PDA

View Full Version : Its Been a While (James Prent)

Oriadin
May 8th, 2003, 03:36:38 AM
Oriadin entered the bar and grill not quite his usual joyfull self. Something weighed heavily on the Jedi Knights mind and so he'd come here to try and relax, perhaps get his mind of the troubles for a little while. He walked straight up to the bar, and considered something alcoholic, but in the end decided against it. He stuck with his usual ice water. Better to keep his mind focused, he thought to himself.

He didnt really pay to much attention to the other people in the room, and simply sat at the bar with his hand proping up his head. He sat there quietly with a slightly depressed look about him.

James Prent
May 9th, 2003, 12:27:00 AM
A small figure pulled itself up onto a barstool next to the Jedi Knight, a well maintained hand waving down the barkeep. "Namana juice, please." James had never tried the stuff, but people around here seemed to live on the stuff. The bartender mumbled something about "isn't proper, serving juice at a bar," and James looked around the place while she waited.

She recognized the man sitting beside her, and she leaned towards him. "I don't know if I ever said thanks." James grinned as he looked up, his eyes taking a moment to place her in his memory. "James, remember?" She stuck out her hand towards him.

Oriadin
May 9th, 2003, 02:09:02 AM
It took a second for it to click, especially since his mind was on something else.

--Ah! Ms James Prent!--

It had been a long time since the two last spoke. Infact, her first day at the Jedi Order. They'd exchanged a glanse at the Jedi party a while back but that was it.

It clasped her hand within his own gently and shook. His free hand placed over the back of hers to add extra warmth to the gesture. His face lit up with a rather large grin.

--Your looking well, how are things with you?--

James Prent
May 10th, 2003, 06:10:22 PM
The five foot tall padawan grinned, and replied, "I'm doing okay. Learning a lot, really." James was looking... active. Her thin runner's body was lean as ever, but was gaining a new sense of musculature with all the defensive training she'd been undertaking with her master.

A lightsaber was not a weighty weapon, but the other things she'd been using to work on her technique with were. Yet, under the glaze of health, there was a...stretched undertone. There were circles under her eyes, as if she hadn't been sleeping well lately.

She withdrew her hand from Oriadin's grasp, and took her namana juice from the bartender. She eyed it suspiciously and sniffed it. "You ever tried this stuff? Seems to be all the rage with the padawans, but I'm a little wary of new things."

Oriadin
May 10th, 2003, 06:47:39 PM
Oriadin smiled and scratched his head nervously. He then shook his head and picked up his glass.

--Im afraid not. I tend to stick to water. Keeps me fresh and alert. So, I assume you have yourself a master now? Who is it and how are you finding it?--

The Knight was pleased to have something change his train of thought. He especially enjoyed catching up with someone he hadnt seen for some time.

James Prent
May 12th, 2003, 12:27:23 AM
James sipped the juice, and found it to be very sweet. Too sweet in fact. Her face twitched as she set the glass down again. "Jedi Knight Salemn Lysce is my master at the moment. I'm also receiving some combat training from Dasquian Belargic, at present, as Mast Lysce has pressing duties with her other padawans."

She nicked his water out of his hand and stole a sip. "Thanks, this juice stuff is pretty bad." James made a face that caused Oriadin to laugh.

Oriadin
May 19th, 2003, 04:41:10 AM
Ms Prent seemed anything but the shy girl he'd found curled up in the Jedi Temple some time ago. She was more outgoing and confident in herself now it would seem.

--Your master Lysce isnt someone Ive had many dealings with but Dasquian will set you in good steed im sure. How do you feel your training's going?--

It was a shame that her master struggled to find time for James. A problem all too common nowadays with the strain on resources. Oriadin had been involved in talks with Jedi Master Sage Hazzard who hoped to develop and idea to help solve this problem.

James Prent
May 21st, 2003, 09:46:39 PM
"I dunno...y'know? I mean, I don't know how anyone else's training is going either. I guess I'm doing okay though..." James leaned against the bar and flagged down the bartender again. "Can I get a Fizzyglug?"

The bartender sighed and nodded, walking to the end of the bar where the bottles were kept. James looked back at Oriadin, and smiled a little shyly. "I must confess, I'm surprised you remember me."

Oriadin
May 29th, 2003, 03:54:37 PM
--I take special note to remember the best.--

He said with a smile and friendly wink.

--You know, I have a padawan of my own now. His name is Kale. Perhaps you've seen him around? He's quite... un-jedi like at the moment, but I think he has a lot of potential.

Now, what in Yoda's name is a Fizzyglug??--

He laughed as the drink was brought before the young woman.

James Prent
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:56:29 PM
The carbonated beverage came in several flavors, but Yog's only carried a dark caramel colored one called "cola" or something similar. James pushed it over to him. "I can't explain it, just try it." Her eyes twinkled, and she added, "I don't remember a Kale, but then I don't interact a lot with the other padawans."

Oriadin
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:52:59 PM
Oriadin gave the class a queer look as James slid it over the bar surface. He picked up the glass and swirled it gently under his nose to get a smell from it. It didn't seem so bad. Finally he took a small sip...

--Mmm, not too bad. A bit sticky for me though I think. I'll probably stick to my water.--

James Prent
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:28:43 PM
She smiled as the Knight tried the Fizzyglug, and then accepted the glass back. "Ah well, to each his own." James tipped up the glass and took a big swallow. "Mmm...I love this."

"So, you have a padawan of your own then?" The diminutive twenty year old tried to make some more conversation. "How's that going?"

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:43:30 PM
--So far so good. He's a keen learner from the lower levels of Coruscant. Sejah litterally bumped into him and descovered he was force sensative.

I think the council have it in mind for us to embark on our first mission together. Have you been on any missions yet James?--

Oriadin gave her a funny look as she took a large swallow of her "cola". She obviously enjoyed it more than he did!

James Prent
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:35:07 PM
James nodded, taking another sip and letting the bubbles tickle her tongue. "Well, sort of, anyway," the padawan amended. "When my master and Lillian, her other padawan, were abducted a few months ago, I went with Dasquian Belargic to find them."

James pushed up her sleeve to expose her forearm. "If you'd seen me three months ago, the synflesh was still peeling up from my injuries. It was hard, and it was painful, but not really a 'mission', y'know?" Her arm was perfectly healed, and she shoved her sleeve back down, placing her hand around the perspirating glass of Fizzyglug. "But all's well that ends well, eh?"