PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Goner

Cassidy Williams
May 9th, 2003, 08:42:57 AM
I have a doctors appointment in a few hours and I'm seriously considering running away to Tibet so that I don't have to go.

It's stupid I know, because what are they going to do to me? I had eleven X-rays done on my back and six on my knee and this is just an assesment/follow-up appointment. But I keep imagining things.

Dr: I'm sorry Miss, it seems that you have cancer of the knee. You're the first case in....eternity.

Me: What?

Dr: Usually we should be able to operate on this, but you...Well you're screwed.

Me: Huh?

Dr: On the bright side, we'll name it after you once you're dead.

What if they give me a needle? I've never had a shot in my entire life. I've never even had blood drawn.

I'm so dead.

:(

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2003, 09:11:49 AM
Needles are nothing, really.

Ryla Relvinian
May 9th, 2003, 09:16:26 AM
Yeah, you can take it. One llittle pinch and then it doesn't hurt at all. In fact, they use plasstic needles for IVs nowadays, and they don't leave the sharp metal part in your body at all.

That is, if you even have to have a shot, which you probably won't.

Don't stress it, trust me. They take a lot of X-rays because it helps them know exactly what to do with you, so they can figure out the best possible way to help you out. You'll be fine. :)

Dae Jinn
May 9th, 2003, 09:22:14 AM
Maybe if you've never has needles, your parents won't let you have them? My best friend in high-school is like that, her mum won't let her have shots because it messes up the natural immune system or whatever.

Or, you could be like me and hold your mum's hand and cry ^_^; I hate needles.

Cassidy Williams
May 9th, 2003, 09:37:43 AM
My mum and dad don't come with me to the doctor. I'm on my own because aparently when you grow up your supposed to be able to get along without them (:rolleyes)

How are needles not a big deal? It's a sharp object breaking through your skin and into your flesh. I get dizzy when I see them. I don't know why I never had them. I just didn't. My mum once told me that it had something to do with seizures and comas...or something O_o

I making myself sick over this with worry. It's pathetic really, when you think about it. I mean, I've gone bunjee jumping with no qualms. I've gone on every rollercoaster that I've ever seen. And a man in a dorky white coat scares the bejeezus outta me.

Dae Jinn
May 9th, 2003, 09:45:01 AM
*hug*

It's okay. I'm "grown up" and I still hate needles and need someone there (which is sad and pathetic isn't it? :lol). Don't worry, try to think happy thoughts and it'll be over and done before ya know it :)

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2003, 09:45:57 AM
Listen, I dont like needles. But I have had shedloads. Once you get there, it is nothing. Just don't look at them, and you probably wont even know it's been injected.

Leeloo Mina
May 9th, 2003, 10:44:05 AM
I HATE needles. HATE them

When I was younger, like around 4 to 11.. it would take at least 2 nurses, my parents and a doctor to hold me down for a shot.. and I'd get sick afterwards.=/

Now that I'm older.. I still freak out, and try to avoid them as much as I can.. but when I'm in the room.. I try not to think about it, and it still hurts a little.. but it's not as bad as if I freaked out and the doctors had to hold me down, especially since I'd make a huge fool out of myself ^_^;

Pierce Tondry
May 9th, 2003, 11:00:30 AM
I'm not thrilled about needles, but I don't fear them. I used to, though.

Try going zen when you have to get a shot of some kind. It really helps distance you from the fear.

Cassidy Williams
May 9th, 2003, 11:57:05 AM
Ha! It's not cancer :)

I've messed up my back ligaments but that's just a live with it thing. My knee is weird. I've got a 5 cm gap between something or other nad the bone and a little bone island. And teh knee joint is twisted really weird so when I walk it's wearing away. I need to get shoes that will "pronate my feet to help unlock the merchal comportinent"...or something like that :D

Charley
May 9th, 2003, 01:23:03 PM
Unless its an IV (which hurt)...I like needles for some reason.

Morgan Evanar
May 9th, 2003, 01:26:42 PM
Because you're a twisted bastard. My feeling on needles is pretty neutral. I don't enjoy them, but they don't really bug me much either.

Most doctors say I'm a very easy patient. Contrast to my sister who ran around the office for an hour when she was 5. Hates needles, she does.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 9th, 2003, 01:28:18 PM
they used to bother me but then I just forced myself to look as it was done one day then went "Why the hell was I scared of that?" since then, fine with needles.....

Charley
May 9th, 2003, 01:28:33 PM
I guess I'm partial since my mom gives me all my vaccines. She's the best nurse ever. Also, I like giving blood alot.

Cassidy Williams
May 9th, 2003, 01:38:35 PM
Ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I think giving blood is noble and all (though I'd never accept a blood transfusion for safety reasons) but I could never do it. Other people can bleed and I'm fine. Soon as I see my red...

Whump.

Out like a light.

Charley
May 9th, 2003, 01:41:35 PM
I'm fascinated by the sight of my own blood. I never mind to see it run a little.

Leeloo Mina
May 9th, 2003, 02:19:17 PM
Charley you ARE twisted. :x

Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Most doctors say I'm a very easy patient. Contrast to my sister who ran around the office for an hour when she was 5. Hates needles, she does.

That was so me at 5. :)

Charley
May 9th, 2003, 02:20:29 PM
I used to have a wart on my wrist. One day, I decided not to...took my buck knife, and cut it off. It bled pretty profusely for a while, and I just let it drip to the ground, watching it until the bleeding stopped.

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2003, 02:23:51 PM
I used to have warts on my fingers, and they had to try and get them off with like... this subzero liquid ice crap that turned so cold it felt hot. But that didn't work so they tried burning them and basically putting me through hell until one day they just dissapeared.

.. anyway.

Kelt Simoson
May 9th, 2003, 05:47:33 PM
Well,

thats the end of me planning my dinner...

Marcus Telcontar
May 9th, 2003, 06:39:50 PM
Needles... no worries.

IV drips.... EGH!!! BAD!! PAIN!!!

Dae Jinn
May 10th, 2003, 10:33:28 AM
No no no

You want lots of fun? Try having your tonsils rip open after you've had them out. Then covering the bathroom with blood that you gag and puke up :x That hurt. I was in the hospital for a week afterwards.

Leeloo Mina
May 10th, 2003, 11:38:36 AM
Ick..

I had my tonsils taken out.. but thankfully they didn't rip open.. >_<

Seteth Morters
May 11th, 2003, 08:47:45 AM
...I've still got tonsils. I'm petrified of surgery, but strangely enough, massive bleeding injuries dont really worry me.
They can amputate anything if they just attack me with a knife, but the whole "We gas you first, so you can't struggle, then we slit you open and cut out your organs...." THAT scares me.

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2003, 08:51:11 AM
Gasing isn't so bad. When I gescrewed my arm I went under gas lots of times. You just count to 10 and you're gone. Then when you wake up, people are there to give you lots of boxes of Malteasers and other goodies. Good deal, IMO :)

Marcus Telcontar
May 11th, 2003, 08:52:42 AM
Happy Gas is pretty cool :)

Leeloo Mina
May 11th, 2003, 09:19:15 AM
I wouldn't want to be awake.. but I also don't like the idea of them messing around while I'm out :(

I got mine taken out when I was in kindergarden.. and I fought the doctors when they gassed me.. and I only remember part of it.. my mom said I was crying and screaming and throwing the mask around and she had to leave the room because she was getting drowsy..

I was hell when they tried to do anything to me at the doctor's

^_^;

Seteth Morters
May 11th, 2003, 09:31:40 AM
I get teeth out under local anasthetic, which suprised the dentist. He reckoned that everyone preferred being unconscious whilst someone tore out their teeth. As far as possible, if I had to lose a tooth (usually baby teeth - i used to rip em out before they got loose. loose teeth = ICK), I used to try to lose it in the non-icky way - ice cube, pliers, and high pain tolerance

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2003, 09:33:45 AM
All of my teeth came out into food - apples, toffee, etc - when I bit into it. Never had to have one removed by a doctor.

:D:thumbup

Rhayne
May 11th, 2003, 07:13:26 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I used to have warts on my fingers, and they had to try and get them off with like... this subzero liquid ice crap that turned so cold it felt hot. But that didn't work so they tried burning them and basically putting me through hell until one day they just dissapeared.

.. anyway.

Jen, I think it's called Liquid Nitrogen...:lol

I dropped a clothes iron on my left side once...that was totally NOT cool.