PDA

View Full Version : Trying to hit the big time... (open)

Darren Caerdeth
May 1st, 2003, 03:33:49 AM
Most people dream of becoming a rock star or an actor at some point in their life. Most people realize that a dream is just a dream, and go on about their daily lives. Some people though, decide to grab life by the horns and try to achieve their dreams.

Sadly enough, few ever make it.

Some that do make it, dont until they start getting up in age, and have little time to enjoy the fame. Its rare that a true sensation comes along.

These statistics didnt frighten Darren one bit. After all, how can trying to reach out for his dreams be wasting time when he has all of eternity to waste. And he had the talent, their was no doubt in his mind that he would be the next big thing.

Armed with hopes, dreams, a straw hat, and a guitar, Darren made his way out to make himself a star.

After a few failed auditions, which he chalked up to bad taste on the judge's part, Darren decided to do the next best thing.....

So there he was, on a busy sidewalk near the upper levels of Coruscant, propped up against the wall. On his badly, I mean finely tuned guitar, he strummed out a soft melody while he nodded his head softly as he belted out the words of his song...

"Well I was Drunk...The day my mama....Got outta prison
And I went...to pick her up....IN THE RAINNNNNNNN
But before I.....could get to the station in my.....PICKUP TRUCK
SHE GOT RUNNED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

He strummed faster as his voice picked up, and he prepared to sing the chorus. Passers-by glared at him with discust as they passed, but he was oblivious to this....

He was a star!

Ruufe Shanks
May 1st, 2003, 10:59:41 AM
Ruufe sits to the side, looking pretty pissed off. Darren stole his hat for his music gig. The straw hat waves at the periphery of Ruufe's vision as Darren moves with his music. His messy black hair is bothering him, itching without his hat there.

"Oi, you done yet?"

It's pretty clear to Ruufe that the people don't like his playing very much at all.

Darren Caerdeth
May 2nd, 2003, 04:01:24 AM
The music suddenly stops. Darren turns with a finger pointd at Ruufe.

"No. Not til I get some groupies. You said you were hungry, didnt you??"

Before Ruufe can answer, Darren begins strumming the guitar again. This time its louder, and at a faster beat, leading into the chorus of his song, which was bound to be hitting number one on the charts, as soon as some big wig music person heard it.

"SO I'LL HANG AROUND
As long as you will let me
AND I NEVER minded standing
in the rain
YOU DONT HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN
darlin
you NEVER even called me by my name!!"

Darren was now tapping his foot to the music now. Any moment, adoring fans/groupies would be rushing up to him, asking for autographs and kinky sexual favors, both of which Darren was ready to accomodate for.....

Beat
May 7th, 2003, 09:44:56 AM
One eyebrow raised, Beat had stopped in front of the weird guys, one who was pretty much mangling the art of Music and the other sporting a tacky straw hat.

"It'd be better if you could sing and play well all at once."

Ruufe Shanks
May 7th, 2003, 02:05:37 PM
"Oi, he's doin' better than you could."

Darren Caerdeth
May 9th, 2003, 04:23:39 AM
Darren glanced up from his guitar and stared at the stranger for a moment before glancing back to Ruufe...

"Well, you're the one who's hungry...."