

imported_Blues
May 11th, 2003, 09:31:15 PM
"Surely I could have protected Jazz and Gospel..."

The blade is only a practice one, but just holding even that makes Blues feel....empowered. Strong. Confident. He practices swinging it, marveling at the blade's featherlight weight and control, smiling--ever so slightly--for the first time in a long while. With this blade, he'll defend them both, and yes, yes he'll keep them safe! The quiet desperation in his heart swells, and he looks around for someone, anyone.

"Teach me to use this!" he yells out at the empty training hall.

Rognan Dar
May 12th, 2003, 12:49:57 PM
Rognan walked the halls of the Jedi Adademy, looking for someone to help train him or with him. Ever since his battle with Logic he was trying harder at improving his skills with the force and here was the best place to do it.

As he was looking around he heard someone ask a question, though, it seemed to be to be asked from anyone that heard it. Rognan entered the training area and saw a figure looking around for someone. He walked closer and bowed his greetings.

"Hello. My name is Rognan Dar. You seek something?"

imported_Blues
May 12th, 2003, 07:40:08 PM
"This!" Blues says, stepping forward anxiously with the blade in hand. "Can you teach me to use this?"

Rognan Dar
May 12th, 2003, 07:45:23 PM
"Well.....I dont know if it is right for me to 'teach' it, but I might be able to help you along a spar. That way it will be learning for both of us. I cant go into it all, just the basics. That way, I wont git into a trouble. What do you say? "

imported_Blues
May 13th, 2003, 09:35:03 PM
"Oh."

Blues looks and sounds kind of disappointed.

"So...you're just a Padawan too?"

Rognan Dar
May 14th, 2003, 01:05:33 PM
Rognan could see that Blue was a little disappointed at the fact that he was a padawan.

"Yes I am. And the Council has sertain rules about us 'teaching.' "

Rognan pauses for a moment thinking.

"You dont have a master yet, do you?"

imported_Blues
May 15th, 2003, 03:21:13 PM
"No...no I don't."

The saber disengages and Blues drops to a squat, resting lightly against the near wall.

"It feels so impossible..."

Jazz
May 15th, 2003, 03:35:33 PM
Jazz watched from a short distance away, her eyes slightly lowered, it hurt her to see him look defeated as he did since then, he used to be so strong and happy. She wipes her eyes with her sleeve before speaking.

"We'll get one in time, Blues..."

Rognan Dar
May 15th, 2003, 05:20:23 PM
Rognan looks up to see someone standing a short distance off. She was right. He would get one some day. I mean I got one, he thought to himself, they just need to wait nad one will come along.

"Its not impossible....Blue, is it? Things like this just take time. But you can always make good with the time you have untill then."

Rognan hoped this was incuraging. It did in his own mind at lest.

imported_Blues
May 16th, 2003, 11:27:49 PM
"Blues."

Time. Of course it takes time! He's got the patience for it, so waiting isn't the problem! It's how helpless he feels without the knowledge or strength to do anything.

Rognan Dar
May 18th, 2003, 03:55:19 PM
"So what do you say. Want to try this saber thing?"

Jazz
May 20th, 2003, 08:34:56 PM
Jazz leaned over and hugged her husband, knowing it would help him feel a bit better.

"Might as well try with him, Blues."

imported_Blues
May 21st, 2003, 09:04:10 PM
Blues stands up with a heavy sigh and turns the blade back on. He holds it before him as he had seen the soldiers do, and decides it best to at least mimic them.

"Ok. Just...whenever."

Rognan Dar
May 22nd, 2003, 01:06:05 PM
Rognan nodded his head. He went over to a locker and opened it. Out if it he took a practice saber, putting his own back in return. He closed and and walked back to Blues, standing in front of him.

"Ok, this is not going to be the best advice, but I'll help you along.

First you will need to keep your saber up, like your doing, untill your going to do something else. Always make sure that you dont leave yourself open for a attack, though, this is easyer said then done."

Rognan activated the saber in his hand, the harmless blade hummed as he held it.

"Ok, lets just start out with attacking. Use the Force to guide you in your attack. Now...try and hit me."

He moved into a defensive position, watching Blues as he waited.

imported_Blues
May 24th, 2003, 11:06:54 PM
Use the Force? Blues has felt the Force lightly through his life, like before a big catch out in the boats, or at the moment his son was born. And once, just once, has it been enough for him to utilize it. That was when strength born of desperation had allowed him to drive off the barbarians that were attacking his family.

"..."

Blues steps forward, his heart not in his movements, and makes a cut at Rognan's right forearm.

Rognan Dar
May 25th, 2003, 08:01:16 PM
Rognan was expecting more then a simple slash. It was slower then most cuts. He didn't really seem to be trying, he thought to himself.

Rognan brought his blade up to block the attack. The sabers connected and hissed. He pushed the other one away and took a step back.

"Come now. I know you can to better then that. Put more interest in yopur attacks, plan them out, try anything you can to beat me."

imported_Blues
May 26th, 2003, 09:11:41 PM
Blues sighs, making his strike more quickly as he releases his breath. This one's for Rognan's knee.

Rognan Dar
May 27th, 2003, 01:08:42 PM
Rognan jumped backwards. Thats more like it, he said to himself.

"Good. Thats better. Now get ready."

Rognan, slower then normal, brought his blade up above his head, then brought it down at Blues head.

imported_Blues
May 28th, 2003, 02:07:41 PM
Blues is standing between Rognan and Jazz. His defense is lightning quick, stopping Rognan short of his goal and pushing the senior Padawan backward several steps.

Rognan Dar
May 28th, 2003, 10:03:21 PM
Rognan was amazed at Blues quick defense. He's most skilled then he gives himself credit for, he said to himself.

"Good. Very good. Your getting better by the second. Ok, now, just go all at it. You seem to know about all there is besides for the advanced stuff."

Rognan gave Blues a second to let his words sink in. Then he attacked. He began by moving to his left and slashed diagonaly, from his feet up. Thinking that his attack would be blocked, he sweaps his leg out to trip Blues.

imported_Blues
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:00:11 AM
Blues parries the slash as Rognan predicted. Also as Rognan predicted, the man loses his footing and falls back. With his free hand, he pushes Jazz further back to prevent her from coming within range or Rognan's weapon, then stands his ground again.

Rognan Dar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:22:42 PM
Well...that didn't work out the way I thought, but still effective, he thought to himself. Blues was deffinitly learning, slow it may be, but you have to start somewhere. Might also want to not go so strong at it, after all, he just started.

Rognan stood there, waiting to see what Blues might do.

imported_Blues
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:50:46 PM
Blues' breathing is heavy, bearing his anxiety and worry with it. One slip and he'll strike Jazz. That can't happen. Blues refuses to allow it to happen. It's detering him from attacking, as a wrong move Blues makes will leave his wife open.

Jazz
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:55:11 PM
Jazz watches her husband and steps back when he pushes her back. A slight worried look flashes in her eyes, she recognizes how Blues is acting, there's no danger here though.

Rognan Dar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:25:45 PM
Good. He's thinking a bit more, leaving me with the attack. But he looks a little worry, more then needed. He seems to be...guarding Jazz, he thought to himself. I wouldn't strike her, so why would he do that?

Rognan starts to circle Blues, waiting for him to loosen his defense. He continues to circle, waiting for his chance.

imported_Blues
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:21:05 PM
As Rognan circles Blues shuffles with him, always acting as an obstacle between the other Padawan and his wife.

Protect what's precious to you with these two strong arms.

Blues will do just that, even if this is only a practice match.

Jazz
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:54:44 PM
Jazz watches her husband continue to protect her as though she was in danger, she wanted to stop this and calm him but she knew now wasn't the time so she waited to see what would happen.

Rognan Dar
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:34:12 PM
Yes, he is protecting her, he though to himself. What if I move away from her, across the room. Then he will not have to protect her and be able to think more on the battle then protecting.

And that was what Rognan did. It was a big training room so ther was lots of space to move around. He began to walk backwards, not looking where he was going incase Blues tried to pull of a stunt.

imported_Blues
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:14:13 AM
Blues vibrates, starting at his feet and moving up through his body as he hesitates. If he leaves Jazz alone she'll be open to his attack, but the opportunity to fight and defeat Rognan without risk to her is too good to pass up.

"Stay here. If something happens to you just yell. I'll come to help you. I promise."

He follows after Rognan and thrusts at the Padawan with a stab.

Rognan Dar
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:38:22 PM
Yes, it was working. He is moving away, he said to himself. Funny, I talk to myself alot, he aslo said to himself.

Rognan hit the thrusting saber away from him, leaving Blues open as he brings his saber back around. Rognan slashes at Blues middle.

imported_Blues
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:56:43 PM
The hit is unavoidable. The practice blade smacks Blues to the floor, sending his weapon flying away. Blues doesn't move. His face is hidden by the long hair drooping down around it. This is good, because he's wearing an expression of pure frustration. If this were real, he'd be dead, and he would have failed to protect Jazz. He stalks swiftly out of the room, wanting to get as far from the Academy as possible.

Jazz
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:59:58 PM
Jazz doesn't pause and follows her husband, she knew what was going on in his head right now. She sees him up ahead a bit.

"Blues! Wait up a minute!"

Rognan Dar
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:45:29 PM
"Ooookkk," Rognan said outloud to noone, since they just left the room. He didn't know someone to take a hit and just run away.

"Maybe I was to hard on him. After all, he just started out. That must be it. I feel terible now. What shall I do?"

This kind of talk went on for a second over ten. He finally decided that he might go find out what was really wrong. He quickly traded the practice saber for his own and ran after where he saw them last.

imported_Blues
Jun 6th, 2003, 07:41:23 PM
Blues hardly slows his pace, clenching his fists and trying to control the shaking of his shoulders. His breathing won't calm itself and his mind won't quiet down. All he can think is that he failed again.

"Dammit to hell..."

Jazz
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:24:27 PM
Fortunately for her, Jazz is the faster of the two, she catches up to him and puts a hand on his shoulder to stop him, it should be enough she hopes.

Rognan Dar
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:31:14 PM
Rognan finally caught up to the two and hurriedly tried to fix whatever went wrong.

"Blues, wait, please. I dont know what your thinking but let me help. I know it might seem like you lost back there, but the truth is, you did better then I thought someone for the first time could do. We all fall short, but we shouldn't let that change anything. It takes practice to become good at something. Dont run away because you fell once. I mess up all the time. Please, listen to me."

imported_Blues
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:36:49 PM
"WHO'S RUNNING!?"

He is, but he won't admit it. He wheels suddenly, taking Rognan by the collar with one hand and staying Jazz's hand with the other.

"If this were real, I'd be dead. I can't afford these mistakes."

Rognan Dar
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:01:51 AM
Rognan didn't resist Blues grip. He looked into his eye's, deep down into them. After a moment he replyed.

"But that is why we train before hand. If we let pride to over and say, 'I dont need any training.' Then that man is a fool. No-one can pick up a lightsaber and expect to use it like a master, unless you had training with a simalar weapon."

Rognan paused. He only stated the truth. He couldn't use a lightsaber any better, if not worse, then Blues just did. Rog had some training, giving him a advantaged. But why would Blues be so upset about it though, he asked himself. He has a reason, I can see it in his eye's. There is something deep down that he needs to let out, if not let go.

imported_Blues
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:13:54 PM
Blues clenches his teeth, unable to counter Rognan's statement. It is only practice. It doesn't count, and he'll probably do this alot more as he learns to use the weapon. But he knows that, dammit! Still, the mistake burns in his heart and mind, lashing him for his failure. Blues at last flings Rognan away and continues to walk on.

Jazz
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:07:08 PM
Jazz casts a glance at Rognan to see if he's okay.

"Sorry about this, I'll explain later but he needs to be alone for a bit....well semi-alone."

She adds before following after her husband, knowing it may take awhile to calm him down again.