PDA

View Full Version : My boomspeed account exploded

Zeke
May 6th, 2003, 06:49:26 AM
Seems they decided to erase it because they have all these free server people and decided to kill mine to save them trouble or something. So now I've got all this sig-ness with no hosting. Help?

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 07:15:45 AM
How many sigs do you need hosted and stuff - GJO's server you can use. There's crap loads of room.

Zeke
May 6th, 2003, 08:09:14 AM
I dunno how many. I'll hafta look when I get home (sneaking around during class right now) but I need all my characters rehosted, and a few that I don't own and hosted for others. The Jedi of them are Zeke, Wei Wu Wei, Liu Fong, Lillian Snow, Sola Paz...and I think that's it. Logic too, unless you already GJO'ed him.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 6th, 2003, 11:25:34 AM
still find it odd how this happened, my offer to host is still up there dear......

Dae Jinn
May 6th, 2003, 09:06:17 PM
it did that to me too, so...:x It said it was because I didn't have images on my boomspeed site or some crap.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 6th, 2003, 09:13:32 PM
o_O I'm seeing his sig as working.....o_O

Sanis Prent
May 6th, 2003, 09:26:21 PM
hard refresh and purge your cache.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 6th, 2003, 09:30:20 PM
still see it.....o_O

Dae Jinn
May 6th, 2003, 09:38:57 PM
Pick up your monitor and shake it really hard and it'll go away...:) If that doesn't work, put some magnets on it.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 6th, 2003, 10:20:19 PM
plah, I dunno why but I can see it, I purged my history and my cookies but if I right click and hit show picture, it shows.....

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 10:25:18 PM
Zeke, email me what you want nailed up.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 6th, 2003, 10:28:41 PM
haven't seen him since this morning honestly....*wonders what's up* :(

Zeke
May 6th, 2003, 11:08:22 PM
Email 'em? Okay, expect it tomorrow. It's 1 AM now and I'm about to hit the sack...spent all day making a big afro! I'ma take pictures and post 'em eventually.

Kwiet Ideya
May 7th, 2003, 02:32:37 PM
Hey Marcus, it would be a useful thing if you'd PM the Zeke account your email address so I could send those sigs over. Should I send just Jedi sigs, since its the GJO server, or all of 'em?

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 02:40:40 PM
Dae, I think you'll find it is because they have space for websites, and you're just using them for storage. I'm going to make a webpage now, to save myself :)

Leeloo Mina
May 7th, 2003, 03:42:22 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
Pick up your monitor and shake it really hard and it'll go away...:) If that doesn't work, put some magnets on it.

I did that.. and now I can't see what I'm typing! :cry

Anyway, Are there many free hosts left?

I don't like the way boomspeed is, and clanpanges hates me... just wanting to know if I had more options ^_^;

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 7th, 2003, 03:47:56 PM
*made a cruddy index page* :D

Dae Jinn
May 7th, 2003, 04:47:07 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Dae, I think you'll find it is because they have space for websites, and you're just using them for storage. I'm going to make a webpage now, to save myself :)

....and you're going to let me steal your HTML? :D

I think it was because my account was stuffed full -- and they said it was only a 30 day thing anyways :lol

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2003, 04:59:46 PM
It's only gone for 30 days?

Dae Jinn
May 7th, 2003, 05:15:02 PM
That's what it said in the email I got. It's like suspended or some crap. *shrugs*

edit -- I'll check out my old account, and post if it works or not.

It's still disabled. So I have no idea what's up. :\

Zeke
May 7th, 2003, 10:31:43 PM
Well...Marcus has my Jedi fix, and Sorr's got Zeke...so that leaves the signatures of all my rogues, darksiders, and miscellaneous that I'm hosting for other people. -_-; ::hunts webspace::

Marcus Telcontar
May 8th, 2003, 05:18:24 AM
To all Jedi - hosting for Jedi sigs can be done on the GJO server. I dont know about other sigs tho... maybe. I'll need to check bandwidth usage and space, plus what Yog thinks.

I'd love to open a free for all server, but that costs money I dont have.