PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Of Learning

Sage Hazzard
May 4th, 2003, 09:55:32 PM
Outside the council chambers a man was burning a hole in the floor. His constant pacing was more a distraction to others than a aid in his own thought organization. Relizing his poor restraint, he forced himself to take a seat.

The speech was on play, rewind, repeat in his mind. He'd written it somewhere, though had misplaced it now. Instead he improvised, improved, and overhualed everytime the speech started again. The idea was firmly in place in his mind. It was the means of communicating it to the council that was the difficulty.

"Master Hazzard, they asked me to send you in," a grey hair Jedi woman accompanied with her Padawan said to Sage as she herself exited the council chamber.

His head snapped up, out of his own thoughts, and examined what she had just said. It was his turn.

"Thank you," he said with a nod, taking the door from her hold.

She bowed honorably and her Padawan took after his Master's action. Sage replied in kind, though his eyes were already looking through the crack in the doorway.

Alright, Hazzard, just speak from the heart he coached himself, finally pulling the door fully open.

As he took his place in the center of the room he looked each council member in the eye as a recognition of respect and bowed low.

"Esteemed Jedi Council, I address you today without request for military aid, warning of danger, or report of grave occurence. Instead I bring to you a vision of improvement. I hope you come to think the same way on my proposal."

He paused to let the members of the council soak in his words and prepare themselves to commit fully to his speech. Letting out a long breath, he continued.

"For long we have taken in recriuts, named them Padawans, and assigned them to Masters. However, as you must all know from personal experience or shared stories throughout the Temple, this does not always occur as smoothly as invisioned by our founders. Instead Padawans often wait in limbo without training or instruction. Milling about the halls of the Greater Jedi Order seeking education from any source avalible, without a ryme or reason to their search. How can we expect these young hopefuls to take our place one day, and take on the mantle of defenders of Peace and Justice, if we cannot instruct them what that means in the early stages of their development? We cannot, nor should we. I propose a solution and a foundation for improvement in generations to come."

He drew a deep breath again and let it out.

"A Greater Jedi Order Class structure. One committed to taking in new recruits, teaching them our basics, and ushering them onto Masters when they are ready. Giving our recruits knowledge should be our main priority, for it is them that we pass our cause onto. For us to turn a blind eye to those that would inherit our name, Jedi, is to turn in our robes and lightsabres now for it is only prolongling the inevitable."

Bowing respectfully, he placed his hands inside the cuffs of his robe and awaited response.

Ryla Relvinian
May 5th, 2003, 10:53:36 PM
"Your words are strong, Master Hazzard, but I hope I am not the only one who agrees with them. There are many of our ranks who become easy prey for those that would oppose us, and something should be done."

I shifted in my seat and continued, looking intently at the young Master before us.

"So tell us... what do you propose to teach this group, and where should those that take them on as Padawans pick up? I would suggest a basic hand-to-hand combat class, personally speaking, and perhaps an introduction to the Force?"

I was anxious to hear his response. This Master had always impressed me, even as a Padawan myself, for his new ideas.

Sage Hazzard
May 6th, 2003, 12:25:50 AM
"Yes, I agree a basic combat course would be in order, as well as an introduction to the Force and it's more novice level abilities. I would think a sabre course could be tought along with the hand-to-hand. Enough so the Padawans learn to work the tool and grasp the building blocks to mastery of it. I also propose along with these two courses a phylosophical class where Padawans can expand their minds through examining situations they will one day face. However the former two are the most crucial,"

He continued after drawing a breath.

"I would propose assignment of teachers, volunteer Jedi, to run each class. It would allow our most experienced Jedi to pass on what they know best and connect with the newer generations even further."

Helenias Evenstar
May 11th, 2003, 03:15:37 AM
"It is acceptible, so far" I said

Navaria Tarkin
May 11th, 2003, 10:01:51 AM
"And I agree, but what are the plans on assigning students to these classes? While teaching larger classes will be more efficient, some of the other students might be lost in the mix and not taking care of properly."

Sage Hazzard
May 13th, 2003, 01:12:00 AM
Sage nodded thoughtfully, agreeing with Navaria.

"I propose that we seperate the Padawans into groups. Let me say... 6 to 8 per group. Then, as an example, we will have three classes, and thus three groups. When all groups are done with a class they rotate onto the next one, each group taking a group's place. When all groups have finished each class, we start anew with new Padawans. If we incur an overflow of new recruits during this time, it may be wise to create a secondary class structure with three different groups and three classes. Though that would be implemented only when unavoidable."

Ryla Relvinian
May 13th, 2003, 08:28:50 PM
"Yes, this is an excellent and well thought out plan. Should you need a teacher, I am always interested."

Figrin D'an
May 13th, 2003, 08:37:29 PM
"A well conceived plan. What is your plan for current padawans, already under the tutilege of knights and masters? Would there be a "grandfathering" clause in this proposal, or would they be required to take the class schedule along with new recruits?"

Sage Hazzard
May 13th, 2003, 11:49:47 PM
"I thank you Master Relvinian. I will keep that in mind."

Sage turned his thoughts to Figran now, hearing his question.

"I think perhaps Padawans already under tutilege should be allowed to perticipate as they wish. If they'd like to go through all of the classes, it is highly encouraged. However I think it would be permissable to allow Padawans to sit in and obsearve if they wish to do only that. Or perhaps join in only one class."

Sage paused again before speaking.

"I also think perhaps there should be a new rank, an entry level rank. Initiate. The rank of Padawan should, in my opinion, be held for those with Masters. Until a recruit goes on to a Master, they should be considered at initiate level and sent through the class structure to graduate onto the rank of Padawan, and thus to a Master. Also, I would like to recommend that perhaps the avalible tutors, Knights and Masters, could come to the teachers of this class structure and ask which initate would be best for them to take as a Padawan. Though this would not be mandatory, it would allow for those who wish to teach Padawans who share similar traits and are compatible."

Navaria Tarkin
May 14th, 2003, 02:40:39 PM
"Well thought out indeed ..."

She mused.

"... current Padawans should have the right to go through more training. I find that acceptable, as with everything said so far Master Hazzard."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:33:04 AM
Dasquian nodded,

“Agreed. This idea will be most benefitial.”

Estelle Russard
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:25:58 PM
Estelle also nodded her agreement.

This was sound planning and she waited to see if she could
assist in any way.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:58:58 AM
OOC : Kicks thread upwards

Figrin D'an
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:57:31 PM
"You're plan has my support, Master Hazzard."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:11:41 AM
Sage again dipped his head in respect.

"Thank you Council."

He raised again.

"I have presented all that I can at the moment. This is the idea in it's essence. It's implementation may arrise difficulties unforseen, but I am confident I can theorise ways to overcome them. Now then, am I to assume I have the council's full support and are green lighted for instituting this? Or are their questions that wish to be answered?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:45:50 AM
"It seems that any questions that needed to be answered have been done so. This is an important addition to our Order. More time should be spent by setting it in motion, Master Sage. Just keep the Council informed of your progess as the need arrises."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 16th, 2003, 12:25:47 AM
"Certainly, ma'dam. Thank you. I'll send the next one in behind me."

With that, Sage turned on his heel and went to the door.