PDA

View Full Version : A Walk in the Unfamiliar (open)

Shandri La
May 9th, 2003, 07:48:38 AM
It was about 3 hours after midday when she decided to go out for a walk. She had left the treasure safely hidden back in her room at the LQ. Dressed as per normal in a simple white dress with white shoes, a gold belt, a gold necklace, and her hair was tied back in a partial braid which ended with a gold band.

She had been on Coruscant now for a few months and this was her first time venturing out past the GJO and the B&G. As is with her nature, she is a trusting person when she's not doing her job. When she is, she hardly trusts a soul unless she has gotten to know them sooner.

The sun was shining, birds were singing. All of this brings back memories of her home. Her home where she grew up, but where things turned sour for her. Especially having to get permission to do things which most ppl would do without permission.

She had brought some food with her which she hands out to the homeless as she comes across them, something which she has done ever since she can remember, trying to make ppls lives a bit better for them.

Guy Tao
May 9th, 2003, 12:23:15 PM
He had been watching the woman, taking note of the gold she wore and other features. Slipping out of the alley that he hid in and behind the woman, he smiled and then spoke loudly.

"A pretty thing like you shouldn't be wandering around without some sort of protection."

Rick Wright
May 9th, 2003, 12:26:48 PM
By a small hovel, where beggars gather for shelter, a young woman and a middle-aged man talk quietly. The man seemed to stop talking however as his attention was drawn instead to what looked like a vagrant approaching what he assumed was a Jedi. He narrowed his eyes and clutched as his hold all tightly for a moment – always expect the worse.

Shandri La
May 9th, 2003, 12:44:26 PM
She quickly spins around and moves away from Guy Tao as soon as he speaks the first sylabal(sp?), more out of reflex then anything else.

"I have no need for protection because I can protect myself.

Now, is there a purpose for you coming up behind me because if there is, I would like to know so I can deal with it."

Shandri doesn't show the slightest sign of worry as she speaks to Guy Tao. Truth be told, as it stands right now, she doesn't think that anybody would go to harm her or anyone else. She comes from a very peaceful planet which doesn't have any real military.

Guy Tao
May 9th, 2003, 12:50:26 PM
"I'm being helpful miss.......... For one,"

His single eye seemed to glow slightly as he tapped his eye patch,

"Someone with half a brain would not walk through the slums of Corusant wearing anything made of Gold, two, you're awfully pretty and even if the Jedi are the protectors of the weak, a slaver could snatch you up quicker than you can say 'By the Emperor's Black Bones!' and sell you to a Hutt."

He smirked, "And three, I'm armed, you are not."

Rick Wright
May 9th, 2003, 12:52:40 PM
"And three, I'm armed, you are not."

There was his cue to leave. Jogging off around the corner into the alley way, Rick began the quick – yet awkward – process of transforming himself from average joe to his secret identity – Captain Coruscant.

Shandri La
May 9th, 2003, 12:57:29 PM
She smiles slightly as Guy Tao talks.

"Am I supposed to be worried that you're armed. Everybody has arms unless they've had them removed.

Also, the Gold that I am wearing isn't real gold. It's just part of my uniform for work."

Shandri doesn't say what her job is, nor is she going to.

"I am not worried about slavers picking me up and selling me to a Hutt because that won't happen to. I'm not saying that because I'm arrogant, I'm saying it because it's the simple truth.

And I've got another question for you, what makes you think that I'm not armed. A girl would have to be stupid to walk around the streets without a weapon of some sort."

Guy Tao
May 9th, 2003, 01:12:42 PM
He snorted at her attempt at a joke with the being armed, and reached to his belt taking what appears to be a sword hilt sans the blade.

"You really are stupid, aren't you? There are RULES here, all girls get three free shots, but not below the belt, then it's free-for-all. Of course if you hit a low blow, then the guy gets to beat you to a pulp."

He pressed a small button on the hilt and a short 3 inch blade pops out.

"Now, get your three shots Miss, and remember the rules."

Captain Coruscant
May 10th, 2003, 02:37:07 AM
One last buckle was slipped into place and from the alleyway came a figure in red, white and blue. On his gauntleted hands were braces, mounted on one of which was a large circular shield. Slowly, he began to walk out forwards towards where Guy and Shandri stood.

Shandri La
May 10th, 2003, 08:19:01 AM
"No, I am not stupid. If I was, I would be dead by now."

Shandri as she says this, reaches up to her hair and pulls out a small dagger which was hidden in her braid.

"I have no wish to fight today. There is no need for it. So you just stay where you are, and I'll leave, that way, nobody gets hurt."

Shandri starts to back away from Guy Tao since she's not in the mood for a fight right now. She just wants to enjoy her day. And besides, if she got in a fight, she would probably get blood stains on her white dress and those a bugger to get out.

She quickly glances about and sees somebody approaching her and Guy Tao. She hopes that he's coming to keep Guy from attacking her. She may have a small dagger, but she's never in any hurry to use it. The only reason why she knows how to use it is because of her job.

Guy Tao
May 10th, 2003, 10:57:57 AM
He snorted once more, before noticing Shandri looking at something else. He turns and see Captain Coruscant, and laughs.

"Oh, one of the fruits from the Holo-news! Gonna fight me instead of the lil'missus?"

Captain Coruscant
May 11th, 2003, 04:42:42 AM
CC simply stopped by Shandri, and stared stonily at Guy.

Shandri La
May 11th, 2003, 09:28:34 AM
She glances at CC for a moment and she stops backing up, just behind him, her small dagger still in hand. She then says to Guy Tao.

"Why don't you just run along and not bother ppl anymore. It would probably be in your best interest."

Shandri takes a deep breath, calming her mind. It is always best to act when you are calm.

Teran Jowas
May 30th, 2003, 02:48:03 PM
a man dressed in an a black cloak, and a old exotic hat (one that you might see if you were to venture to China) steps from behind the shadows, " i suggest all of you", he says and stopping on CC especially, " get a good nights rest... it seems someone has had a restless day! i would hate to have to take this into personal hands." the man with the dagger in his hand smirked wickedly, " and who are you?"
Teran stoped in his tracks, "ahh, Teran Jowas at your service..." Teran began to walk forward, taking off his hat and putting it in a hidden poket of his cloak, " and you my friend, must e troubled, let me get you a drink", as Teran did this he gave a wave of his hand...

(ooc: hello everyone, i hope you guys don't mind me joining in!)

Shandri La
May 31st, 2003, 10:36:49 AM
A quick glance at Teran and a slight smile appeared on her face.

"I do not mean to be rude or anything, but this guy *points to Guy Tao* decided to threaten me while I was just out for a walk. If you can get him to leave me alone without using violence, that would be greatly appreciated."

Shandri shifts her grip on her small knife slightly as her gaze goes back to Guy Tao to make sure he doesn't try to attack her yet.

Captain Coruscant
May 31st, 2003, 10:42:34 AM
Looking at the new arrival with a suspicious, scrupulous stare, CC frowns.

“I think now would be the time for you to get out of here,” he whispered to Shandri – his voice not audible to the others and the movement of his lips barely visible.

Whoever these two were CC had a bad feeling about what would happen next.

Teran Jowas
May 31st, 2003, 01:01:09 PM
Teran looked over to the young lady, " i will try my best, M'Lady..." he said with a gracefull bow, " please my friend", he said to the man with the dagger, " drop your weapon..." he gave another wave of his hand ... hmmm... the force is strong with this one... he thought to himself, " i would hate to have to inform the Galactic Senate, attacking a Jedi is breaking an intergalactic law!" let us see how he reacts to that one?