PDA

View Full Version : First review of the Matrix : reloaded

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 10:13:29 PM
http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4459,6396539%255E10431%255E%255Enbv,00.html

It's what I regard as spoiler free, nothing that you havent seen in the trailers.

Mu Satach
May 6th, 2003, 10:33:55 PM
~begins mantra~

*I will not get hyped.*
*I will not get hyped.*
*I will not get hyped.*
*I will not get hyped.*
*because high expectations lead to misery*
*I will not get hyped.*
*I will not get hyped.*
*I will not get hyped.*
*I will not get hyped.*

takes a deep cleansing breath

~ I am now one with the movie-verse. ~

Figrin D'an
May 6th, 2003, 10:35:11 PM
I'll admit, I'm a bit more interested now than I was several months ago... but I'm still not super-hyped. Maybe that's a good thing... *shrugs*

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 03:18:40 AM
Ive seen reviews at AICN :)

Most seem to say if you liked the first one you'll like this one, but others may get confused.

Although one raised an intresting point. If Neo can stop loads of bullets, why not loads of AGent Smiths? :)

Leeloo Mina
May 7th, 2003, 06:17:26 AM
Cause it just doesn't work that way! ..or something. :lol

I'm semi hyped about this, it looks cool but I hope it isn't crappy.. I really liked The Matrix, but I'm not so sure I want there to BE a second movie.

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 07:43:03 AM
I thought the trailer was alright if you removed the parts with Neo. Then, you don't get Superman, and you dont get the 100 Agents rubbish (Watch them all run at Neo so he can run sideways in a circle in a dumb move that isnt even reallyt a fight move, but will get fans gushing about SFX and kewl fights;)).

Ryla Relvinian
May 7th, 2003, 09:47:49 AM
It was one of the few scenes shot outside Australia, on a stretch of freeway built on a former naval base in Oregon for $5 million, and required 2000 camera shots and computer "tweaking".

Finally! Something not lame is filmed in Oregon.

Then again, I haven't seen the movie, so... :)

But seriously. My BF has been absolutely nuts about this movie (that's what you get for dating a geek... :) ) but I am finding a hard time getting excited about it. I'll still go see it, probably opening day, but I' not feeling the excitement like I was for, say, X2 or even HP2. (Isn't that sad?) I guess I just liked the first Matrix so much that the idea of ruining it with another shot of Reeves trying to emote just turns my stomach.

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 10:03:34 AM
Hey Ryla, don't diss Oregon. Best comic book writer and one of the greatest actors ever live there :)

Charley
May 7th, 2003, 10:05:48 AM
Not to mention, great beer. Rogue's Dead Guy Ale is rad.

As for M2, meh. I'm sure it'll be a dandy eye-candy spectacle, but I doubt that it will be as intellectually stimulating as the first one.

They REALLY need a SHODAN option in the Matrix. That, I would pay to see over and over.