PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to have a "spoiler quote" tag

ReaperFett
May 5th, 2003, 05:44:48 AM
Because this X2 thread helps me realised just how long a process it is to make them. Also, they keep screwing up for precisely no reason

Shawn
May 5th, 2003, 08:30:42 AM
It's possible but really... just type it out. If you're actually quoting the post, it'll include the spoiler tag with it.

And it's probably "screwing up" because you need to put the opening and closing tags on the inside of the quote tags. Again, quoting the person's post will do this properly.

ReaperFett
May 5th, 2003, 09:38:38 AM
I dont quote posts because Im replying to many ;)

I was having the font change for no reason at all, I was closing tags and the next thing was in tags and tags were getting ignored. If you can see how many edits someone did, I think I was in double figures :)

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2003, 03:53:44 PM
Short answer, not easily.

Like Shawn said, if you quote an entire post (with spoiler tags in it), it will include the spoiler tags for you in the quoted section.

Shawn
May 11th, 2003, 05:28:45 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I dont quote posts because Im replying to many ;)I reply to several posts at once. I open the quote button in a new tab, copy the parts I want to reply to and paste them down in the quick reply box. It works rather efficiently. Especially since the method you're describing would still involve copying parts of someone's post and pasting them into the reply form.