PDA

View Full Version : Taking It All In (open to a teacher)

Syrius Cline
May 9th, 2003, 01:15:51 AM
The room he was in wasn't too small, which was good. He was 'shadow boxing', fighting a ficticious opponent. He flipped and tumbled, only to come back up and roundhouse his invisible advesary.

"Hah!" he shouted inadvertedly, a by product of breathing out heavily and putting all his strengh into the kick.

He came back down with the foot but sprang up twisting over and hitting his opponent on the side of the face. He did the same thing but with the other foot, doing essensially another roundhouse. His combos were getting incremently better. His old academy days tought him most of these skills, though he didn't grasp them then. Watching Jedi train also gave him inspiration on how to fight.

Now, his second roundhouse completed, he came down on one knee and punched the groin area. Grabbing that area and pulling down he then released and came up with a punch to the gut, followed by a knee to the face as he stood up from his crouch.

Confident now his opponent would be incapacitated, he was fighting a normal, non-force powered human, he collapsed on the floor panting like a dog.

"I suck."

OOC - Please read:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=523555#post523555

Post #6. It explains what I'd like to be tought in this thread.

Kelt Simoson
May 9th, 2003, 05:17:03 AM
' No you don't, but what i tell you is; try to be less aggressive and concentrate on a single move at a time.. ' Kelt said as he watched through the doorway of the room. Kelt had been watching for a few moments and was pretty impressed with the Padawans skills, though he had a few advisory points to say.

' Firstly Syrius, if you are wanting to incapacitate your foe the first thing you should do is calculate a move where you think could imobilize him, his knees, feet or arms. If you make full contact with any of these locations with one single powerful move then it would seriously decrease his chances of being able to retaliate my friend...' Kelt smiled and walked towards Syrius offering a hand to help him to his feet.

' My names Kelt, Kelt Simoson Knight here at the GJO i have seen you around but never spoke to you, i thought it was time we did...'

Syrius Cline
May 10th, 2003, 12:41:08 AM
Syrius took it and groaned as he was helped up.

"Oh, hey there mate. Name's Syrius Cline. I'm a Padawan but you could probably tell that already."

He rubbed the back of his neck, nodding.

"Yeah, yeah, I see your logic there. I guess I just got wrapped uo in the glitter of fighting. The fancy dan, garbage of martial arts. Kind of easy to keep attacking the face and ignore all the extremities that can smack you while you're punching for the kisser. Like a bloody, big bulls-eye. Thanks mate, I'll remember that next time I can breath again."

Puncuating that note even further, he placed his hands behind his head and breathed deep breaths.

"I haven't even begun to think about what I'd do if they had a weapon."

Kelt Simoson
May 11th, 2003, 04:49:31 AM
' Why thing about it? The best thing you can do is calculate your moves when you KNOW what your oposition is. Dont assume anything and dont go mad. Simply know what you have to do...' Kelt said giving the man a nodd.

' Its not all about preperation because you never know whats going to come up next...'

Syrius Cline
May 13th, 2003, 01:42:27 AM
"Well, I don't mean to sound insubordinate or anything, but shouldn't you be a little prepared? I mean, if a guy, or woman, I'm all for equal opportunity for criminals, pulled a gun on me shouldn't I atleast know my limitations there? Like, can I take it away fast enough, can I stop the trigger from pulling with the Force despite the fact I suck at it, and where do I want to get shot if I do get shot. These are things I'd like to know. I'm all for going off the moment but you have to have enough reps under your belt to know what you're capable of. Am I right or does my Padawan rank show?"

Kelt Simoson
May 14th, 2003, 03:23:52 AM
Kelt smiled slightly. The Padawan was certainly one that Kelt liked immediately though there were few people about the place he disliked anyway. But Syrius was rather different, a thrist for knowledge and high discipline gave Kelt the want to teach him a little of what he knew, he felt comfortable and he hoped the Padawan did to.

' Syrius, i came from a world where life was hard, bloody and...well primitive i should say. I used to fight quite alot as a crusader with just a sword and shield. We were on our world were the same as the jedi are to the galaxy. Keepers of the peace. So i have come across alot in my time as a young warrior. Kelt strode forward from the doorway to meet Syrius at last face to face, a smile still upon his lips.

' From what i have experienced in my short but knowledible life time is that you need to be fully open minded in combat, don't force yourself to be angry, vengeful or upset. That is what makes you go over the top in combat. What you also need to learn is there are other ways to defend yourself other than causing injury to the person or creature in question. But there are also times where you need to ignite your sabre. You just need to pick and choose when and what the right time is to do certain things. If you pull a sabre when there is no need you could spark a battle for no reason, and sometimes if you don't you could get hurt yourself.' Kelt said before he noded with a smile.

' You would like to learn defense and attacks that don't nessrserily mean fighting...like...absorbing bolts for instance and perhaps deflections of such things?' He asked gently.

Syrius Cline
May 17th, 2003, 02:02:41 AM
Syrius' jaw dropped ever so slightly.

"Wha--?..." He quickly regained his senses. "I-I've seen some Jedi doing that deflection bit. Whacking the bolt away like a ball with their sabre. But absorbtion? What the bloody hell... Oh, excuse my language. What is that?"

Kelt Simoson
May 29th, 2003, 11:11:19 AM
' Why dont you tell me what you think it is...And how you think it works.' Kelt smiled.

Syrius Cline
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:28:06 AM
"Well, I guess you mean absorbing blaster bolts. But that sounds crazy. Taking them into your body? I mean... Well... I don't know. But then again, I didn't believe in the Force not so long ago."

He shook his head.

"I don't know. How could it work? I guess it's like, taking the Force's designation for that energy pattern and somehow melding it into your own Force flow. Am I close?"

Kelt Simoson
Jun 21st, 2003, 06:39:55 PM
' In somways it can be achived like that but others..such as Jedi prefere to cntrol the force calmley and collectivly to absorb such power..such is a bolt' He smiled and gentured towards his friend.

' I admittidly am not the one to tech you such a powerful force move..but i can teach you hot to control yourself in such a situation...' he smiled.

Syrius Cline
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:41:52 AM
Syrius nodded. If the way to do this was through 'calm', he'd need all the help he could get.

"Smashing. Teach away, mate."