PDA

View Full Version : Tournament sign ups

Fiend
Apr 30th, 2003, 05:55:44 PM
I was wondering what everyone thought of an intergalactic colloseum competition? Run and sponsored by Blastech Industries of course. :D Who might be interested and if there is any other input would be welcome. Please no unnecessary remarks, no hijacking, and if a negative remark is to be made, please put it in a form of constructive criticism.

It would be in tournament form. After viewing the entries, they would get matched up in a series of fights, most against others while a few being involved fighting or surviving some kind of monster of the sort. I've got more but in a bit of a rush and will supply more when I get the chance, please submit your info, criticism or if your interested in it. :D

Wraith Frostmourne
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:38:53 PM
INSANE DUDE! THAT IS PURE GENIUS!

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:39:42 PM
It would be in tournament form.

They never get finished/never really work. Only one, I think was ever completed successfully.

But if ya want to do it, go for it. =)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:09:06 PM
Hey, it's worth a try. And count me in. Wei's not one to fight if he can help it, but a tournament is something he'll fight in. It's all in fun and you can make some good friends to boot.

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:16:21 PM
I would like to be in it, but I am not sure how my character will be developed by then. The idea is great, but as Snack said tournaments are often abandoned and left unfinished. Sounds fun, and if my character is actually going by then, I will join for sure. I'll edit/reply before you get this started to let you know if I can be included.

Charley
May 1st, 2003, 01:15:09 AM
:thumbdown

If there is one binding constant that I've seen in my 4 years here....TOURNAMENTS DO NOT WORK...ever.

That is all.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 1st, 2003, 12:28:39 PM
Yes I agree with Charley. HOwever! You are free to try to make it work. :D

Fiend
May 1st, 2003, 02:15:06 PM
thanks, I'm gonna try it, if it flops, I'll try my hardest to keep it going. I'd like to know who's interested, if those who are wouldn't mind posting in this thread please thanks. :D

Sean Piett
May 1st, 2003, 04:08:09 PM
Originally posted by Wraith Frostmourne
INSANE DUDE! THAT IS PURE GENIUS!

Hahahaha!

Alpha
May 1st, 2003, 04:25:44 PM
:D I'm in. :D

Charley
May 1st, 2003, 04:28:38 PM
And in other news, Hitler reduxes the invasion of Russia, because it sure worked for Napoleon!

sarcastic naysaying aside...if you want this to work at all, you're going to have to structure and organize to the nth degree, and such organization is difficult to keep up as time progresses.

Dios Kane
May 1st, 2003, 05:26:20 PM
I understand that, I got plenty o time at school, its gonna be down pat, I assure you :D thanks

Ansatsu
May 4th, 2003, 12:24:32 AM
I'm in.

Pierce Tondry
May 4th, 2003, 12:37:51 AM
Chucko.

Devote this miscellaneous time you have to RP posts you've been neglecting instead of naysaying and let him try it if he wants.

P.S. Less sarcasm is more becoming.

Sage Hazzard
May 4th, 2003, 01:31:12 AM
Heck, I'm down for tourneys. Especially if you're the one doing all the hard, behind the scenes work. :D All I have to do is whack people on the head. :)

Is there a limit to how many characters you can enter? Seeing as how I'm thinking of atleast two on mine I'd love to see in something like this.

Which brings me to this question. Would this be in continuity, affecting other threads? Or could this possibly be a "what if" thing? That way Jedi characters can perticipate without fear of people shouting "Hey, Jedi are all peaceful monk panzies! Get out poser!" Big concern, seeing as how I'd like Sage to duke it out, but he wouldn't join up for a contest like that.

Fiend
May 4th, 2003, 01:56:07 AM
I'd like to say its a coninuity, just cuz the way things are going right now with Fiend, but it'll be a "what-if" thing for ooc and ic problems to be easily simplified that way.

Just know that Fiend is running this contest, as President of Blastech Industries, the sponsor of the entire thing, the tournament will have its own special twists for those involved.

As for amount of characters, I really don't care as long as you tell me ahead of time and you aren't just filling slots with cannon fodder, :lol. People can enter as many of their multiple personalities as they wish :D

And so far, as of interested that have seen so far are- (more added in as I edit) :D
-Wraith Frostmourne
-Wei wu Wei
-Alpha (Satine)
-Ansatsu
-Sage Hazzard
-Xazor Elessar

Seteth Morters
May 4th, 2003, 02:05:06 PM
might think of resurrecting some characters/a character for this one

Zeke
May 4th, 2003, 04:41:51 PM
Lemme think o' one I've got available for it. Normally I'd put Zeke up for it, but he's kinda...meh...at the moment. Maybe I'll use one of my minor ones. I dunno.

Xazor Elessar
May 4th, 2003, 05:01:54 PM
I'm in, Fiendy! ;) *huggles* Go for it dude -- even though others think this stuff can't work, if you have willing people -- anything can happen! :D

I may throw in another character too -- I'm debating, though.

Solomon Daenal
May 5th, 2003, 03:34:26 PM
So what kinda rules/guidelines are there? Particularly in the way of firearms.:shootin :D

Fiend
May 5th, 2003, 04:44:28 PM
basic fights with a basic list of rules will involve whatever you can take with you, following the rules of the board of course

Basic fights will be held in an arena within the massive coliseum being used, each arena has force fields about them that let nothing in or out until one or both of the people have lost. Rules wil be announced at the time, but basic guidelines involve

-no godmoding
-nothing way way out of the ordinary, like pulling a sniper rifle or something like that out of your back pocket, what you bring with you is what you have, you don't get to restock yourself with a new armory in the middle of a fight, duh
- you don't leave until someone loses, you're in a box that doesn't go away until someone loses, and no one gets in either until someone loses, a lot has to depend on the loser, and the loser doesn't have to die, you can ko, or Fiend can call you out, I'll be fair, to a point, but I'll call you out for one thing or another
-working on more, but keeping it simple still

Solomon Daenal
May 5th, 2003, 04:52:31 PM
Sounds good ta me. I guess I'll pull Nemesis outta moth balls for this.

Count me in.:D:\ er.....well....him in. You get the idea.

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2003, 05:47:36 PM
I would love to try that. I haven't rped man for man for a long time.

That is, if it does not affect current char status, I would be willing to fight to the death.

Fiend
May 5th, 2003, 05:53:15 PM
it doesn't affect your current status, this is a spinoff thing, nothing goes after this lol

Telan Desaria
May 7th, 2003, 06:15:27 PM
so what's happening with this?

Zeke
May 7th, 2003, 06:27:32 PM
He's hammering all the li'l details out for us...if he hasn't forgotten it. Sign me up for it. I'm not sure which character I'll use, but I'm there.

Telan Desaria
May 7th, 2003, 06:33:31 PM
PS - hijack - SITH!!! Let's keep up at Thyferra, eh?

Sage Hazzard
May 7th, 2003, 08:57:59 PM
Sounds neat. Are the fights being judged perhaps? That'd make it easier. If you just have a fight until someone stops, no one will stop. I know that Sage would go on fighting with his arms, legs, and back broken, with his tongue cut off. So maybe there should be a point where ol' Fiendy calls it finished and judges who wins.

I'd like to enter Sage(you already have him down) and Jacen Himes, my bounty hunter. :)

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2003, 10:27:08 PM
Admin Note: In the future, when using an important tag such as [RP], [NSP], [HELP], or [MOD], please be more descriptive than "hehehe".

Fiend
May 9th, 2003, 02:08:10 AM
PS Thyferra rolls my friend :lol

All fights will be judged by Fiend, if that makes you feel anybetter Sage

and note ont he thing, I meant to change the thitle if I could but I'm not sure I can edit it now to Tournament sign ups huh?

Zeke
May 9th, 2003, 06:16:44 AM
Just edit the first post and change the title.

Syrius Cline
May 10th, 2003, 12:55:45 AM
Sure does make me feel better. :)

So when are you planning on implementing this? :)

Fiend
May 10th, 2003, 10:08:08 AM
after I get more people into it, whic I'm assuming more will view it once the title changes, :lol

Guy Tao
May 10th, 2003, 10:55:22 AM
Count Guy Tao in, he lives for this kinda thing.

And Fiend, I need to talk to you, PM me.

Laric Nworb
May 12th, 2003, 07:34:42 PM
I'd like this character to participate in this, otherwise hes gonna become a piece of toast or something odd like that

Epyon
May 15th, 2003, 07:10:44 AM
:: Count me in Fiend::

Garrett Blade
May 17th, 2003, 01:43:32 PM
I think this kind of thing would work if it was reminiscent of "Unreal Tournament" - it would allow for more of a story to develop other than just a win/lose situation. You mentioned BlasTech would run things. Things could occur, like a rival company sending stealth assassins or droids into one of the arena's to sabotage the skirmishes. Another good idea would be teams, allowing the teams to form their own personalities as well as the personalities of the characters. Just a few ideas. And one more thing...

Ultra Kill!
Mega Kill!
Monster Kill!
LUDICROUS KILL!!!

HOLY %$!>!!!!!

Solomon Daenal
May 17th, 2003, 03:49:16 PM
Teams....that could be pretty wicked.>D :D

Fiend
May 28th, 2003, 10:56:02 PM
alright, Tournament Session I begins this coming saturday, those involved will be notfied by a pm the day of, this pm will concern information of things involving the tournament, to be discovered when read :lol and there is to be a minimum of arguing, all of this is directed by Fiend IC, he sponsors it and arguing does close to frell I assure you :lol