PDA

View Full Version : A warning to IE users

Helenias Evenstar
May 3rd, 2003, 02:23:00 AM
http://vibrantlogic.com/new.html

Dont click this link. For those with Mozilla or, like me, Phoenix, click and then reveal source to get a big laugh.

I'm serious! That will crash IE! All I can say is that I have a much better time of browsing since Mark set me up on Phoenix. Yummy.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 3rd, 2003, 02:33:18 AM
That's cruel :mneh

Helenias Evenstar
May 3rd, 2003, 02:50:12 AM
Were you able to see the code that does it? It's hilarious!

Gurney Devries
May 3rd, 2003, 02:57:32 AM
... bwahahahahaha.

<3 Phoenix

Charley
May 3rd, 2003, 03:37:49 AM
I'm ashamed that this does what you say it does in IE. Bill Gates should eat hand grenades.

Helenias Evenstar
May 3rd, 2003, 03:55:42 AM
It's mind boggling that something so simple - and funny - can crash apparently any Microsoft web enabled program. This will apparently also kill Outlook, OE, Frontpage and Office products that are HTML enabled. I got a case of the giggles just considering the code again.

It's true then! Windows does have a CRASH variable! :lol

Leeloo Mina
May 3rd, 2003, 04:23:43 AM
That's it. Right now, I'm getting Phoenix.

Leeloo Mina
May 3rd, 2003, 04:35:43 AM
Omfg

That's just sad.

w00t! *abuses "open in new tab"*

Marcus Telcontar
May 3rd, 2003, 05:53:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OMG, that's a complete classic!

There no bugs here. The infidels are committing suicide on the logic gates of ActiveX. Lies! The stupid infidels...

Seriously, get Phoenix or Mozillla NOW. Consign popups, scripts, spyware tothe bim. http://www.mozilla.com. Phoenix can be found at that link too. Do yourself a favour. I use Mozzy myself and recommend 1.3 final.

ReaperFett
May 3rd, 2003, 07:42:56 AM
Well, I would, but you called me stupid, so I'll just carry on with IE :)

Figrin D'an
May 3rd, 2003, 02:30:19 PM
No offense Fett, but it's reaching a point at which it's now almost dangerous to use IE. It's riddled with security holes... Microsoft releases a new IE6 patch every few weeks, because they find something else that can be exploited by a malicious user. You'd being doing yourself a huge favor by trying out Mozilla or Phoenix.

Morgan Evanar
May 3rd, 2003, 02:50:54 PM
OMFG it works.

ReaperFett
May 3rd, 2003, 03:56:31 PM
Fig, I'm just messing around :)

I'm getting a new comp soon, and THEN I will look at all the options. I'll wait for now :)

Leeloo Mina
May 3rd, 2003, 06:09:08 PM
fett, it's worth it.. I put it off and put it off, then used it on nup's PC and put it off when I goty home.. Then I saw this thread and It took me like 5 mins or less to DL and install it.. :)

OMFG it works.

I had to try it out.. and I had the same reaction. :x

Droo
May 4th, 2003, 08:43:15 AM
Started using Mozilla. It looks atrocious and I can't abide Netscape at all. I'm probably going back to Internet Explorer in about five minutes. Mozilla asking me to start downloading all these plugins and I can't be bothered, if it's so wonderful then I shouldn't have to do all this faffing around.

ReaperFett
May 4th, 2003, 08:46:28 AM
Dru's about to be burnt be anti-conformist fanboys!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Dont kill me, joke;))

Vega Van-Derveld
May 4th, 2003, 08:48:00 AM
The only plugins I had to get were quicktime/java. I would never go back from tabbed browsing. It just makes things sooo much easier to manage. :)

Figrin D'an
May 4th, 2003, 09:15:00 AM
Originally posted by Dru
Started using Mozilla. It looks atrocious and I can't abide Netscape at all. I'm probably going back to Internet Explorer in about five minutes. Mozilla asking me to start downloading all these plugins and I can't be bothered, if it's so wonderful then I shouldn't have to do all this faffing around.

The entire interface is skinable. It's comes with two skins by default, and you can download countless others.

What is it asking you to download? It shouldn't require much.

Droo
May 4th, 2003, 09:18:17 AM
The java download was what it was asking for but all these windows were popping up then redirecting me and about half way through I lost track and thought: "WTF am I doing!?"

If it's skinable, please tell me they have a Windows XP lookalike version. I hate having a clashing interface and yes, I am very much swayed by it's aesthetic quality and appealingness. Didn't like it at all.

Figrin D'an
May 4th, 2003, 09:51:30 AM
Edit > Preferences > Apperance > Themes

There should be two by default, Classic (the Netscape look) and Modern (kinda silvery, closer to the XP theme).

Or click on "Get New Themes" to find others.

For Java, just go to Suns development website (http://java.sun.com).

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2003, 10:32:53 AM
Phoenix > Moz. Built in pop-up blocking = dance all night.

edit: dru http://texturizer.net/firebird/themes.html#Luna

Also, Phoenix is now called Firebird for legal reasons.

Ryla Relvinian
May 7th, 2003, 09:31:13 AM
Oh that is funny. Oh man is that funny.

I am so giving that to my mom. :D

Leeloo Mina
May 7th, 2003, 10:28:30 AM
Does your mom use IE? :p

Alpha
May 8th, 2003, 11:01:58 AM
Ah, me now have Firebird, and I am laughing my head off at the code. :) :lol

Lion El' Jonson
May 11th, 2003, 06:03:46 PM
A helluva long time ago I tried Mozilla, hated it, and switched back to Internet Explorer.

Well, I just installed Firebird, and I can now safely say:

Burn in hell, Internet Explorer...I hate you. :p

:lol

Alpha
May 12th, 2003, 10:35:43 AM
:lol Ah, more converts. :) We have sene the light! :D

Mu Satach
May 13th, 2003, 08:46:33 PM
That page is too funny. I had to open IE just to see it crash. :D

Lion El' Jonson
May 13th, 2003, 09:40:23 PM
This just show that Microsoft Programmers spend too much time playing with their keyboards...and not enough time debugging...

Xenodoros Stormrider
May 21st, 2003, 08:53:02 PM
O______O
That is the simplest code I've ever seen. Makes me think what Microsoft is doing anyway.