PDA

View Full Version : [rant]

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2003, 12:42:58 PM
I'm tired of customers throwing temper tantrums just so we'll bend over backwards and do it their way. I'm tired of seeing arguments on the boards *AHEM* about things that don't matter, such as "where should we all claim out character pics at?"

Here's a thought: It doesn't matter. Who cares? Don't go to a board if you don't want to, but then don't complain that you had no idea that so-and-so is using such-and-such a character pic. It is a reference and a suggestion, so bugger off and do what you very well please.

I like the old system: if you see someone using the same pic as you, compare join dates. Whoever was first, gets to keep it. Send them a PM. Get a mod to help you if they resist changing. Keep your eyes open and look at character pics already in use and *gasp* don't use those ones.

I hate all the bookmarking of character pics. You've all been guilty of it. "I claim so-and-so from this movie!" And then you don't make a character out of it. Make the character, then claim the pic. IMhO.

I am not making these statements in any sort of official "Mod" capacity, although I *am* an RPing mod, unlike other people who argue board policies.

I wish we could all just grow up and all get along.

Ryla Relvinian
May 11th, 2003, 12:55:40 PM
Preach it. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2003, 12:56:56 PM
I would, but I think that was about it. ^_^;

imported_Ezra
May 11th, 2003, 12:58:06 PM
point well made

Pierce Tondry
May 11th, 2003, 01:21:33 PM
I find it ironic that a rant has been made about maturity, given that ranting itself isn't the most mature of actions... :)

All things considered, I think you could have expressed your opinions about sig claims in a much simpler fashion in the thread in question.

Posting when angry about RL concerns isn't the wisest of ideas, either.