PDA

View Full Version : Fleet RPing: Your Concerns

Silus Xilarian
May 11th, 2003, 02:20:13 AM
Im posting this thread in reguards to the thread started, by Mockadane, in the OOC forum pertaining to the new Fleet RPing rules.

As we all know, some members of this forum do not agree with the new rules, and would like to see the old rules set into place. This is NOT the focus of this thread. The New Rules are set, and thats the way things will have to remain.

The focus of this thread is to discuss what concerns each of you have with the new rules, and how it affects your own roleplaying. While it is impossible to change the rules, I would like to think that, given logical reasoning, and keeping with common sense, some revisions may be possible.

Before posting, keep in mind that this thread isnt meant for whining or complaining, but presenting valid concerns on a fairly sensitive topic, Thank you

Telan Desaria
May 13th, 2003, 03:04:34 PM
I would have to say the current rules are ok, as we really have no other choice. Who are we to fight besides NPCs? The others don't want to match us at all. They have no wish to engage in any combat whatsoever.

I would like to see a small return to lists, just naming one's major ships. VSD and above, so some newbie cannot appear with a squadron of ISD IVs. Just a thought.

That's all for me.

Silus Xilarian
May 14th, 2003, 06:31:30 AM
Newbie's showing up with a squadron of ISD IVs would be godmoding under the common sense rule. The would be like me walking into a battle and killing everyone in one post with a toothpick and a nasty stare.

Oh, and can you throw me up a list of your members Telan...Im posting on the fly and havent had time to run through the Sovereignty forum to get a member list.

Im not 100% sure, but you might be able to give access to this forum, im not sure how they setup your mod account. If you can, feel free to let em in, if not then throw some names up, and i'll give em access tommorrow morning after I get off work.

Sorry if im a tad slow to post, Im on 12 hour shifts at work right now :\

Telan Desaria
May 14th, 2003, 03:34:59 PM
Aegis du'Caat

Katanor Freestar

Those are the only ones that need admittance.

Silus Xilarian
May 15th, 2003, 05:49:09 AM
Done and done.....

Khendon Sevon
May 22nd, 2003, 05:00:54 PM
give Maal Lah access, please

I'll post my comments later, I need to develop a list :p

Telan Desaria
May 23rd, 2003, 07:56:39 AM
As you know, we have lost another Imperial, thisd time Admiral Lei Lebron. The Remnant has fallen victim to the infighting like that which the Sovereignty just vaquished in the Senex Sector/Juvex Sector.

As Schreiger, though an excellent rper, has seen fit to leave his actions to our NPC discretion, the Grand Moff's presence is irrelevant. That leaves Millard, myself, and Sevon.

We are a new Triumvirate of sorts. Indeed, we are. We are staunch Imperialists (IC), heads of politics, tactics, and technology respectively.

We must now see fit to preserve our Empire. It is up to us. C'est la vie

Silus Xilarian
May 27th, 2003, 12:55:36 PM
Maah Lah has been given access.

Telan Desaria
May 27th, 2003, 03:52:07 PM
Quick hijack

Would any of you have enough time to rp a character for me? I need someone to rp the part of a young, ambitious, and ill-fated Inquisitor for the world of Eriadu. The thread will be brief and a small intermission in my cat and mosue series. It's just to show that the Grand Admiral is becoming more Imperial, and more fanatical - as well as truly ruthless.