PDA

View Full Version : George-y [open]

Hayes Muirso
May 3rd, 2003, 04:02:03 AM
Coruscant dog pound was a place over-looked by most people. Hayes, however, was not one of these people. Almost exactly a year ago he had visited the saddening place and adopted a young pup whom he promptly named George. It was a Nek, a cyborrean battle dog bread specifically to hunt and kill. George's former owners had wanted the pup to be a vicious killing machine; however the mutt was much more interested in playing fetch and thus was abandoned.

Perhaps the main reason why no one had took him on before now was the simple fact that he was a meter tall, from his shoulders to the ground. Hayes expected that by the time he was full grown he would be two meters tall, and the now stubby claws and fangs would have lengthened too - hoodwinking all who saw the gentile thing into thinking he was a savage beast.

Originally he had gotten the dog for self protection, although now it didn't seem as though he would need to defend himself as such, so was happy just to have George around for company. As was the case on one Coruscant morning, when the Padawan strapped on George's leash and headed out into the LQ to take the pooch for a walk.

Sola Paz
May 4th, 2003, 11:28:11 AM
Sola was walking through the LQ hallways and saw a man with a rather large, but innocent looking puppy. She smiled and said, "Aww how cute.. What's his name?"

It looked inncent to her because she was used to mean scraggly mutts looking for scraps on the streets. The fact that the dog looked happy and well cared for made it look safe to her and she smiled at it's playful wagging tail.

Hayes Muirso
May 4th, 2003, 11:35:26 AM
The sight of a new person caused George to tug more firmly on his lead. As the immense dog did so, its strength almost knocked Hayes over.

“This is, ah, George.”

The dog still bore some of its metallic implants, in particular on its stubby tail, which literally hummed as it swept back and forth in the air.

Sola Paz
May 6th, 2003, 11:25:43 PM
"Hi George..." she heard the strange humming and asked, "Is he safe?... I mean is it alright to pet him?"

Hayes Muirso
May 7th, 2003, 12:29:16 PM
“He is now.”

No longer able to contain George in his excitement, Hayes let the leash slip and the dog nuzzled its muzzle up into Sola’s hand happily. There were cybernetic traces even on its face – on the bridge of its muzzle, in the form of faint traces of gun-grey metal beneath its dark fur.

“… He’s a nek. They’re bread to be a help in battle. Poor Georgey here was failed as a soldier, for being too timid.”

Sola Paz
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:30:46 AM
"Aww, yeah this lovable dog wouldn't scare anyone." Sola kneeled down and used both hands to happily scratch George's head.

She then stood and said, "I don't think I've met you yet, well there's alot of people i haven't met. I'm pretty new here. I'm Sola."

Hayes Muirso
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:34:30 AM
Offering out a friendly hand, whilst taking up George’s leash in the other, he replied:

“I’m Hayes. Pleasure.”

Sola Paz
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:32:21 PM
Sola took his hand briefly in hers.

"Have you been with the Order long?"