PDA

View Full Version : New Eyes to See (open)

Cassidy Williams
May 9th, 2003, 12:24:31 PM
OOC: Continued from here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28741)

IC:

An artifical season
Covered by summer rain
Losing all my reason
Cause there's nothing left to blame
Shadows paint the sidewalk
A living picture in a frame
See the sea of people
All their faces look the same
So I sat down for awhile
Forcing a smile
In a state of self-denial
Is it worthwhile
Sell my pity for a dime
Just one dime
Sell my pity for a dime
Just one dime
Plain talk can be the easy way
Signs of losing my faith
So I sat down for awhile
Forcing a smile
In a state of self-denial
Is it worthwhile
Sell my pity for a dime
Just one dime
Sell my pity for a dime
Just one dime

It was late out, one A.M standard time. The bar and grill was still nrusing customers but the crowds were beginning to thin. It was quiet, which she was grateful for. Cassidy needed time to think. Her mind was spinning.

The Jedi padawan slowly walked in through the double doors and very cautiously found a seat in a darkened corner. Alone. It seemed to her that if she moved too quickly everything would dissapear. It was an odd sensation.

The nights events had left her dizzy and disoriented, unsure of anything. Her entire life had been shifted onto an entirely different level in a matter of only a few hours. Once upon a time she'd been happy that she was an only child. Not anymore.

A sister. She, of all people, had a sister.

Cassidy sighed and blinked back some stray tears, utterly exausted and confused. Though they had talked, she still hadn't entirely embraced the fact that she and Xazor shared the same blood. It was too surreal. Like something out of a book. The twelve-year-old snorted to herself.

"A frelling weird fairy tale."

Agden Ithrin
May 9th, 2003, 12:32:14 PM
A … frellig… word… hairydale

A tall man, sat alone, watched Cassidy with narrowed eyes, squinting as he tried to piece together what she had just said. From what he had understood he could piece together what the girl was likely to have said, but it was infuriating not to be able to tell immediately. Never the less, the only way he would overcome the hurdle of being deaf would be to practice, practice, practice his lip-reading.

Cassidy Williams
May 13th, 2003, 01:42:41 PM
She was absorbed in her thoughts and didn't notice the man watching her watching her intently. Cassidy glanced downward at the chain that hung from her neck. It was from her mother, though she'd never met the woman. Suddenly, the girl hated the necklace, couldn't stand the feel of it against her skin. She pulled it over her head and stared at it, tears blurring the image.

"I don't even care anymore."

The girl bunched it up in her hand and hurled the slender chain and pendant away; it wasn't the smartest thing to do indoors but she was too tired to think logically. The necklace sailed through the air, landing with a clatter on Agden's table and sliding across the slick surface.

Agden Ithrin
May 13th, 2003, 01:57:33 PM
By the time the necklace landed virtually in his lap, Agden had looked on to another person who was deep in conversation. The sudden clatter and arrival of the pendant caused him to look back to the girl, who was now – it appeared – sobbing. He picked it up, pushed his drink to the side, and walked over to the table, holding the chain out on his palm.

“I, uh…”

Quickly, he corrected his voice – quieter.

“… this yers?”