PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic 4? 11/4/2004!

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2003, 01:50:04 PM
According to Avi Arad, that is the plan :)

Im glad they went for 04/04. Only shame is, next year has 04/04/04, surely the perfect date :D

Taylor Millard
May 6th, 2003, 03:16:06 PM
Save for the fact April 4th, 2004 is a SUNDAY! :mneh

Droo
May 6th, 2003, 03:55:57 PM
I do think the movie industry is really milking the superhero/comic adaptions down to the last drop. Don't get me wrong, this could be a great film, just wish they'd space out all these movies more.

Admiral Lebron
May 6th, 2003, 06:06:27 PM
Oh. I thought you meant November 4th... which is like a billion times better then April 4th...its a thursday as well.

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2003, 06:13:38 PM
Yeah, but 04/04/04 has a ring to it :)

And Dru, what is happening is all the licences that were waiting for something good to happen are now being unleashed. X-Men, Blade, Spiderman, Daredevil, Hulk, F4, Ghost Rider.....they were going to be made, no matter how films had done before.

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 07:26:57 PM
Not another frelling superhero movie. and one on a bunch that SUCKED. This is an automatic no go.

Admiral Lebron
May 6th, 2003, 07:42:27 PM
The human torch owned. Whats your problem?

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 07:46:03 PM
Oh BS. It was crap. The Fantastic four was godawful.

Mu Satach
May 6th, 2003, 07:49:24 PM
An F4 has been in the works for evah!
I've got a few mags at home with cast pics and a ton of info on a version that was all set to start filming and then got axed.

F4 is in the same boat as Superman & Catwoman with me... I'll believe it when I'm sitting in the theater and the opening credits begin.

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2003, 08:37:58 PM
F4 is my favorite actually so I hope it happens. I love Dr. Doom he makes Magneto look like a minor villain. To get it work I think they need a big actor, I think George Clooney would be a great choice for Reed Richards he would get people into the seats.

Taylor Millard
May 6th, 2003, 08:53:32 PM
I dunno who'll portray Doom though.

He'll have to speak in 3rd person though. :lol

But yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2003, 08:58:41 PM
LOL I am not sure about Doom he is tough to cast. I once thought about Gary Oldman since he is great at villains. Maybe Jermey Irons?

Morgan Evanar
May 6th, 2003, 08:59:17 PM
I don't think F4 will transition to the screen well.

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2003, 09:00:45 PM
I think it can, it has to be done right. The hardest part will be the Human Torch that will require some major SFX.

Taylor Millard
May 6th, 2003, 09:03:26 PM
Irons I agree would be great. Or Alan Rickman. Both of those would be good.

And Human Torch would prolly have t'be all SFX, except for when not 'Flamed On'

JMK
May 6th, 2003, 09:06:45 PM
It could be a great comic movie if it were cast right. But like alot of others, I'll believe it when I see it.

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2003, 10:03:20 PM
Its been in development hell forever, it has gone through three scripts and working on #4. One script I kid you not, Doom turned into the Statue of Liberty, thank god that one got rejected. Not sure who is writing it now. I am not even sure who the director is Peyton Reed has been listed for a year but I heard rumors Columbus might be directing it.

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 03:25:59 AM
He's only producing it now. I think he got tired of trying to work to a budget :)

jjwr
May 7th, 2003, 06:28:45 AM
As someone else had mentioned, tone back on the Superhero movies, the market may get oversaturated with them and dry up if they're not carefull.

As long as they're quality movies they'll do well but once they start cutting corners and putting out crap and assuming people will go then its all gonna go downhill.

As for me, I've never liked the Fantastic Four so this is one I'll skip in the theatres.

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 07:46:25 AM
I like Doom and Thing, so I'll be there :)

Taylor Millard
May 7th, 2003, 07:52:13 AM
It depends on who they cast as everyone. I'm willing to give it a shot, definately. Remember, we were all wondering about MacGuire as Spidey and Jackman as Wolvy. I personally, think both did an excellent job.

So I'll give it a shot.

'Sides...both Thing and Torch should look cool :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2003, 11:42:46 AM
I have always like the Human Torch and Dr. Doom is the best Supervillian ever in the comics so it could be a great movie.

Figrin D'an
May 7th, 2003, 12:57:01 PM
I have to agree with Mu... considering how long this one has been in the works, and all of the re-writes, I'll believe it when it actually opens.

I've never been a fan of the Fantastic Four... so, I guess I'm not that excited about the project.

Mu Satach
May 7th, 2003, 06:34:56 PM
I like the characters well enough. I mean the Thing is just flat out cool. After that, Sue is ok... ok, for what she was when they made her... (though somewhere I've got a F4 comic with Sue packin a mighty big gun all buffed out and the like)

They are not my favorite characters though. The F4 crew always struck as something like Marvels version of the Donna Reed show.

Taylor Millard
May 7th, 2003, 07:13:40 PM
Well they pretty much are, I suppose. 'Comic's First Family' and all.

'The Donna Reed Show' just with superpowers :D

And some guy who keep saying, "DOOM!"

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2003, 09:19:11 PM
LOL Doom is the reason the comic works so well :D

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2003, 11:46:38 PM
It looks like they want George Clooney for Reed Richards

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15158

That would be cool he has the hair for it :) I heard some rumor about Renee Zellwinger for Sue but I don't think that will happen, maybe they should go with Charlize Thereon or Naomi Watts. Have no clue for the Thing, Johnny Storm either. Doom is tough Irons, Oldman, Rickman, or Jason Issacs could all work though.

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2003, 10:31:43 AM
It HAS to be Clooney, IMO. He's the perfect Reed, and he's a big enough name to sell the film.

And as an aside, Harry of AICN talks a lot to Avi Arad, so this is a VERY likely thing :D

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2003, 11:55:18 AM
I agree Clooney would be perfect, he also would get people in the theaters to see it. Also I thought of somebody else for Doom what about Ralph Fiennes? He could play a great Doom.

Taylor Millard
May 8th, 2003, 12:10:17 PM
I'd see Theron as Sue Richards :D

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2003, 12:12:11 PM
Why does Doom always end up English? He has no connection to there! ;)

Oldman would be best, Rickman second, because they can do the accent. IMO :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2003, 12:21:21 PM
Maybe English actors make the best bad guys :p I would like Oldman he could easily pull it off, Irons would work too though lately he has been playing some really bad parts.

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2003, 12:29:03 PM
I for some reason like the idea of Damon as Human Torch.

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2003, 12:31:05 PM
I think he cost too much honestly. I have heard other rumors namely Paul Walker who would work if he hasn't gotten too expensive.

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2003, 12:33:26 PM
Never seen a film with him. Just please God, not Owen Wilson :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2003, 12:36:16 PM
God no. And Walker fits Storm's character, they could also go with somebody cheaper and younger. I also heard rumors about Hayden doing it, but I don't think he can fit into his schedule.

JMK
May 8th, 2003, 09:12:32 PM
As much as I think Walker is a crap actor, I think he looks the part for sure.

Droo
May 9th, 2003, 05:10:30 AM
I wouldn't like to see Walker in this film if they want it to be taken seriously. I have to fear that with Clooney involved it would become a comedy more than anything else. It would be just another Batman and Robin in which Clooney plays another cool character a la his Bruce Wayne or his character from Ocean's 11. He plays that type of character well but I have never seen him do any impressive acting.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2003, 06:18:20 AM
I feel Clooney is the most versatile actor around. The person you speak of is nothing like, say, his character in Welcome to Colinwood, or the one in Three Kings, or The Perfect Storm, and I doubt the same as him in Oh brother where art thou. To me he could play ANYONE if he wanted to.

Droo
May 9th, 2003, 08:50:40 AM
Only two films I have seen him in are Batman and Robin and Ocean's 11. To me he seems to have this constant benign grin on his face which screams out "Woohoo! The cameras are on me and I'm ACTING! Woohoo!" He makes me aware that I am watching an actor at work. I'll have to see his other films, I'm very interested in that new one, set in space, can't remember the name of it.

On a related note, I think McGregor is the one of the most versatile actors around, as is Jim Broadbent.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2003, 09:10:20 AM
See, I disagree on McGregor. I think he's good at what he does though.

And Clooney in Oceans 11 was acting great a man oozing charm. See Out of Sight, you'll see him in similar, but in an all round better film.

Droo
May 9th, 2003, 09:20:56 AM
But I don't see that as acting. I think Clooney comes across as quite a charmer anyway you see. I'd like to see him play a very different character. By the way, has Solaris been released yet?

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2003, 09:43:55 AM
Yeah, ages ago.

And you dont want a Charmer? Welcome to Colinwood, Perfect Storm and Three Kings should do the job.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2003, 10:16:26 AM
Dru - you can't make assumptions on a man's acting abilities when you've only seen two movies with him in it. Sure, the characters in the two movies were KIND OF similar (although a con man and a superhero are sort of VERY dissimilar :lol). But that doesn't mean that's all he can do.

His Solaris character was interesting - definetely totally different from Danny Ocean. Three Kings - again, very different. A Perfect Storm - different again!

No offense, but don't say he can only play one part, or I'll have to keeeeel you. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2003, 11:24:24 AM
You could watch reruns of ER and see his versitility there. To me Clooney is a very good actor, you can't blame Batman and Robin on him, it wasn't his fault the script stunk.

Mu Satach
May 9th, 2003, 11:46:28 AM
Agreed, Clooney is one of my favorite actors. His performance as Bruce Wayne was just about the only thing I enjoyed out of that miserable tripe called Batman & Robin.

Solaris, O' Brother Where Art Thou, Welcome to Colinwood, A Perfect Storm, Out of Sight, each contains a very different performance by him. There's no way Daniel Ocean & Ulysses Everett McGill could ever be called similar except they both look like George Clooney. :)

Janus Versa
May 9th, 2003, 11:54:16 AM
I hope you Clooney people are right then. For the sake of the Fantastic Four!