PDA

View Full Version : How would one.....

Alana Stormcloud
May 10th, 2003, 03:40:06 PM
How would one go about disabling a fire wall? DSL, Cable hook up. He wants to open a web page and cant due to the fire wall.... Thankie for any help on this :)

Figrin D'an
May 10th, 2003, 03:54:07 PM
What kind of firewall are we talking about? Software, hardware?

Alana Stormcloud
May 10th, 2003, 03:59:18 PM
It came with his dsl modem I think. When he got the Cable dsl it installed the fire wall...

Marcus Telcontar
May 10th, 2003, 07:21:59 PM
Check your contract first. Most DSL providers explicity forbid hosting servers. If that is not thecase, you really need to say what model and brand it is. There's no real standard way to switch filtering for port 80 off

Morgan Evanar
May 10th, 2003, 10:44:38 PM
Port 80 is usually clear, its just illegal to use in most residential TOS agreements.

Bussiness DSL, on the other hand...

Krieger
May 11th, 2003, 07:10:29 AM
Ok... how would you check your contract? my parents made the connection to comcast so idk how to check it out. methinks its a netgear router with microsoft wireless adapters. i also have xp so idk if that would pose anymore of a firewall prob...

to tell you the truth, i'm beta testing Ragnarok Online... i'm the only one of my friends that just cant make theirs work. my friend just recently reformated his comp, and now his wont work... we think its due to firewalls cuz of the original setup of windows xp or perhaps even a lan firewall for broadband...