PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Katarn Fans

MasterPewter
May 11th, 2003, 06:51:48 PM
Did any of you know that there is a trilogy of books about Kyle Katarn?

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/authors/William_C_Dietz.htm

Has anyone read them if so are they worth hunting down to read?

Jedi Master Carr
May 12th, 2003, 08:14:08 AM
There have been some graphic novels based on his adventures, that is all there has been that I know of.

Kueller
May 29th, 2003, 01:18:37 PM
It can't be that good otherwise we would all have heard of it. I've read over fifty books and all the bookstores i've been to lack this trilogy. It's not even in the timeline at the beginning of the New Jedi Order.

Hazz.

Jedi Master Carr
May 29th, 2003, 03:27:31 PM
They are graphic novels, I have seen them in a few bookstores they weren't big I don't think, I think the were made just after the second Dark Forces game.

Kueller
May 30th, 2003, 06:33:19 AM
If they are graphic novels, does that mean they aren't shown in the timeline?

Hazz.:angel

Jedi Master Carr
May 30th, 2003, 11:38:10 AM
I am not sure I thought I read they were called infinties but I am not certain of that. Reaper might know.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:59:20 AM
I read all three of them in a bookstore, once (LONG ago). Basically, they tell the story of Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. They're meh - not too good, not too bad. And they aren't really graphic novels... there are pictures every few pages, but that's it. I wouldn't really recommend knocking yourself out to find these, unless you absolutely loved that game.

Personally, I'd rather have read about the Mysteries of the Sith add-on.

Tujk
Jun 30th, 2003, 05:18:12 PM
Seen 'em at the local library. Never bothered to pick thme up and reading. But as Kar mentioned, they're actually novels (though, a more "lite" format than most of the EU stuff)

At a guess I'd say they're not included in the NJO timeline because the NJO only contains items published by certain publishers (Del Ray and Bantam).