PDA

View Full Version : Tell me....

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 12:30:18 AM
Is recruiting spam like this allowed in the PM system?

I was looking around and saw your sig and posts. they are cool!!! I thought u might be interested in joining a private rpging group whose members are old star wars talk city rpers like grayblade emperor telemon jedi master kwan gin kenobi and roseoftatooine. its REALLY cool and they really need new members especially hunters, sith, etc. the rping is really quality and fun. email me if your interested.

person is the account it was sent from and there are no posts witht he account

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2003, 12:42:45 AM
It is spam and our FAQ does say that PM spam can lead to banning.

Empress Ashiva
May 6th, 2003, 12:47:36 AM
Other people at the Shrine have recieved this exact pm also. Soth has recieved two of them that have the same wording, the other was slightly diff, talking about his bio....

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 12:47:57 AM
Consider the spam reported.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2003, 12:48:57 AM
If multiple people are getting said spam, please inform an admin of the user name they are coming from so that administrative action can be taken.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2003, 12:49:35 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Consider the spam reported. With no user name, I can do nadda. :p

EDIT: ^_^; I just missed it in your initial post since it was such a generic name. Thanks Ashiva :)

Empress Ashiva
May 6th, 2003, 12:50:36 AM
The name of the one who sent the PM is called "person"...

Taylor Millard
May 6th, 2003, 12:51:06 AM
I told the guy (whose name is person btw) that I wasn't interested. He thanked me and asked if I knew of any other.

I haven't replied, nor will I.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2003, 12:58:46 AM
I have banned the user and sent an email explanation. He/She had no posts under any other accounts as far as I could ascertain.

Failure to read and understand the FAQ is not acceptable, especially when posters bring such violations of the FAQ to the attention of the staff.

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 01:01:43 AM
person is the account it was sent from

See? I did :p

Thanks your your prompt attention as per usual :)

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2003, 01:02:50 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
See? I did :p

Thanks your your prompt attention as per usual :) Heh, yeah, I just edited my previous reply.

Navaria Tarkin
May 6th, 2003, 01:23:59 PM
yep... I got that email from 'person' as well an account of mine. good to know it was taken care of already ^_^