PDA

View Full Version : hay d00ds my computer is sucking balls

Charley
May 2nd, 2003, 01:00:29 PM
Pulling up multiple browsers (be it moz, phoenix, IE) and they CRASH AND BURN

Also, sound in quicktime is SCREWED.

Any ideas as to why Satan is peeing on my machine?

Figrin D'an
May 2nd, 2003, 02:26:17 PM
Can't be sure... although, I will say that a while back, I had major problems with my browsers because of Java (no matter which one I tried to use, it would crash shortly after launch). Didn't have a problem with Quicktime, though...

*shrugs*

It could be a lot of things.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2003, 02:27:46 PM
how about...don't use multiple browsers?

:)

Charley
May 2nd, 2003, 02:42:21 PM
And not multitask? Ha you're funnier than bird poop.

ReaperFett
May 2nd, 2003, 02:43:21 PM
How about get a good computer? ;)

Charley
May 2nd, 2003, 02:44:29 PM
Only thing that isn't "good" is my processor (800 p3), the rest has been upgraded periodically.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2003, 04:05:07 PM
hay d00ds my computer is sucking balls

One way to prevent this is to keep all balls as far away from your computer as possible, therefore making it nearly impossible for any sucking to go on.

Lady Vader
May 2nd, 2003, 04:15:28 PM
That reminded me of something I saw yesterday while on the road.

Driving home from work, there was a huge pickup truck in front of me, and hanging from the trailer hook in the back was a set of blue balls. My first reaction was :huh, then :eek, then :lol:lol:lol.

Anyways, just wanted to share that.

Back to fixing Charley's comp!

Um, I'm assuming you've tried rebooting and all that stuff to see if it gets the kinks out?

It might just be that your comp can't handle as many tasks anymore. *shrug*

Charley
May 2nd, 2003, 04:47:09 PM
Yes, rebooting is always the first attempted fix.

And it not being able to multitask is not a normal thing. Degredation of computers is not something to be expected and tolerated.

Pilot Akito
May 2nd, 2003, 08:26:12 PM
Defrag your hard drive, run a virus check, and take two asprin and call me in the morning.

Gurney Devries
May 2nd, 2003, 08:45:16 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Only thing that isn't "good" is my processor (800 p3), the rest has been upgraded periodically. I find Phoenix is more likely to crash on slower computers for some reason. It's just fine and dandy on the beefier boxes.

Morgan Evanar
May 2nd, 2003, 08:46:32 PM
Well, I reformat every three months, more or less.

Marcus Telcontar
May 3rd, 2003, 10:36:11 AM
Phoenix runs picture perfect on both PC's here - and, as I have bitched to Morgan a few times, the PC that has internet dial up conenction is no beefy monster. Mozilla and Phoenix are definantly much better than IE on this poor Celeron 566. with inbuilt 4m video. And a dying 10Gb disk. All it's got init's favour is 256mb that is chewed up quick smart by Photoshop.

anyway...

From what you decribed to me yesterday Charley - you had ad/spy ware that's festered your PC. Defrag aint goign to help. To get full speed, I'm afraid your up for a rebuild. That or do a SP1 re-install to try a clean up.

The lesson today here is that spyware and adware is CRAP. It gets on your PC behind your back, IE has holes in it that are used to install this poo. DO NOT USE IE. I dont care what excuse you have, IE is now a festering, insecure sore. You have no excuse to move to Mozilla or Phoenix immediatly. And simply put, if you saw how my book marks are arranged and tabbed, plus pop up blockers, script blockers, all sorts of cool tools and neat Phoenix skins, there is no way you would go back to IE in it's present form. Tabbed browsing RULES!

Anbira Hicchoru
May 3rd, 2003, 12:59:58 PM
Well, I don't think its spyware, cause I napalmed all the spyware on my system, and its still not workin.

Morgan Evanar
May 3rd, 2003, 02:48:09 PM
Did you get the latest version of Ad Aware or Spybot Search and Destroy?

Charley
May 3rd, 2003, 03:21:48 PM
No I have not. I'll do that soon.