PDA

View Full Version : DEATHS in EU: who, when, and where

MasterPewter
May 5th, 2003, 02:28:39 PM
OK EU is no stranger to big time deaths which is ok by me. Starting with Chewie then Anikin. not to metintion other jedi and non jedi . My question is this. Who will Die and when I am not talking about supporting Characters (ie Winter) But the likes of luke leia twins ...... If you want to speculate on others thats fine.

Jedi Master Carr
May 5th, 2003, 02:53:31 PM
My bet is Mara it would be a huge blow to Luke, plus Luke saw him alone with Ben in the future. Also I think Ackbar will go probably in a blaze of glory. Other possbilities, Garm Ilm Bils(sp) has to go sometime, Lando maybe, Kyp and Coran; one of those two jedi might fall, Han is possible though I hope not, and Pellion I think he could go out fighting the Vong on his ship the Chimerra. Can't think of any others but they could shock us by killing off somebody else.

MasterPewter
May 5th, 2003, 04:26:49 PM
I think Ackbar will devise some great plan then be found dead in his sleep while the opperation is in full swing. your right about pellion.

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2003, 05:49:45 PM
Admiral Pellaeon will most likely fall in action. Possibly alongside Admiral Ackbar, two ideaological adversaries united in war by the want of peace, falling together, the final soldiers in a long-past conflict.

Admiral Lebron
May 5th, 2003, 06:19:48 PM
But they win right?

Jedi Master Carr
May 5th, 2003, 06:31:17 PM
I am sure the Alliance will win, I can't see them having the Vong win.

MasterPewter
May 5th, 2003, 06:36:02 PM
Well we can rule out Luke untill Ben becomes a Jedi. Mara Jade maybe in the final book. Leia Not likely for a while, for her, most-likley old age. Han I could really see him dying in the NJO books. But with him Goes the Falcon. The twins Jacen in som sort of maryterism, Jaina just pure numbers stacked against her. Kyp soon. thats it for now.

Marcus Telcontar
May 6th, 2003, 03:07:50 AM
And herein lies the problem - a good book is not marked by who dies, but by plot, structure and writing ability. I see the use of big name deaths as a gloss over the lack of real plots and real story writing ability so many of the EU writers have shown.

Most of the EU are not good books - far from it.

Jedieb
May 6th, 2003, 09:16:34 AM
I just can't believe they seriously considered killing Luke off at one point. That would have made me drop the series alltogether. But if I had to place bets I'd go with characters like Ackbar, Palleon, and Kyp. I don't think they'll be messing with any more main characters, not even Lando. It's a shame he's been so underused.

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2003, 09:29:14 AM
Also I think they will kill off most of the bad guys Omni, Shimirra, perhaps Nom Amor he might be the biggest death in the last book.

Admiral Lebron
May 6th, 2003, 05:56:26 PM
Nom Anor would be very tragic. I like him. He is a true player of the game.

Jedieb
May 6th, 2003, 06:17:48 PM
They've GOT to kill Nom Anor. I want him dead not because I think his character is a poor one, but because he's been such an effective villian. He's got to pay for what he's done and I'd like to see it done with a lightsaber.

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2003, 08:51:27 PM
His character his gettting more interesting he could possibly survive but I doubt it really. Not sure who will kill him, probably Jacen.

Lion El' Jonson
May 13th, 2003, 11:41:57 PM
I refuse to acknowledge the NJO series.

I think the books are total crap. The Vong DON'T belong in the Star Wars Galaxy. Besides that, my favorite writers (Zahn, Stackpole) have wisely stayed out of it. Another thing that bugs me is the age of the characters. Some of the former council members should be shriveled bodies like Vima Da Boda. Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, and several others from the Battle Of Endor are getting way too old to still be fighting. The technology the Vong utilize is ridiculous and completely unsuited for the Star Wars Galaxy. Before the NJO series, the most extreme alien creatures we got were the Hive Mind Verpine and some slightly insane humans...now, we've got ORGANICALLY GROWN SHIPS? GRAVITY SHIELDS?

NO NO NO!

Well, that's my rant against the NJO series...as for who I think will die: Well, I don't think Ackbar or Pellaeon will die. Both of them are major characters, but not major in a way that would alter the course of the books enough to make it worth killing off either of their excellent characters. Garm Bel Iblis is another character that is too useful to kill off. My money is on Kyp Durron. He's had enough brushes with death and the dark side that the afterlife is practically screaming his name.

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2003, 12:59:12 PM
Stackpole has written two NJO books. Zahn hasn't written a SW novel in years. He is finally coming back with the Outland Project series of books.

Lion El' Jonson
May 14th, 2003, 07:01:53 PM
Ah, I forgot about the Dark Tide Series...

Outland Project? Eh?

Park Kraken
May 14th, 2003, 08:58:30 PM
Outland Project? You aren't talking about the Outbound Flight thing are you? With those Jedi Masters going outside the Galaxy?
I think that Baron Soontir Fel will bite the dust, along with Syal Antillies, probaly just before Wedge would be reunited with her.
I think Kre'Fey will bit it. My idea of Bothan Genocide is Politicians running around hitting people with canes.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 14th, 2003, 09:03:47 PM
:lol

For some reaosn I find that funny...

Outland Project? You aren't talking about the Outbound Flight thing are you? With those Jedi Masters going outside the Galaxy?

That's the one, and I can't wait for it. Zahn is the Star Wars King.

As to who will die... Not sure. I'm only half way through Vector Prime, and have only read "Dark Tides 2: Ruin". Haven't had the time nor the funds to read the other NJO books. :\

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2003, 09:26:49 PM
Yeah I had X-Men on the brain :p Yeah it was that the one with Grand Admiral Thrawn there are suppose to be about three books dealing with that and other issues that take place during the Clone Wars.

Lion El' Jonson
May 14th, 2003, 10:41:24 PM
The Outbound Flight project was taken down by Thrawn. I don't really see how Zahn can write so many books about a task force of Jedi Masters, but...hell, he'll make them good.

Outbound Flight Project was the original Jorus C'Baoth, was it not?

Park Kraken
May 15th, 2003, 08:13:34 AM
Yes, along with several other Jedi Masters. I wonder if Mace Windu is among them?
Anyways, the Emporer originally sent one of his right-hand men with a 40-ship taskforce of the latest combat warships the New Order had to offer, and set up an ambush for the Jedi Masters. Thrawn, while patrolling Chiss space with 13 old clanky Patrol Ships, came upon the ambush being set up, and slaughtered the entire taskforce down to the flagship. The Leader managed to convince Thrawn that the Jedi Masters were a threat, so Thrawn awaited Outbound flight, and destroyed it. Then the Chiss were so angry at Thrawn's actions, that they banished him to planet, where Admiral Parck found him, and brought him to the Emporer, where he recieved the rank of Grand Admiral, and so on and so on.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2003, 12:42:56 PM
I doubt Mace will be one of them as he will die in Episode 3. Maybe another Jedi that we know like Kit or somebody, a lot of them will probably names we never heard of I would think.

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2003, 02:43:53 PM
Ya, I doubt that Zahn would put an end to half of the Jedi Council aboard one ship.

Maal Lah
May 19th, 2003, 02:44:41 PM
Who will die? 2 to 1 Kyp will die and on or both of the twins. They prob wouldnt kill Han, Leia, or Luke. I;m also thinking that probably Jagged Fel will die. I dont know why, but i just have a premonition.

Park Kraken
May 20th, 2003, 10:39:38 PM
I have a premonition that either Kyp or Jag will die, Jaina will go beserk and come close to dying. Jacen and Danni get married, and/or Danni dies. Finally, either and/or Wedge Antillies, Kre'Fey, and Bel Iblis die.

Maal Lah
May 21st, 2003, 02:32:30 PM
If any aithor kills off Wedge, I will hunt them down and force them to watch the Holiday Special over and over again...

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:35:29 AM
Mmmmmm.....Holiday Special...Singing....

*Gets smacked*

Yes, I'd be immensely disappointed if Wedge dies. His squadron lended a ton of character to the books.