PDA

View Full Version : My Training (advice please)

Syrius Cline
May 8th, 2003, 12:29:25 AM
Howdy. Thanks for reading, I need some input. Might be a little long of a thread but I need help, so please read.

This is my last official training:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=28539

As of yet, unfinished. Now, I've always tried to RP this character very slowly and realisticly. In his first thread(long time ago. I can get a link if asked for it) he learned, I believe, to get into the Force. Not sure though. If he did, it was only enough to see murky shapes and feeling. Now, this thread was meant to be him training to fully get into the Force. Completely and without a doubt able to get into the Force. However, due to RL circumstances, Xazor has not been able to finish this thread as of yet. Now, I fully support that. She should take her time and finished everything off-line before getting to on-line stuff. I'd do the same. But, I'd like to ask if I may perhaps work out something...

Could it be possible for Syrius to go on in other threads, training, and assume he already knows how to get into the Force? Perhaps assuming that thread is finished(as he did get into the Force in the last reply). Sort of like filling in the blanks. That thread being finished later but it the time frame, it happened before threads going on currently. In fact, I suppose that isn't even nessacary, as I believe Syrius already tapped into the Force in his first thread, though it wasn't fully.

So could it be allowed for me to start other threads of him training himself, asking for assistance from experienced Jedi, and etc.? In fact, Syrius will never be a telekinisis man. Much like Corran Horn, in fact. He's going to be a big pre-cog, sense enhancement man. So all the training I'd be doing, before that thread can be finished, would be sensory enhancment and other non-telekinisis stuff. Though I might have him try it a bit and suck at it.

So the problem is, I'm stuck because Xazor can't reply yet(and I understand why and fully support her), but I might not be stuck because I think the essensials are already covered. But this is big, because if I can't resolve this some way, he can't really continue. It's a major, perhaps biggest, building block to becoming a Jedi.

Thanks for any advice, suggestions, thoughts. :)

Pierce Tondry
May 8th, 2003, 08:47:27 AM
When I find myself being held up by lack of a particular person replying, I usually skip past the thread in question and make another with someone else, assuming some small progress in the interim between the two threads. That way, when the first person comes back to the other thread, I can resume it without lost time.

My reply to you, then, would be that your plan is already in use by me at least. :)

Xazor Elessar
May 8th, 2003, 12:47:26 PM
I'm sorry for your slow training, Syrius -- really I am, but RL sux for me as of late. :(

I'll get to it once things are wrapped up (and they will be soon). :)

*huggles*

Thank you sooooooooo much for understanding and supporting me. :)

Xaz'
:angel

Navaria Tarkin
May 8th, 2003, 12:58:59 PM
happens to everyone man... move on and do other things to round out your character. I've done it too :)

Sage Hazzard
May 8th, 2003, 11:19:26 PM
Cool. Just wanted advice because I've always wanted to look back on Syrius and say... that dude earned his Knighthood. I don't want to skip ahead unless there's a reason. I was originally inspired by hearing stories of somebody(I don't want to embarress them or single them out, because I don't they that person likes that, so that person will remain nameless. ) who took their training real seriously and started as a true Novice and really RPed super realisticly.

Oh, Xazor, I understand completely. I'm hoping to make things easier on you actually. I know from experience that when I can't be online too much I feel real crappy about not replying to threads in record time. So just think of that thread as a back burner thing and just come back and finish it with me when you have the time. Maybe in the summer or something. :)

Syrius Cline
May 9th, 2003, 01:21:44 AM
Okay, thought I'd use this instead of making a new thread asking for help, as I need a teacher since Xazor is busy.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29263

I want, in this thread, to learn how to absorb energy. Atleast the basics of it. I'm unsure weither or not I should learn how to do it skillfully, or just grasp how to do it and practice repeatedly on it. This will be one of Syrius main abilities, along with pre-cog(danger sense) and general senses of emotions and presences. So I might have him grasp it pretty well, as I might have it instinctual for him. In other words, blaster bolt hits him and he knows he can absorb it(through gaining the knowledge it's possible), so he does it. Though big power surges would be more difficult and learned later.

Also, I might have him be able to redirect it into telekinisis ala Corran Horn.

So any teacher that'd be willing to help, I'd be thankful. :)

Kelt Simoson
May 9th, 2003, 05:20:55 AM
Posted Syrius, hope Kelt can help :)