PDA

View Full Version : Into the city (open)

Southstar
May 5th, 2003, 09:27:01 PM
Southstar waited in the docking bay Maxim had told him to only a few hours ago. Tonights plans were to head into the city not far from the palace, grab a drink and cause a little chaos.

Southstar watched a small space bound craft take off. Soon Maxim would arrive and they would be on their way but until then he let his mind wander into the mysteries of the darkside.

Maxim Vasilijev
May 8th, 2003, 02:56:42 PM
Maxim was only a few minutes late. He’d run into Lady Vader in the hallways and for a moment, under her stern gaze, almost reconsidered going. But in the end, he hadnt been able to resist. He’d stay out of trouble. Maybe.

In the end, trouble followed him, and it didn’t matter where he went or what he was doing. It would find him.

“You didn’t pick out a speeder yet?” He asked, his gaze roaming over the speeders members of the order were permitted to use.
He wanted one of his own eventually – and he knew exactly which make and model he’d want.

A cocky grin spread over his features - a display that besides his normal scowl, a friend of his would come to know - and more - to know that behind it was a kid who wasnt really so cocky after all.

Behind it was a normal kid who just wanted to be more than he was. And one day, he would be. But for now, he was struggling along with the best of 'em.

Southstar
May 8th, 2003, 09:08:09 PM
Southstar broke away from his thoughts and turned to see Maxim had entered the docking bay. "No, I haven't." He saw Maxim grin and noticed a change in his feelings through the Force.
Southstar thought a little about the Sith and why he was there and why Maxim might be there... A topic of discussion for later on.
"You can pick one, doesn't make a difference to me."

Maxim Vasilijev
May 27th, 2003, 12:09:51 PM
A broad grin broke over the apprentice’s face. He was rather familiar by now with which speeders were available for use and which ones were personal crafts. His friend and fellow apprentice Rast, who spent a lot of his time in the hangar bay repairing his own bike had been rather helpful in this aspect.

Maxim moved without a break in stride over to the corner where Rast kept his bike. Near this were several owned by the order – speeder bikes that were not all that often used. And he moved to sit astride a bright red one with heavier chrome than any speeder bike should probably sport.

“Feel like racing?” He asked, nodding towards the other two that remained – a bright yellow or a somewhat subdued royal blue.

Southstar
May 30th, 2003, 11:08:07 AM
Southstar had some experience with speeder bikes and hadn't raced in a while. He nodded and jumped on the royal blue bike and fired it up. He waited for Maxim to ready himself and as soon as he did Southstar gunned it and took off across the hanger bay and past a sharp turn which lead to the exit outside.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:29:40 PM
Out on the roads that led to the city below, the two Sith opened the engines and let the speeder bikes race along the open space. The wind whipping alongside them lent to a sense of freedom. And both likely knew about the radar trap that lay ahead. And neither of them cared.

They both saw the officer flagging them down, but neither moved a finger toward the brake.

And there wasn’t any way the officer was going to catch them. Not with the speed of their bikes, and certainly not with a bit of help from the force.

It didn’t take long to get into the city and park the bikes in a crowded lot. And then they were on the streets of Coronet.
Maxim tossed the keys in his right hand before gripping them and shoving them into his pockets.

“You know a good place to go?” He asked as he turned to Southstar.

Southstar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:50:31 PM
As they parked Southstar turned his head to see if the officer was even visable in the distance, no luck. He got off the bike and slid the keys into his pocket.

He shook his head and spoke, "Nothing here I recognize..." He said as he scanned the packed area again and spotted a couple of attractive young ladies entering a club. He nudged Maxim and pointed in the direction of the girls. "How about there?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:31:16 PM
Maxim’s gaze had been following the same sight that Southstar’s eyes had.

“Looks as good as any other….” He replied, nodding in acceptance of the suggestion. A wicked grin might have passed over his features. Yes, he did seem like a cocky young man.

They made their way across the parking lot to the entrance of the club.

“Sorry, this is for VIP cardholders only.” The security guard stated as he blocked the doorway.

Maxim gave Southstar a quiet look, assuming that the fellow Sith probably had the same idea in mind. Not violence…not…yet…at least. But a simple mind trick would likely do the job.

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:37:53 PM
"Yeah, and we just gave them to you, and you approved." Southstar said as he wandered into the filthy mind of the security guard. "I believe you were going to let us through." Southstar added.

"I, uh... Yes, go right ahead Mr... I seem to have forgotten your name already. My apologies." He managed to get out.

"All is forgiven. We can't all be as intelligent and good looking as my friend and myself. Someone has to be the idiot to make us look good." Southstar said as he walked in the club, Maxim following closely behind.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:31:43 PM
Maxim grinned. It was a cocky grin, for sure. He was plenty used to this sort of thing. Mind tricks had been the one thing he’d done since he’d been a kid. Back before he’d ever known it was through a simple nudge of the force. But more, what made him so amused was Southstar’s last comment.

And the expression on the security guards face moments later when he realized what had been said to him.

Inside the club, the music blared from every direction. He’d been to plenty of clubs before, and for a brief moment, recalled a good friend from school, Keira, who he used to go to these sorts of places with. He really had to get in touch with her soon.

His thoughts were distracted soon enough. He and Southstar were in line for drinks when a few women approached them. It was clear that they were looking for someone to buy them drinks, and Maxim didn’t really have a problem with it.

“You guys from around here?” One of them asked as she took a sip of what was left of her drink.

Southstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:08:22 AM
"We are." Southstar turned and said in response, "Just outside the city." Southstar then left the conversation and searched the area with the Force. He was picking up a Force signature besides Maxim and his own.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:05:14 PM
Maxim had felt it too, and his gaze reluctantly left the women to turn subtly in the direction from where it seemed to emanate. Though not fully trained, his master had begun to teach him such things, and even when he was out relaxing, these lessons followed him.

The girls kept chattering, not seeming to notice that the two Sith had lost interest for the moment.

Maxim turned back to answer one of their questions rather absently.

“Hey buddy, you want a drink or not?” The barkeep called out to Maxim, who stood closest to the bar.

Maxim turned, losing the signature in his distraction.

“Yeah, two from the tap.” He replied, before turning back to Southstar.

“You know who it is?” He asked, relatively sure that Southstar had picked up on it as well.

Southstar
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:07:10 PM
"Nope." He replied, "Unless it is someone skilled enough to hide their Force signature... Hopefully it won't be too much trouble." Southstar took the ale from the barkeep and walked with the girls to a table.

"Glad to finally get out of the palace." He said as he sat down, "I've had enough of practice for the day."

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:40:11 PM
There was much giggling as the girls took the seats in between them, laughing and whispering amongst themselves.

Maxim half raised his glass in a toast of agreement.

"I hear that..." He replied, before casting an occasional glance back in the direction that the force signature had come from. He had been working on such things with Lady Vader the other day - learning to mask signatures, and now that he understood what it took, he was conscious of the fact that a lack of signature did not mean a lack of presence.

"What have you been working on lately?" He asked.

(ooc: Ya might want to change the title to make it open. Or do you want me to invite anyone in to play the part...?)

Southstar
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:24:45 PM
"I've been experimenting with improving my mental speed. As far as I know, no one has done it yet." He said, "It seems pretty dangerous though, I don't want to completely fry my brain....So what about you, how training been going?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:57:22 PM
Maxim shrugged.

“Training has been fine.” He replied with a shrug.

“I like it, I just wish I was through with it already, you know?”

And he was sure Southstar did. It was knighthood he wanted, and mastership eventually, but at least, at the very least, to be knighted.

“So how do you work on mental speed?” He asked, wanting to know all there was. If there was a way to learn, to gain an advantage, he wanted to know it.

Southstar
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:13:57 PM
"Well, I'm not sure of any specific plan to do it. I guess I'm just winging it for now." Southstar thought back to the excercises he had crudely designed. "You know how to use the Force to amplify your body right? Well I've been trying to apply that power to my mind in order to think and come to conclusions faster. If I reach a state of meditation I think much faster than I do normaly. I want to bring that speed to be the norm." Southstar wasn't sure how to explain it and whether or not Maxim understood. "The desired end result would be to think as fast as a droid. Probably attainable at a master ranking."

Maxim Vasilijev
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:48:55 PM
Maxim got the gist of it. But he wasn’t much of a meditation kind of guy. Though…hearing this from Southstar – a peer within the order that he genuinely respected and admired, he somewhat reconsidered his aversion to it.

“That sounds like an interesting theory….” He replied, considering it for a few more moments.

“You think meditation really works…?” He asked. His tone of voice was not one that carried arrogance as it often did, but rather this time, a genuine curiosity.

Southstar
Jul 24th, 2003, 11:00:39 AM
Southstar thought about all he had accomplished through meditation, mainly the organization of his thoughts. "Yes, I do think it works because is gives you time and opportunity to organize your thoughts and reflect on what you might have done wrong."