PDA

View Full Version : It's the emotion that walks the line(open)

The Deliverator
May 3rd, 2003, 10:54:59 PM
The emotion that makes him feel at once lower than the weakest thugs in the galaxy and mightier than the strongest Jedi.

He feels like despite the bike parked outside on the moonlit street, and despite his resistance to illusion, that he's nothing. He's a pathetic insect compared to the more accomplished members of this universe. There are men and women making names for themselves right now. People learning to do greater things. People who own powerful companies and are rich beyond imagination, and people who can take on three guys at once and walk away without a scratch. People who are happy with themselves. Where is he? In a bar, starind down the bottom of a beer bottle. He hates himself for it.

But...though he feels that the fastest speeder bike in the world is worth nothing, and that his resistance to illusion means squat to the world, he feels god-like because of it. He's untouchable by any speeder known to man. It takes a starfighter to catch him, and even then, he's more maneuverable then it is. Jedi and Sith alike can't hoodwink him with illusions or mind tricks. He sees through it with an astonishing clairvoyance. He loves himself for it.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with myself?" he says to no one in particular. "I'm living on a single minimum wage paycheck, my bike needs maintenance...and to top it all off, now I'm talking to myself."

He looks out at the night cityscape of Coruscant with a sigh.

"Maybe I'll never get over this..."

Sola Paz
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:50:19 PM
Sola sensed the man before she saw him. Through the force she had a certain sensitivity for emotions and he was emanating a wide variety of somber ones.

She was tempted to send him some comforting feelings through the force, but she didn't even know him and didn't want to hurt him more then help. So instead she walked over to him and joined him in looking out over the streets.

"Isn't it peaceful? The flow of traffic the rythmn of the city. Everything fits, has a specific purpose, whether they know it or not."

The Deliverator
Jun 17th, 2003, 10:29:19 PM
"Yeah, it is peaceful. But then again, I just got off my shift."

Deliverators are known for throwing the order of speeder traffic into perfect chaos. Especially this one, as he is the best of them all. The best at a low end job.

"If you're the best of the worst, what does that make you?"