PDA

View Full Version : Kraken: Ship-to-ship Training

Khendon Sevon
May 10th, 2003, 09:14:45 PM
You are on a routine patrol of Federacy boarders, your craft is a Nihilist-class Federacy Star Destroyer called the Long Knife. Your craft is armed with TIE Executioner MKIII fighters (check the Ship Training: Maal thread for a description of the craft and their abilities).

As you enter sector X32, your long-range sensors pick up a blip. I will be playing your adversary in this simulation. Use any tactics at your disposal, remember, this is a test of writing skills and ingenuity. Also, a quick reminder, leave a blank line between paragraphs so that it will be properly formatted when you post.

Stats on the Long Knife
Nihilist-class Star Destroyer
Class: Heavy Cruiser
Manufacturer: UIT/TGE
Crew: 3,898, 4000 Troopers, 500 Executioner Death Droids, 100 Zero-G Suits
Length: 1000
Speed: 21MGLT (Dreamweaver Assault Engines)
Shield Rating: 3,800 SBD (Class A Ion Shield)
Backup Shield: 720 SBD (Class A Ion Shield)
ALF Shield: 10x10 second bursts
Hull Rating: 2,200 RU (Double Hull)
Fighter Complement: 3 Squadrons
Hyperspace: Class B
Weapons: 10 Dual Occult Turbolaser v2’s, 10 Occult Ion Cannon v2’s, 6 Defensive Banks v2’s, 4 Anti-matter Flak Batteries, 8 Occult Defiant Ion Torpedo Launchers (6 Torps. A piece), 2 Occult Firestorm Missile Tubes (10 Missiles a piece), 10 Dual Occult Mass Cannons, 4 Quad Occult Plasma Cannon v2’s, 10 AMFS’s, 1 Mining Bomb Tube (2 Bombs), 1 Occult Devastator Missile Launcher (3 Missiles)
Special: Shield Compensator, Power Compensator, Guild-class Bridge, Stealth Armor, Phantom Projector, Carbon Fibre Armor, Directional Occultation Shielding, Cloakskin, Bounce-back Sensor, Optical Communication Unit, Subspace/Real space Communication Inhibitor, Plasma Lace Module (Shields/Weapons), Crystal Cooling, VB Force Detector, YB Force Inhibitor, Metabolizing Self Destruct, CTS Relays, Quantum Physics Processors, Optical Information Transfer Backbone, Techyon Detection Grid, Keyhole Transmission Receiver, MIIC Receiver/Transmitter, Veneration Architecture, OCU, TS Skin Lining
[/I]

check here for any technology you need to look up, and good luck:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22220

Park Kraken
May 10th, 2003, 09:49:26 PM
Kraken glances nervously at the display. Who or what could this unknown contact be? Better be safe than sorry, he thinks to himself. He turns to his aide, "Flenning, launch one of the Executioner squadrons. Order ten of them to form into a V shaped screen around our ship, then order the other two to investigate this signal." "Yes, sir". "Guns, I want you to bring all of your weapons to full power, Harold, activate the shields, and backups, and Flenning, get the other Executioner pilots to their fighers." Three voices respond, "Yes sir". Kraken turns to stare out the viewport, and awaits for word from his scouts...........

Khendon Sevon
May 10th, 2003, 10:10:41 PM
Admiral Telaleve stood stoutly at the bridge of his fictional craft. Khendon had convinced him to do this simulation to help train a prospective officer and Telaleve had brought his crew along for the ride. The scenario was simple, a single Nihilist-class vessel would find him and he, in his ISD<suP>3</sup> would engage and attempt to destroy the Nihilist at all costs.

Telaleve took a deep breath and strolled into the crew pit, taking position next to his sensor’s officer. A dull, green blip appeared on the screens and an Imperial identification code scrolled across the screen. “Helm, bring the ship into silent running mode,” he said softly, a crisp air of command icing his words and removing any hint of emotion.

“Sensors, pull back to passive scanners only,” continued the Admiral, “I don’t want him prematurely detecting the Death’s Advocate. Fighter Command, have Red squadron standby, load their launchers with concussion missiles. Have the reactor stirred and brought up to maximum output, run a quick reading on all weapons and accuracy test, no need to rush this confrontation.”

The Death’s Advocate slowly waded forward, her classic wedge shape cutting through the forever night of space, heading slowly towards her destination, an invisible point in space near the Long Knife.

Park Kraken
May 11th, 2003, 12:51:26 PM
The 2 TIE Executioner MkIIIs approached the blip at a steady pace, being careful not to rush right into a trap. As they approached the blip, it wavered slightly, then resolved into a Imperial ship, a Imperial Star Destroyer III, to be exact. The two TIE pilots turned their ships around, and headed back to the Long Knife. On the bridge of the Knife, Kraken order his men into a frenzy of organized action....... "Guns, ready your missile launchers, and beam weapons, and get firing solutions for the ship, but hold your fire until I order you to. Flenning, launch a second Executioner squadron. Orders are for them to prepare to engage the enemy vessel, with half attacking with lasers, and missiles, and the other half protecting them from any hostile fighter contacts. Aim for the Shield Generators, and any Communications gear. Send them to the half-way point, but order them not to engage until fire upon. Shields, prepare the fail-safes, we could be one for one h*** of a slugging match."

Khendon Sevon
May 11th, 2003, 01:29:29 PM
The Death’s Advocate was making good speed. Telaleve was pleased with his crew’s performance so far. Usually in simulator situations crews tended to slack off knowing that their lives weren’t truly in danger, but Telaleve had always prided himself in knowing that he had one of the best Imperial crews.

As the vessel moved forward, Telaleve’s sensors officer spoke up, “Sir, we have contacts baring mark three twelve dash niner, fighters, Sir. Designating targets HF series Alpha.”

The Admiral took a moment to consider tactics, “Launch Red, Blue, and Green squadrons. Have them all armed with anti-fighter concussion missiles and direct them towards the new contacts,” Telalevel’s fighter force consisted of seventy-two TIE Defenders, a plausible load out that the officer in training would probably have to deal with if he ever went up against the numerous Imperials that had fractured into warlord groups. “Slow the vessel to a halt, Imperator Sevon gave us a surprise for our opponent. Prepare the shuttles!”

Several men responded with ‘Aye, aye, Sir.’ And went about attending to the Admiral’s orders. This will be a great tactic for those college boys to study, mused Telaleve to himself.

Park Kraken
May 11th, 2003, 05:22:43 PM
Deleted

Park Kraken
May 12th, 2003, 02:49:26 PM
Deleted

Khendon Sevon
May 27th, 2003, 05:06:11 PM
OOC:

Do not perform more than two or three actions per post, your opponent will probably think it unfair if you do not give him the opportunity to react. In general, you should allow your opponent to assign damage to himself, however, you should discuss this with the person you are RPing with prior to the actual RP.

This is why we attempt to make the scene elaborate and tend to have detailed writing styles, it forces the post to be bigger without the actual actions being bigger, enabling your posts to be more viable and less debatable.

Make changes accordingly and we’ll proceed

Feel free to reply to this and make comments, btw, just mark them as comments.

Park Kraken
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:23:30 AM
As the TIE Defenders closed with the TIE Executioner squadron, Kraken leapt into action. "Order that squadron of TIE Executioners back to the ship, arm all turbolaser cannons, and missile launchers, but fire on the TIE Defenders only if they come against us" ordred Kraken. "Aye sir, guns are charged, and my multipule torpedo, rocket, and missile launchers are primed and ready" answered the gunnery officer, a fellow of about thirty with freckles standing out on his face. As Kraken watched, his forward recon squadron of TIE Executioners came back torwards his ship. He then turned to his flight officer, a young commander by the name of Redalia. "What is the status of the two TIE Executioner squadrons in our bays. Are they ready to fly yet?" "Yes, both squadrons are standing by for your order".
On this count, then, Kraken supposed that he was ready for the final part of this engagement. He just thought that it was a shame that his fellow pilot, a chappy fellow by the name of Maal wasn't here to enjoy this battle. Oh, well, I can tell him about it and lessons learned later. "Navigator, give me all ahead flank speed, and let's close the distance on that large enemy contact to 2.5 kilometers. I want to hit it with as many torpedoes as possible when I launch my attack." "Speed all ahead flank, aye aye sir."
We just sit back and wait........