PDA

View Full Version : Who Am I?(closed, invite only)

Videl
May 7th, 2003, 09:24:03 PM
P.O.D-Sleeping awake

Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe your vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?

Define the riddles of my mind
Nothing is strictly what it seems

Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Sleeping Awake
Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel what I feel?
Do you see what I see?
Do you feel like I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping...

Can you see it? The writing,
Can you tell me what it means?
Translate the symbols, Enigma
Expressions keep questioning me
The message is written, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody Listen?

Prophesy, interpretate the signs
Nothing is really what it seems

Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Sleeping Awake
Dreaming of Zion, Awake

Do you see what I see?
Do you feel what I feel?
Do you see what I see?
Do you feel like I feel?

Do you see what I see?
Can you hear what I hear?
And do you see what I see?
And do you feel like I feel?
And can you dream like I dream?

Do you see what I see?
Can you hear what I hear?
Or do you feel like I feel?
Or do you dream like I dream?
Anybody see me?
Anybody hear me?
Anybody feel me?
Anybody out there?!?

Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Sleeping Awake
Dreaming of Zion, Awake

Do you see what I see?
Do you feel what I feel?
Do you see what I see?
Do you feel like I feel?

Anybody see me?
Anybody hear me?
Anybody feel me?
Anybody out there?!?

Videl looks down from the roof, surveying the people below her. They go about their day to day lives while she remains unnoticed. But unlike them, they know their past and their purpose. This thought had always bothered Videl, she had never fit in and she didn't remember much before a certain age. She just wasn't like anyone around here, lately that had irked her thoughts more and more. Who had she been? Why was she trained to fight as she did? In her rage, she jumped down and without a moments hesitation, drew her katana and cut down the people within the reach of it. Their screams fell upon deaf ears as usual but she didn't pause for long. Instead she just ran in one direction and cut down anyone that happened to be in her way, she just didn't care anymore.

Videl
May 8th, 2003, 04:01:02 PM
It wasn't to say that she couldn't remember anything, she did remember every last moment of her assassin training with Namu and Okami, learning every skill she had to to survive in that harsh world. It was because of those two masters, Videl fought as she did, hand to hand stemmed from Namu and weapons from Okami. She could remember every detail about them, even the scars they had, what bothered her was the faces and details she couldn't remember. Those dark forms that she could remember no shape to. Even as she tried to think of them, a flash of pain shot through her brain, making the Sith Master pause mid strike in her rampage. Her victims scattered as the Sith held a hand to her forehead.

Why can't I remember?

Videl
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:54:29 PM
She laughed grimly, everytime she tried to remember, the pain came immediately, something there she wasn't supposed to remember she supposed. The dark shapes without any real form had something to do with it though she didn't know what, the pain always stopped her. Her fist slammed into a nearby wall in her annoyance, cracking it all around the strike point. She laughed grimly again, no pain whatsoever from that, the only pain she ever felt was in her head with old thoughts. Odd that, her body seemingly deadened to pain except there. Lucky me. She thought to herself Destined to not know who I was, just great.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:16:21 PM
:: Sorsha could sense the pain of conflict within Videl as she approached. She stopped at a distance just beyond blade's reach. Though they were allies of late, it was too soon to believe that they were anything more then temporary ::

"Tell me, Videl ... what ghosts speak to you when you're alone?"

Videl
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:24:20 PM
"Ghosts?"

Did she mean the shapeless ones I can't remember?

She put her hand to her head as pain shot through it again.

"Not sure what you mean."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:12:25 PM
"We all collect ghosts, Videl. It's in our nature. You can see them, if you look."

Videl
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:39:51 PM
"I still have no idea of what you mean."

Her hand was still to her forehead, her head was stinging now.

"Explain what you mean...."

Sorsha Kasajian
Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:04:18 PM
"Let me show you."

:: Sorsha touches Videl's face, held it in both hands gently. Without warning, a million voices scream as fingers tear open the sky, red light shining through the shredded veil as ghosts fly all around them, howling and wailing. Sorsha's grip was easy to break if she wanted to, but it was her eyes that held Videl where she stood. They were like black mirrors, and she could see herself reflected in them. Not as she was now, it was Videl the child she saw staring back at her in Sorsha's dark eyes ::

Videl
Sep 4th, 2003, 04:31:28 PM
A sleek black felinoid stands on a rock, taking in the nearby landscape. His jade green eyes stare intently at nothing, a slight smirk showing his razor sharp teeth. It’s rare to see a smile from this one but something new is the cause of it. The small scraping of something moving causes his ear to twitch then turn in the direction of the sound. A small form with matted spiky mud red hair tries to get it its feet. Oddly enough as the head turns, the face of a young girl comes into view. One eye is swollen shut but the other glares defiantly. She flicks her head to the side as bit of blood drips from her wounds into her eye before growling in annoyance.

The felinoid turns his head showing now prominent scars over his left eye and the side of his face but the smirk never leaves his features.

“Still got some fight left in you, runt?”

The girl coughs up a bit of blood but wipes it away with the side of her hand, she had been here about a month, been through every sort of torture but still defiant as ever. She doesn’t answer him, preferring to still growl instead. She was one of the few at such a young age to survive, most her age died or broke severely under the strain. He couldn’t help but smile at this one, finally one strong enough to deal with his sort of training. He couldn’t wait to see how she turned out that is if she lived through it. He chuckled softly, the girl looked on the verge of passing out but still wanted to fight, 3 hours of beatings hadn’t daunted her one bit.

“Not out yet, Namu?”

A growling voice asks, causing the felinoid to turn his head toward the sound. A silvery grey muzzle poked out from the hood of the cloaked figure who was approaching, many scars marred it up when he pulled back the hood, much worse ones came to light. Scars marked his entire muzzle and face along with the fact that a large chunk was missing from the tip of his right ear. The hilt of a sword could be seen over his shoulder but it remained in its scabbard for now. His eyes narrowed for a moment before looking over at the girl, seemingly not impressed as he looked back to the feline.

“They want you back at the base, sent me out here like a naszil lapdog.”

He said, growling loudly, obviously annoyed with playing messenger but he had no choice in the matter. Namu looked calm and unbothered by the comment though, still watching the young girl.

“As they wish.”

He muttered before walking over to the girl and before she could move, punched her hard in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her and knocking her out as well. He threw the child over his shoulder before walking back with the wolf.

Horobi
Sep 9th, 2003, 04:51:26 PM
:: Horobi waits for Namu and Okami back at the camp. Another band of children had been brought in from another night of burning. It would be interesting to see which ones would survive. Which ones were strong enough to become demons ::

Videl
Sep 9th, 2003, 07:54:32 PM
Namu and Okami get back to camp but Namu keeps Videl over his shoulder, seemingly not wanting to let her down. This much is true, he doesn't want them to harm this one, he sees great potential in her and doesn't want to lose that in her death. Videl is still out, hanging over his shoulder limply. Okami looks to Namu once but shrugs it off, it isn't his problem so he doesn't care. Somehow though he knows Namu won't let go of Videl till he has to, Namu has a glint in his eye that Okami has never seen before.

Videl
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:26:20 AM
Videl stretched several hours later and winced, that wasn't the best of ideas it seemed. Every part of her body ached, feeling as though it was on fire. She shifted anyway before opening her eyes a bit, blinking as the usual sight met her eyes. Black fur dotted all over with dark spots came into view as it had so many times before. It had been this way since the day she had met the furball. It had been a few months since that day but she still remembered it well like it had been yesterday.

The large group of kids had been cowering against her when they had been pushed out of the vechile they had been in. She had watched curiously as the gruff, untidy looking bunch of adults had come into view. They all had a murderoud look about them but Videl was the only one out of the group to stand her ground as the first of them came towards her, craning her head back trying to see under the figure's hood. Glowing eyes and sharp white teeth flashed from within it but she didn't move even as it reached out with a clawed fingers, picked her up at arms length and looked her over. The creature, whatever it was had spoken in an unknown language to her before tossing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She had waited unfraid until the beatings began when he sat put her down. Still she had never made a peep, not a whimper, a scream, nothing, she took it and watched him with an emotionless look in her eyes. He would smile at her a lot as if he knew something she didn't and the end result was always the same, a knockout blow to put her to sleep for a bit.

So again, she found herself in his lap, her head resting on the crook of his arm, his arm around her in a protective gesture. Namu had always been this way with her, he kept her until they made him let go. Videl never knew why but she knew anyone who messed with the feline ended up a corpse within the day. She looked around for a bit more before sleep took over again along with the pain, safe for now in the felinoid's arms again.

Videl
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:13:48 PM
Several years had passed, the girl was no long a child any more and now a young woman, not that one would have noticed though, she didn't show it. She was generally cloaked, head covered by a hood and a bit of the cloak over her face so only her eyes showed, not a sign of the shapely body she now had. Her name gave no indication either, it was a mixing of the letters of devil which sounded more male to most.

For the most part, all they saw was a smaller figure beside the two hulking form of her masters, Okami and Namu and barely any of them dared to get near those two. They were the top fighters of the group that trained the little assassins of the who later would be the mercanaries of the those ones Videl would not be able to remember later. She knew of them now still, they were the ones that performed the spells that hurt in the early morning until about noon. She didn't understand what they did but she withstood the pain either way.

For now, She walked beside Namu and Okami for a day of battling against some of her peers to test their skills. She sneered a bit as they neared and she saw the group was mostly male, Videl had a dislike for all but Namu and Okami since all others brought pain. Sure her masters did too but she respected them, they had shaped her into what she was after all.

Soon, she found herself facing a lumbering creature of sorts that was to be her first opponent. She watched him idly, sizing him up. He outweighed her by a good 100 pounds, a piece missing from his small lion-like ears and a scar marred his left eye but Videl was paying no attention to that. Her focus was on the large sword over his shoulder and trying to guess what else he carried.

She didn't have long before the beast of a teen male decided t attack, she sidestepped and grabbed his arm to bring him into a knee jab to the ribs to knock the air out. He groaned in response before lashing out, she dodged and lashed out with a kick. She was still just green enough though that she was caught before it could connect. He hauled her up and upside down which of course caused her cloak to fall and reveal her form. He raised an eyebrow before muttering "A girl?"

Okami looked to Namu at this point but he was too busy watching his charge. Okami heard a thud followed by a cry of pain and turned back to look back. Videl was on the ground holding a bloodied dagger while the male was holding his leg which now had a gash from knee to his stomach, hitting a few other parts along the way. Videl was sneering but there was a gotcha look in her eyes. Okami chuckled softly, Videl had meant to be caught it seemed. Either way, the fight was done for now as they dragged off the male for treatment, Videl's turn would come again soon enough.

ttt

Videl
Jul 7th, 2004, 12:55:11 AM
The next match finds Videl jumping and dodging a lot but for good reason, her opponent's foot long claws are not something she rather reckon with. Her face is her usual serious one, her eyes intently watching the other's movements while her hands are behind her back under her cloak but hidden from view. Without warning, she lunges forward, hands coming into view just before something sinks into her opponent from both sides just under his ribs. Videl leaps back and smiles wryly while her opponent falls to his knees then down face first, four knives sticking out from each side, Videl had gotten him with her own version of claws. After a moment, she saunters over and removes them before stowing them back behind her back again as always. She watches silently as her victim is dragged away for treatment, the fires dancing in her eyes.

Videl
Sep 13th, 2004, 11:29:27 PM
OOC: bored so this is going in other directions of my choosing....

IC:

Now it seems I’m fading
All my dreams are not worth saving
I’ve done my share of waiting
And I’ve still got nowhere else to go
So I wait for you to
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Seems you’re wanting me to stay
But my dreams would surely waste away
And I still have nowhere else to go
So I wait for you to
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Push me under
Pull me farther
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Push me under
Pull me farther
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Now it seems you’re leaving
But we’ve only just begun
And you’ve still got nowhere else to go
So I wait for you to
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Push me under
Pull me farther
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Push me under
Pull me farther
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

And I’ve been waiting so long

So I wait for you to
Take me all the way

Push me under
Pull me farther
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Push me under
Pull me farther
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

So I wait for you to
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

Videl is in the shower years later, eyes wide open but staring at nothing, lost in her own thoughts. A red tinge drips from her hair and down her body into the drain as she washes the aftermath of the day away, a day that like any other ending drenched in blood as always. Conditioned to kill without thought or reason, trained in all manner of weapons and combat, she was trained to be nothing but a killer. She had never had a choice in the matter, forced upon her when young before she really even realized it. Cold eyes had always been there though, no fear or pain ever showed in them, only indifference, hatred or bloodlust. Infused with the ability to feel no pain except with certain memories she wasn't to remember and an incredibly fast healing time from the anchient magic spells from the ones she wasn't allowed to remember. There was no one she feared, rarely did she care for anyone's life not even allies were really safe.

She was to be feared but that never stopped the looks she had always gotten anyway. As she was sitting on an outcropping in the shower, legs pulled up so her chin rested on her knees, all vunerable looking it was easy to see why. When she wasn't scowling or killing someone, the hardset features melted into the ones of the striking creature she could've been. The normally spiked out in all directions hair now framed her face. The smile that could've melted men's hearts and the like would never grace her features though. Nor would they ever see the body that now was so evident here. Even so, the name stayed as those who had dared to cross her soon were found in the throes of death. All leading the name she had earned in many sectors of space, to be known as the Fatal Beauty.

Videl
Sep 13th, 2004, 11:58:08 PM
Trust me
There’s no need to fear
Everyone’s here
Waiting for you to finally be one of us

Come down
You may be full of fear
But you’ll be safe here
When you finally trust me
Finally believe in me

I will let you down
I’ll let you down, I’ll
Finally believe in me

Trust me
I’ll be there when you need me
You’ll be safe here
Finally believe in me

I will let you down
I’ll let you down, I’ll
Finally believe in me

I will let you down
I’ll let you down, I’ll
Finally believe in me

Never want to come down
Never want to come down
Never want to come down

(Down, let you down)

I will let you down
I’ll let you down, I’ll
Finally believe in me

I will let you down
I’ll let you down, I’ll
Finally believe in me

For now the images of the night's events coursed through her mind, all the carnage she had caused...

Like most of the followers of their bloodlust, Videl sometimes fell into bounty hunting/contract killing when otherwise unoccupied. The marks had never seen it coming, shock still had crossed their features even death. The seemingly detached from the world at the moment woman smiled wryly at the thought.

She had strolled into right in their midst, right through the front door. Shouts of "halt there!" and "don't move!" had met her ears as the guards raised their weapons. She remained still while they looked her over, mostly covered by her cloak, a pair of high heeled red shoes could be seen beneath it while a highly done-up Videl watched them cooly. Her hair was smoothed out to frame her face, a few tendrils drooped down over her eyes and pouty red lips. They regarded her for a few moments curiously, wondering what was up with this woman, was she friendly or a threat? With time, they dropped their guard to approach her, a big mistake but at any rate, they would be learning that fact too late.

The closest was met with a high heel thrust kick which drove one of the heels into his head and spiking deeply into it. The guards then started to arm again but too late, she was reaching behind her back for the many weapons that resided there. Both hands darted out to the side as two long swords fatally gouged their way into their victims. The remaining two looked at her fearfully for a moment before one made his move, raising his gun to fire. But the woman was no longer there, instead he soon felt the cold metal kiss of her blade slit his throat, sending a spray of blood in its wake. The last took one more look before trying to run away but soon was met with a knife to the back which threw him forward to the ground. But he wasn't given much time to do anything more as the heel again met with braintissue as she ended things for him.

Many more had died like this on her way to the main mark. When the door to his office fell in with a mighty crash, gone was the demure looking girl that first met the guards in the front room's eyes, a completely different sight met his eyes. She looked very demonic like now, eyes blank and lifeless, literally dripping blood that was splattered across her face as well and a twisted smile crossed her features. But he didn't have much time to register anything before the creature leapt onto his desk with enough force to crack it in two while bringing her sword into his skull and not stopping until the the blade sunk in to the hilt and stopped it from going any further.

The hunter leapt off the desk, landing in a crouch, hair covering her face, looking at the floor for several moments while only her heavy breathing was heard. In time, she rose, eyes back to their normal cold glare as she strolled right back out again the way she had come.

Videl
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:27:47 PM
On another night, Videl is seen mostly as only a blur while another follows behind her, blurs clashing and darting away from each other from time to time, blood falling in their wake. Videl takes a leap off the top of the building she had last been clashing on to gain a little distance, slowed a little with this, a gash on her cheek is now visable, blood flying up as she descends. Other wounds must grace her hide but none of them is seen underneath the folds of her cloak. Soon though the ground starts to rush up to meet her but no worry show's in the huntress' eyes. She lands on her feet, the blow to the aspalt from her hit sends it up like a black wave all around her. But she doesn't stay there more than a moment, off again to gain a little time in this fight of her's.

Her mark follows close behind, a hunter who has marked her as well so one should see their death by night's end. Her prey is no less bloody than her but doesn't seem to show it as he strives to take her down. Suddenly though, Videl changes direction and sweeps past him. The man laughs softly, he'd got her. Or had he? He coughs then, blood spurting the ground as more ebbs out from his wound, this one would be his last as the man falls and lies still as a stone.

Videl stands a few feet away, sparks dancing in her eyes but otherwise looking coldly as ever. Then without a look back, she departs, fading into the shadows.